Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Heron

Heron 2 months 1 week ago #321967

• Mike Zaun
  • Thank you received: 963
It was definitely confusing and not handled professionally. So was it a bruise or tendinitis? They are totally different. Bruises can swell obviously, but usually are fine after some ice and a good knee wrap. Tendinitis is something that according to WebMD takes weeks to recover from. It's not that anyone's calling Heron a wuss, it's that the admin isn't being up front with the fans about this and it loses trust. A lot of it just didn't make much sense.

Either way, let's hope he's ok and that he plays tomorrow.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Heron 2 months 1 week ago #321971

• mjmaherjr
  • Thank you received: 3247

Marillac wrote:

Mike Zaun wrote: If he's our for any extended period of time it's game, set, match. I said before the season I could see us missing the tourney, making the NIT and then half the board will be saying Mullin deserves an extension because not making the tourney was due to injuries, not his fault. Totally disagree...it's on the staff for having no bench. Honestly, even if Mullin does lead us to the tourney, let's be real...he's clearly not the answer long-term. The team plays clueless and you can clearly see there is no real plan. Feel terrible for Ponds who very possibly will leave SJ without ever experiencing a game in the NCAA Tourney. What a waste of such a special talent. If we can't win consistently with Heron, Ponds, Clark, LJ, we will never be consistent under Mullin. I don't care if he has 5 star kids.

“A coward dies a thousand times before his death, but the valiant taste of death but once. It seems to me most strange that men should fear, seeing that death, a necessary end, will come when it will come. -William Shakespeare” -Marillac

" why do I put myself through this pain every year rooting for st johns and the mets " mjmaherjr
The following user(s) said Thank You: austour, SJUNC, RedStormRising, Mike Zaun

Heron 2 months 1 week ago #321973

• Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 11157
At Butler game Mike Zaun & his Mullin Maniacs posse get pumped following a Heron breakaway dunk at the horn for a win. After raising Heron on Zaun’s shoulders, MH crashes to the floor and is carried to locker room. Later Heron appears in a full body cast & SJU PR statement indicates his tendinitis is flaring up and he is day to day. Zaun opens a “Herongate” investigation out of his car. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: fuchsia, bamafan

Last edit: by Paultzman.

Heron 2 months 1 week ago #321974

• mjmaherjr

Paultzman wrote: At Butler game Mike Zaun & his Mullin Maniacs posse get pumped following a Heron breakaway dunk at the horn for a win. After raising Heron on Zaun’s shoulders, MH crashes to the floor and is carried to locker room. Later Heron appears in a full body cast & SJU PR statement indicates his tendinitis is flaring up and he is day to day. Zaun opens a “Herongate” investigation out of his car. :)

Mullin Maniacs after a loss to Butler
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Marillac, Paultzman, bamafan, JohnnyFan, Mike Zaun

Heron 2 months 1 week ago #321975

• Mike Zaun
  • Thank you received: 963
Mike Stephens refs our game, Heron gets a huge dunk at last second to win by 1...but wait a tech is called by Stephens for hanging on the rim for .0001 seconds! Butler gets FT's and the ball to win. Mullins Maniacs proceed to leg drop Stephens in our Hulk Hogan costumes and Mullin looks over in horror. The picture is an hour later at a precinct in Queens with me held by NYPD officers for observation. I get placed in a holding cell as I hear cops laughing telling their friends the story. I turn to look the other way and see a creepy guy with clown face paint. It's Fun...
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr, bamafan

Heron 2 months 1 week ago #321976

• Sherman, Sheridan & Grant
  • Thank you received: 712

Paultzman wrote: Per NY Post’’s Howie Kussow
Heron practiced today. Should be good to go tomorrow

It would be so sweet to get a W tomorrow.
That’s the story.
And that’s the rest of the story!
( Paul Harvey 1918-2008)

Heron 2 months 1 week ago #321980

• Mike
  • Thank you received: 151
I could be wrong here, but do people think that the staff is in the wrong for not announcing his injury days before or couple of hours before the game? I have complaints about the staff but being angry for not publicly announcing an injury so fans can prepare themselves is just ridiculous.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, Paultzman, weathermannyc, SJU85, Section9, RedStormRising, stjohnnie75, richard A Steinfeld, JohnnyFan

Heron 2 months 1 week ago #321981

• mjmaherjr

Mike wrote: I could be wrong here, but do people think that the staff is in the wrong for not announcing his injury days before or couple of hours before the game? I have complaints about the staff but being angry for not publicly announcing an injury so fans can prepare themselves is just ridiculous.

we have an aging fan base. Most of us need to be warned if the bathroom line is going to be longer than usual
The following user(s) said Thank You: fuchsia, NCJohnnie

Heron 2 months 1 week ago #321982

• Marillac
  • Thank you received: 1198

Mike wrote: I could be wrong here, but do people think that the staff is in the wrong for not announcing his injury days before or couple of hours before the game? I have complaints about the staff but being angry for not publicly announcing an injury so fans can prepare themselves is just ridiculous.

A bunch of HIPAAcrites. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: AJ Hidell, NCJohnnie

Heron 2 months 1 week ago #321983

• Marillac
  • Thank you received: 1198

mjmaherjr wrote:

Paultzman wrote: At Butler game Mike Zaun & his Mullin Maniacs posse get pumped following a Heron breakaway dunk at the horn for a win. After raising Heron on Zaun’s shoulders, MH crashes to the floor and is carried to locker room. Later Heron appears in a full body cast & SJU PR statement indicates his tendinitis is flaring up and he is day to day. Zaun opens a “Herongate” investigation out of his car. :)

Mullin Maniacs after a loss to Butler

Make sure that straight jacket is size Medium.

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight

Follow redmen.com on Twitter