Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: (POST-GAME) Providence (MSG), Sat. Feb. 9, Noon, CBS SN, 570AM

(POST-GAME) Providence (MSG), Sat. Feb. 9, Noon, CBS SN, 570AM 1 week 4 hours ago #321642

• oldschool Redmen
  • Thank you received: 332

stjohnnie75 wrote:

oldschool Redmen wrote:

Paultzman wrote: Mullin;
“I thought he [Josh Roberts] did a great job. He brought great energy” - Mullin #SJUBB

“I don’t think he should have been the only one playing with that energy”

What motivates these guys then? Just beat Marquette in tough road game & they did not play with energy according to Chris?? Don’t get it.

What's to get? They're a joke of a joke, I guess they don't give 2 s* if they make it or not.
If they did then wouldn't they come hard every damn game?
If I'm Chris I send the whole damn starting 5 a message. Start: Roberts, William, Trimble, Earlington, and a walkon.
Keep them in until the under 16minute timeout.

That's suicide right? Well they gotta be sent A FREAKING MESSAGE.
I know most coaches wouldn't have the guts to do that, but I would, it lets them all know: " I do not give a crap who you are, if you don't play hard then you will get benched. Wanna call my bluff? Then go ahead and F around, and see what happens.
I'd be crazy enough to start the whole bench.

And you would have a bunch of wackos on a message board saying you should be fired for doing so!

Well what's to lose? Start the starters vs. a last team @ msg and lose by 14, or start your bench and lose by 20?
Both are blowouts right? Atleast you might embarrass the starters by starting the bench, and the starters get motivated to play hard every game the whole game. If not then I start the bench every game?

Hey if I get fired because they won't play hard for me, then you're damn right I'm gonna embarrass them.

Yeah I know Mullin won't get fired, just an example.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by oldschool Redmen.

(POST-GAME) Providence (MSG), Sat. Feb. 9, Noon, CBS SN, 570AM 1 week 4 hours ago #321645

• Paultzman
  • Thank you received: 8979
Maybe the premise that SJU has best starting five in BE is flawed.

Maybe the effort and preparation is sporadic.

Maybe this “small ball model” is risky and necessitates great shooting, concentration and fierce gang rebounding to work.

Maybe staff put together a thin, risk laden roster that is vulnerable to foul problems, exhaustion & injuries.

Maybe half court creative, changing defenses confuse SJU and negate our athleticism.

Maybe this team lacks depth to win on successive nights in BE Tourney because of thin roster and marginal talent on bench.

Maybe SJU squeaks into Dance only to be abused by a team on the interior like Gonzaga did years ago.

Maybe I am letting my frustration get to me. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: isham, fordham96, SJUNC, mjmaherjr, Tonyinfairfield , redmanwest, JackofVirginia, gonzalo, fuchsia, RedStormRising and 5 other people also said thanks.

Last edit: by Paultzman.

Enough is Enough 1 week 4 hours ago #321648

• david cross
  • Thank you received: 13
Living in Albany provides the luxury to hop on a train to Penn Station to take in some St.Johns games. I was not excited with the Mullin hire because of his lack of experience. I fully support the program and the coaching staff, however like others i am waivering on my loyalty. I have made it to the Gtown game and Providence with some buddies that are Duke and Cuse fans. They ask how can i continue to support the team. Today i said i don’t know. What i do know is that this year 4 of the Mullin era and year 4 should show more. We lack depth, coaching improvement, consistence, and take transfers that did not live up to the hype out of hs with the first school they attended. This team will not make the tournament and will not improve in wins next year. I have finally hit my breaking point. Providence is not good this year and good teams win these games. We just can’t improve or get out of our own way.
The following user(s) said Thank You: isham, mjmaherjr, RedStormRising, Delaware

(POST-GAME) Providence (MSG), Sat. Feb. 9, Noon, CBS SN, 570AM 1 week 4 hours ago #321650

• Ray Morgan
  • Thank you received: 539

Paultzman wrote: Maybe the premise that SJU has best starting five in BE is flawed.

Maybe this “small ball model” is risky and necessitates great shooting, concentration and fierce gang rebounding to work.

Maybe staff put together a thin, risk laden roster that is vulnerable to foul problems, exhaustion & injuries.

Maybe half court creative, changing defenses confuse SJU and negate our athleticism.

Maybe this team lacks depth to win on successive nights in BE Tourney because of thin roster and marginal talent on bench.

Maybe SJU squeaks into Dance only to be abused by a team on the interior like Gonzaga did years ago.

Or maybe all of the above are true. Well, more than maybe.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, Class of 72, JohnnyFan

(POST-GAME) Providence (MSG), Sat. Feb. 9, Noon, CBS SN, 570AM 1 week 4 hours ago #321651

• stjohnnie75
  • Thank you received: 162

Paultzman wrote: Maybe the premise that SJU has best starting five in BE is flawed.

Only 4 BE losses with our starting 5 playing :)

Enough is Enough 1 week 4 hours ago #321653

• L J S A
  • Thank you received: 1426

david cross wrote: They ask how can I continue to support the team.

I'm not going to tell you how you should feel, but unless your friends change their favorite teams often, it's a stupid question to ask of anyone.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stjohnnie75, david cross

Enough is Enough 1 week 4 hours ago #321657

• Ray Morgan
  • Thank you received: 539
My dad, a SJU alum and athlete when he attended (before any fan here was born), took me to my first game in 1967. We attended dozens of games together, and watched on TV when he was too old to attend, or called each other after each game when distance prevented us from watching together. The first game after he passed away, i instinctively reached for the phone to call him. So I live and die with St. John's. If you can't handle the tougher times, then I'm not sure what to tell you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jerseyshorejohnny, jackfro, fuchsia, L J S A, david cross

Enough is Enough 1 week 4 hours ago #321658

• david cross
The question posed was not about changing teams, it is about why do you continue to support SJU. I can’t answer it any longer. Both Duke and Cuse are good programs. I will not support either, but i also can no longer support the inadequacy that is st johns.

Sincerely,
No longer glutten for punishment

Enough is Enough 1 week 4 hours ago #321659

• david cross
It has been tougher times for 19 years. Good luck with your support

(POST-GAME) Providence (MSG), Sat. Feb. 9, Noon, CBS SN, 570AM 1 week 3 hours ago #321660

• fordham96
  • Thank you received: 1020
Hard to believe but they simply cannot get over the .500 mark in conference play under this staff. Almost psychological.

Remember two years ago they were 1-0, 2-0 and 2-1. This year they were 2-1. That's it in 4 years in terms of the extent to which SJU has been above .500 in the BE,

And it will be delayed at least 1 more week. They will need to beat both Butler and Nova to get over...

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight

Follow redmen.com on Twitter

ATTENTION:Lurkers!

Login and See less ads - AUTOMATICALLY

Logged in members automatically have less advertisements appear when viewing redmen.com.

Please consider a recurring monthly contribution.
Help Support Redmen.com
Thank you, Paul