Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: (PRE-GAME) Butler, Tues. Feb. 12, 8:30pm, CBS SN / 970AM

(PRE-GAME) Butler, Tues. Feb. 12, 8:30pm, CBS SN / 970AM 2 months 2 weeks ago #321620

• Mean Gene
  • Thank you received: 514

david cross wrote: Who honestly thinks that 9-9 in BE and 1 BE tournament win is enough to dance? I think BE teams need to have 10 wins plus 1 tournsment win

If we do not go 5-2 in the last 7 and win at least one game in the Big East Tournament we will probably not make it to the NCAA. If we do we will be playing in Dayton
The topic has been locked.

(PRE-GAME) Butler, Tues. Feb. 12, 8:30pm, CBS SN / 970AM 2 months 2 weeks ago #321626

• JohnnyFan
  • Thank you received: 1803
Hope we get to 10 wins, but I think the following would have us on the bubble come Selection Sunday......

9-9
Two wins against Marquette
A home win against Nova
Two wins in the BE Tournament

(PRE-GAME) Butler, Tues. Feb. 12, 8:30pm, CBS SN / 970AM 2 months 2 weeks ago #321629

• oldschool Redmen
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 523

mjmaherjr wrote: Cant even believe I'm about to say this but I dont even care about the game. I'll wait till sunday. This staff today zapped my enthusiasm

I won't be watching Tuesday, to disgusted from today's loss.
We all see how they play when they bring it, today they lose to a last place team at MSG by 14?
They is nothing they could say to defend themselves from that. Do they care if they get in the ncaa tourny? I guess not, if they did, they wouldn't play like they did today.

Want to see that they care and have a W when I check my phone at 10:40 Tuesday night, or I'll give away next Sundays ticket vs. Villanova. If they don't care, I won't either

(PRE-GAME) Butler, Tues. Feb. 12, 8:30pm, CBS SN / 970AM 2 months 1 week ago #321874

• thetux1
  • Thank you received: 35
I can’t wait to see Ponds dribble for another hour

(PRE-GAME) Butler, Tues. Feb. 12, 8:30pm, CBS SN / 970AM 2 months 1 week ago #321876

• Chicago Days
  • Thank you received: 2211
I’ve half-revived from that downer of a loss at MSG against Providence and am hopeful that—with Heron—we bring it strong against Butler and remain focused for the tricky half-dozen games following Tuesday.
Got to go 5-2 and win 1 in the BET to make the Dance and not get a 1-way ticket to Dayton.
Last edit: by Chicago Days.

(PRE-GAME) Butler, Tues. Feb. 12, 8:30pm, CBS SN / 970AM 2 months 1 week ago #321882

• Class of 72
  • Thank you received: 2864
With Heron we win this game. No way Marvin and Justin play uninspired 2 games in a row.
All characters and events depicted in this post are entirely fictitious. Any similarity to actual events or persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sju grad 13

(PRE-GAME) Butler, Tues. Feb. 12, 8:30pm, CBS SN / 970AM 2 months 1 week ago #321893

• Mike Zaun
  • Thank you received: 963
Tucker licking his chops.

(PRE-GAME) Butler, Tues. Feb. 12, 8:30pm, CBS SN / 970AM 2 months 1 week ago #321910

• Enright
  • Thank you received: 360
The loss to Prov has had a terrible effect on the SJU fan base, certainly on the posters on Redmen.com.It certainly was a disappointing loss mainly because of what appeared to be a lack of effort by SJU. But as far as causing an end to a disappointing season, not yet.
Prior to the start of the season and Kieta's injury I would estimate SJU's chances of making the NCAA at about sixty per cent and their chances now at about fifty per cent. This isn't Duke and N. C. settling for the NIT. If Heron can get back in the lineup it is not over yet. Let the season play out before throwing out your tickets.

(PRE-GAME) Butler, Tues. Feb. 12, 8:30pm, CBS SN / 970AM 2 months 1 week ago #321918

• Andrew
  • Thank you received: 736

Enright wrote: The loss to Prov has had a terrible effect on the SJU fan base, certainly on the posters on Redmen.com.It certainly was a disappointing loss mainly because of what appeared to be a lack of effort by SJU. But as far as causing an end to a disappointing season, not yet.
Prior to the start of the season and Kieta's injury I would estimate SJU's chances of making the NCAA at about sixty per cent and their chances now at about fifty per cent. This isn't Duke and N. C. settling for the NIT. If Heron can get back in the lineup it is not over yet. Let the season play out before throwing out your tickets.

I agree with you that it is too early to give up on the season, and I always try to get to their BET games because you never know. However, watching the team play without Ponds(DePaul) and Heron(Providence) was almost as difficult as watching the brutal beatings we took in the BET against Nova and Xavier the last two seasons. If you see enough of those games its hard to keep going back although most of us do.
Last edit: by Andrew.

(PRE-GAME) Butler, Tues. Feb. 12, 8:30pm, CBS SN / 970AM 2 months 1 week ago #321925

• Tommy O 54
  • Thank you received: 154
Another must win for us, its crazy every time you think were in good shape, something always happens ( heron injury) (Ponds injury), what next? If we don't make the NCAA this year, I believe we start a rebuild all over again, its definitely frustrating and tiring! Just me 2 cents for whatever its worth.
Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight

Follow redmen.com on Twitter