Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: (PRE-GAME) Providence (MSG), Sat. Feb. 9, Noon, CBS SN, 570AM

(PRE-GAME) Providence (MSG), Sat. Feb. 9, Noon, CBS SN, 570AM 1 week 4 days ago #320559

• Knight
  • Knight's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 610
The topic has been locked.

(PRE-GAME) Providence (MSG), Sat. Feb. 9, Noon, CBS SN, 570AM 1 week 3 days ago #320721

• Paultzman
  • Thank you received: 8979
Luca is a very nice guy & spirited
The following user(s) said Thank You: jerseyshorejohnny, RJGBOOTSY, Tommy O 54

(PRE-GAME) Providence (MSG), Sat. Feb. 9, Noon, CBS SN, 570AM 1 week 3 days ago #320729

• Room112
  • Thank you received: 651
Providence is 1-4 on the road so far in Big East play, with their only win coming against bottom feeder Xavier. Definitely a winnable game.

Sidenote, does anyone think we have an outside chance of being ranked if we win this game? With the way ranked teams are losing around the country, and with our solid NET and RPI numbers, I feel like we can slip into the rankings with some more help from teams losing.

(PRE-GAME) Providence (MSG), Sat. Feb. 9, Noon, CBS SN, 570AM 1 week 3 days ago #320731

• Paultzman

Room112 wrote: Providence is 1-4 on the road so far in Big East play, with their only win coming against bottom feeder Xavier. Definitely a winnable game.

Sidenote, does anyone think we have an outside chance of being ranked if we win this game? With the way ranked teams are losing around the country, and with our solid NET and RPI numbers, I feel like we can slip into the rankings with some more help from teams losing.

Doubt it & frankly imo better to do that after Nova win at packed MSG. Avoid premature ranking jinx. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Section3, Room112, JohnnyFan, Adam

(PRE-GAME) Providence (MSG), Sat. Feb. 9, Noon, CBS SN, 570AM 1 week 3 days ago #320734

• Adam
  • Thank you received: 378
Yeah it doesn't really matter if we're ranked for the Nova game, as Nova will be ranked so that game will get plenty of national attention regardless. Similar to how last night's game got a ton of attention since we faced a top 10 team.

Really looking forward to Saturday. I expect around 17K people there. If Providence were better, it might be a sellout.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman

(PRE-GAME) Providence (MSG), Sat. Feb. 9, Noon, CBS SN, 570AM 1 week 3 days ago #320738

• bamafan
  • Thank you received: 897

Paultzman wrote: Luca is a very nice guy & spirited

Almost 10,000 miles, what did they do sneak in a trip to Cali? ;) :) :lol:

(PRE-GAME) Providence (MSG), Sat. Feb. 9, Noon, CBS SN, 570AM 1 week 3 days ago #320767

• MBaldi
  • Thank you received: 61
Going back to the Billy Donovan days, Providence has long been a frustrating team for the Johnnies. Even those years where we had more talent, it’s never been an easy match-up (which is why even this down-year Providence team still concerns me). Hopeful that this year, in continuation of what is shaping-up to be a special year, things will be different. Go Johnnies!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: fuchsia

(PRE-GAME) Providence (MSG), Sat. Feb. 9, Noon, CBS SN, 570AM 1 week 3 days ago #320776

• Paultzman
Have to take every remaining game seriously & with passion and preparation obviously.
“On any given night” adage applies. We are not that good to be cocky. Cooley at his best when his back is against wall & his kids never quit on him. Big game Johnnies!
The following user(s) said Thank You: JohnnyFan

(PRE-GAME) Providence (MSG), Sat. Feb. 9, Noon, CBS SN, 570AM 1 week 3 days ago #320780

• SJU61982
  • Thank you received: 546
Nate Watson and Alpha Diallo are the big worries, for me.

Watson, because he's a big, and Diallo because he's 6-7, but with a lot of the same skills that our guards possess (ie, length and athleticism).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, JohnnyFan

(PRE-GAME) Providence (MSG), Sat. Feb. 9, Noon, CBS SN, 570AM 1 week 3 days ago #320785

• Tommy O 54
  • Thank you received: 24
I have bad feeling about this 1, Cooley seems to have our number.
Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight

Follow redmen.com on Twitter

ATTENTION:Lurkers!

Login and See less ads - AUTOMATICALLY

Logged in members automatically have less advertisements appear when viewing redmen.com.

Please consider a recurring monthly contribution.
Help Support Redmen.com
Thank you, Paul