Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: (PRE-GAME) Butler, Tues. Feb. 12, 8:30pm, CBS SN / 970AM

(PRE-GAME) Butler, Tues. Feb. 12, 8:30pm, CBS SN / 970AM 6 months 1 week ago #321966

• Chicago Days
  • Thank you received: 2551
1 game at a time, but how often have we said ‘this game is a must win’.
The irony is, at this point in the season, with tomorrow versus Butler and before Nova, that cliche could not be truer.
The topic has been locked.

(PRE-GAME) Butler, Tues. Feb. 12, 8:30pm, CBS SN / 970AM 6 months 1 week ago #321968

• Las Vegan
  • Thank you received: 200

Paultzman wrote: Script is they recapture fan spirit & optimism by edging Butler, setting up sold out clash with Nova Sunday night resulting in elation or despair? :)

Alternative script - Butler, led by Tucker, beats an uninspired Redmen team. Same Redmen squad then, inexplicably, defeats overly confident Villanova.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, Chicago Days
Last edit: by Las Vegan.

(PRE-GAME) Butler, Tues. Feb. 12, 8:30pm, CBS SN / 970AM 6 months 1 week ago #321969

• ron
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 388

Las Vegan wrote:

Paultzman wrote: Script is they recapture fan spirit & optimism by edging Butler, setting up sold out clash with Nova Sunday night resulting in elation or despair? :)

Alternative script - Butler, led by Tucker, beats an uninspired Redmen team. Same Redmen squad then, inexplicitly, defeats overly confident Villanova.

I can see that scenario playing out. It would typify this season.

Ron

(PRE-GAME) Butler, Tues. Feb. 12, 8:30pm, CBS SN / 970AM 6 months 1 week ago #321970

• Mike Zaun
  • Thank you received: 1063
You're all just entitled! Jeez, it's just a game where you try to put a ball in a hoop for crying out loud! ;)

Anyway, even after that awful outing vs. PC, I'll be there in a Hulk Hogan outfit with my friend and we will have a big poster of Johnny Thunderbird leg dropping the Butler mascot. If you thought you couldn't miss us in our wigs, just wait. I couldn't find any other red sunglasses except kids sunglasses, so they are a bit small but just makes it all the more ridiculous and fun. If we distract Tucker even for 1 shot we have done our job.

(PRE-GAME) Butler, Tues. Feb. 12, 8:30pm, CBS SN / 970AM 6 months 1 week ago #321977

• Chicago Days

Well let’s show Tucker is not the player who destroyed us at Hinkle and also neutralize their guards.

Well Paultz, you nailed the emotional swings of this Board 'north and south': elation to despair, but let's not forget the 'east and west' swings: anger to outrage.
Lol.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman

(PRE-GAME) Butler, Tues. Feb. 12, 8:30pm, CBS SN / 970AM 6 months 1 week ago #321984

• Ray Morgan
  • Thank you received: 750

Paultzman wrote: Zach B
St. John's opens as a four-point favorite over Butler tomorrow in Queens. Around what I expected. #sjubb

Less than a month ago. SJU was between 8.5 and 10.5 over Depaul before the Ponds injury. Depaul and Butler are both 5 and 6. The line-makers are losing faith.

(PRE-GAME) Butler, Tues. Feb. 12, 8:30pm, CBS SN / 970AM 6 months 1 week ago #321987

• Chicago Days

Las Vegan wrote:

Alternative script - Butler, led by Tucker, beats an uninspired Redmen team. Same Redmen squad then, inexplicably, defeats overly confident Villanova.

Gawd, ‘that’ fits the season so far! Lol.

(PRE-GAME) Butler, Tues. Feb. 12, 8:30pm, CBS SN / 970AM 6 months 1 week ago #321990

• Chicago Days

Ray Morgan wrote:

St. John's opens as a four-point favorite over Butler tomorrow in Queens. Around what I expected. #sjubb

Less than a month ago. SJU was between 8.5 and 10.5 over Depaul before the Ponds injury. Depaul and Butler are both 5 and 6. The line-makers are losing faith.

Well Ray, judging by the rise in ‘angst’ on this Board, I’d say the ‘odds-makers’ have nailed it once again.
1 game at a time.
Let’s beat Butler—I don’t care by 2 at the buzzer—let’s beat Butler tomorrow.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mean Gene

(PRE-GAME) Butler, Tues. Feb. 12, 8:30pm, CBS SN / 970AM 6 months 1 week ago #321991

• Ray Morgan
  • Thank you received: 750

Chicago Days wrote:

Ray Morgan wrote:

Well Ray, judging by the rise in ‘angst’ on this Board, I’d say the ‘odds-makers’ have nailed it once again.
1 game at a time.
Let’s beat Butler—I don’t care by 2 at the buzzer—let’s beat Butler tomorrow.

You may not care if it's by 2 at the buzzer, but my senior citizen heart cares. I'm the kind of guy that likes blowout wins. Then again, after growing up watching too much pro wrestling, I like squash matches too where the bad guy pummels the jobber for 5 minutes before leaving him on a stretcher, and then knocks the stretcher over for good measure.

(PRE-GAME) Butler, Tues. Feb. 12, 8:30pm, CBS SN / 970AM 6 months 1 week ago #321999

• NCJohnnie
  • Thank you received: 3376
nypost.com/2019/02/12/st-johns-wont-make...ess-on-talent-alone/

Very interesting quote from Marvin in this article:
We have more talent, but talent doesn’t go out and win you games,” Clark said. “The mindset that [Butler] takes and the approach they take to every game is what wins you games. Butler is a well-coached team. They’re gonna play hard and do whatever they have to do to win. That’s what has been instilled into them.”

Seems like he feels those last 3 sentences are what allowed Butler to beat a more talented St. John's team.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, Delaware
Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight

Follow redmen.com on Twitter