Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: (PRE-GAME) Providence (MSG), Sat. Feb. 9, Noon, CBS SN, 570AM

(PRE-GAME) Providence (MSG), Sat. Feb. 9, Noon, CBS SN, 570AM 1 week 3 days ago #320788

• Jack Williams
  • Thank you received: 561
Would be a total St. John’s move to win like we did last night and then lose this one
The topic has been locked.

(PRE-GAME) Providence (MSG), Sat. Feb. 9, Noon, CBS SN, 570AM 1 week 3 days ago #320790

• SJU61982
  • Thank you received: 546

Tommy O 54 wrote: I have bad feeling about this 1, Cooley seems to have our number.

So did McDermott, before this year!
The following user(s) said Thank You: redken, jerseyshorejohnny

(PRE-GAME) Providence (MSG), Sat. Feb. 9, Noon, CBS SN, 570AM 1 week 3 days ago #320792

• jerseyshorejohnny
  • Thank you received: 782
Understand nearly 16K tickets have been sold for Saturday's game at the Garden.

If you haven't bought tickets you probably should ASAP
The following user(s) said Thank You: JohnnyFan, Adam

(PRE-GAME) Providence (MSG), Sat. Feb. 9, Noon, CBS SN, 570AM 1 week 3 days ago #320793

• Paultzman
  • Thank you received: 8981
Diallo is a special player & yes Watson is a solid big man. Their young guards are talented, but If we defend like last night, make deflections & steals for easy buckets, I like SJU chances.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Section3, jerseyshorejohnny, Chicago Days

(PRE-GAME) Providence (MSG), Sat. Feb. 9, Noon, CBS SN, 570AM 1 week 3 days ago #320797

• Mean Gene
  • Thank you received: 395

Paultzman wrote: Diallo is a special player & yes Watson is a solid big man. Their young guards are talented, but If we defend like last night, make deflections & steals for easy buckets, I like SJU chances.

The fact that Keita has been improving and getting more comfortable gives me confidence that we can handle Watson. Other than the Center position, we seem to match up pretty well with them. They are more athletic than Marquette though but they don't shoot as well.
Last edit: by Mean Gene.

(PRE-GAME) Providence (MSG), Sat. Feb. 9, Noon, CBS SN, 570AM 1 week 3 days ago #320798

• Mean Gene
  • Thank you received: 395

Jack Williams wrote: Would be a total St. John’s move to win like we did last night and then lose this one

Let's not be negative before the game even starts Jacky! :) :) :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Massell, kranmars

(PRE-GAME) Providence (MSG), Sat. Feb. 9, Noon, CBS SN, 570AM 1 week 3 days ago #320824

• austour
  • Thank you received: 548

MBaldi wrote: Going back to the Billy Donovan days, Providence has long been a frustrating team for the Johnnies. Even those years where we had more talent, it’s never been an easy match-up (which is why even this down-year Providence team still concerns me). Hopeful that this year, in continuation of what is shaping-up to be a special year, things will be different. Go Johnnies!!!!

Add to the that the fact that Eric Murdock was the only basketball player my wife openly swooned at during St Johns games. Let's beat 'em to a pulp.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chicago Days

(PRE-GAME) Providence (MSG), Sat. Feb. 9, Noon, CBS SN, 570AM 1 week 3 days ago #320830

• fordham96
  • Thank you received: 1020
The only home game I see SJU potentially being an underdog is Villanova and even that will be a small number. Can and should win them all.

And that is starts with Saturday. Cannot lose this game...

(PRE-GAME) Providence (MSG), Sat. Feb. 9, Noon, CBS SN, 570AM 1 week 3 days ago #320831

• Chicago Days
  • Thank you received: 1645

fordham96 wrote: The only home game I see SJU potentially being an underdog is Villanova and even that will be a small number. Can and should win them all.

And that is starts with Saturday. Cannot lose this game...

A new batch of tea leaves has us winning the next 3 'home' games, but gets 'cloudy' for the @Prov game.
Lol.
Let's do it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fordham96, Manhattan1

(PRE-GAME) Providence (MSG), Sat. Feb. 9, Noon, CBS SN, 570AM 1 week 3 days ago #320832

• Jack Williams
  • Thank you received: 561
of our 3 home games coming up, I am least confident about this one. When at full strength, we do not lose at CA so I expect some payback and a swift beatdown of Butler. I still like how we matchup with Nova even though we caved down the stretch on the road. This game will be tough. PC matches us with their length and athleticism. This will come down to who is making more shots. If Clark can stay in the game and get 4-5 threes to drop, I think we win
Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight

Follow redmen.com on Twitter

ATTENTION:Lurkers!

Login and See less ads - AUTOMATICALLY

Logged in members automatically have less advertisements appear when viewing redmen.com.

Please consider a recurring monthly contribution.
Help Support Redmen.com
Thank you, Paul