Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: (POST-GAME) Providence (MSG), Sat. Feb. 9, Noon, CBS SN, 570AM

(POST-GAME) Providence (MSG), Sat. Feb. 9, Noon, CBS SN, 570AM 1 week 4 hours ago #321662

• tac
  • Thank you received: 5
Yes i did watch every minute, Clarke doesnt work at getting free, he has no concept of how to cut to the basket without the ball and look to get free. Watch LJ, HE ALWAYS GETS FREE BECAUSE HE WORKS AT IT. the few times i watched Dixon he was extremely moblie and looked for open shots when he had them. Clarke ans Simon are rejects from other schools becausevthey lack division 1 skills, they are both killing us on offense and defense...period.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

(POST-GAME) Providence (MSG), Sat. Feb. 9, Noon, CBS SN, 570AM 1 week 4 hours ago #321663

• Class of 72
  • Thank you received: 2440
Paultzman wrote:
"Maybe the effort and preparation is sporadic.

Maybe this “small ball model” is risky and necessitates great shooting, concentration and fierce gang rebounding to work.

Maybe staff put together a thin, risk laden roster that is vulnerable to foul problems, exhaustion & injuries."

You just about summarized what many have been voicing for over 2 years now.

Staff can't seem to prepare these players for key matchups and they get outcoached before the game even begins. When our good outside shooters are off we have no inside game plan. How does staff not develop Roberts before desperation sets in?
All of Matt's transfers have come with question marks with Figgy as an outlier.
All characters and events depicted in this post are entirely fictitious. Any similarity to actual events or persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: isham, Paultzman, JackofVirginia, gonzalo, Delaware, Chicago Days

Last edit: by Class of 72.

(POST-GAME) Providence (MSG), Sat. Feb. 9, Noon, CBS SN, 570AM 1 week 4 hours ago #321664

• Knight
  • Knight's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 610
Yes, Keita played poorly, but this loss is not on him alone. He is a role player forced into a starting job. He'll be a decent role player going forward. He should have been sharing time with Roberts all season. Do we have coaches on this staff that can teach players how to rebound and position? To date, I have not seen it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Class of 72, ron

(POST-GAME) Providence (MSG), Sat. Feb. 9, Noon, CBS SN, 570AM 1 week 4 hours ago #321665

• Class of 72
  • Thank you received: 2440

Knight wrote: Yes, Keita played poorly, but this loss is not on him alone. He is a role player forced into a starting job. He'll be a decent role player going forward. He should have been sharing time with Roberts all season. Do we have coaches on this staff that can teach players how to rebound and position? To date, I have not seen it.

If one were to base former players' opinions on whether the staff has big man coaching abilities one would have to think not. Sima, Owen's and Yakwe all made negative comments. Image can only change with a staff addition.
All characters and events depicted in this post are entirely fictitious. Any similarity to actual events or persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: Knight

Show up 1 week 4 hours ago #321666

• Ray Morgan
  • Thank you received: 539

Jack Williams wrote: Agree JNaw, if we lose, we lose, but I just can’t stand seeing us go down essentially without a fight

Avatar of the year. Team needs to put up the same effort as you did creating it.

(POST-GAME) Providence (MSG), Sat. Feb. 9, Noon, CBS SN, 570AM 1 week 4 hours ago #321667

• Andrew
  • Thank you received: 527

Paultzman wrote: Maybe the premise that SJU has best starting five in BE is flawed.

Maybe the effort and preparation is sporadic.

Maybe this “small ball model” is risky and necessitates great shooting, concentration and fierce gang rebounding to work.

Maybe staff put together a thin, risk laden roster that is vulnerable to foul problems, exhaustion & injuries.

Maybe half court creative, changing defenses confuse SJU and negate our athleticism.

Maybe this team lacks depth to win on successive nights in BE Tourney because of thin roster and marginal talent on bench.

Maybe SJU squeaks into Dance only to be abused by a team on the interior like Gonzaga did years ago.

Maybe I am letting my frustration get to me. :)

If this game didn’t get you frustrated then you have become immune to the frustration that comes with rooting for this program. I gave my seats away to a friend and his son who root for St. John’s but are not diehards. They are however huge basketball fans and very knowledgeable. I felt bad that they had to sit through that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, mjmaherjr, RedStormRising

Enough is Enough 1 week 4 hours ago #321668

• 41ndone
  • Thank you received: 79

david cross wrote: Living in Albany provides the luxury to hop on a train to Penn Station to take in some St.Johns games. I was not excited with the Mullin hire because of his lack of experience. I fully support the program and the coaching staff, however like others i am waivering on my loyalty. I have made it to the Gtown game and Providence with some buddies that are Duke and Cuse fans. They ask how can i continue to support the team. Today i said i don’t know. What i do know is that this year 4 of the Mullin era and year 4 should show more. We lack depth, coaching improvement, consistence, and take transfers that did not live up to the hype out of hs with the first school they attended. This team will not make the tournament and will not improve in wins next year. I have finally hit my breaking point. Providence is not good this year and good teams win these games. We just can’t improve or get out of our own way.

Duke and Puke fans are known douches. The bigger question is why you're hanging with douches.
The following user(s) said Thank You: otis, david cross

Enough is Enough 1 week 4 hours ago #321669

• david cross
  • Thank you received: 13
Because they are winners and you are bigger douche. When did you become god?

Enough is Enough 1 week 4 hours ago #321670

• SJU61982
  • Thank you received: 546

david cross wrote: The question posed was not about changing teams, it is about why do you continue to support SJU. I can’t answer it any longer. Both Duke and Cuse are good programs. I will not support either, but i also can no longer support the inadequacy that is st johns.

Sincerely,
No longer glutten for punishment

Because if I ever stopped being a fan, and we someday win it all, it would be the biggest gut punch in the world.
The following user(s) said Thank You: david cross

(POST-GAME) Providence (MSG), Sat. Feb. 9, Noon, CBS SN, 570AM 1 week 4 hours ago #321671

• Porgyman
  • Thank you received: 55

Paultzman wrote: Maybe the premise that SJU has best starting five in BE is flawed.

Maybe the effort and preparation is sporadic.

Maybe staff put together a thin, risk laden roster that is vulnerable to foul problems, exhaustion & injuries.

Maybe half court creative, changing defenses confuse SJU and negate our athleticism.

Maybe this team lacks depth to win on successive nights in BE Tourney because of thin roster and marginal talent on bench.

Maybe SJU squeaks into Dance only to be abused by a team on the interior like Gonzaga did years ago.

Maybe I am letting my frustration get to me. :)

I agree with everything above. Small ball can work, think back to the Nova championship team 3 years ago. But that team crashed the boards. Something this team is unwilling or unable to do.

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight

Follow redmen.com on Twitter

ATTENTION:Lurkers!

Login and See less ads - AUTOMATICALLY

Logged in members automatically have less advertisements appear when viewing redmen.com.

Please consider a recurring monthly contribution.
Help Support Redmen.com
Thank you, Paul