Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: (POST-GAME) @Marquette, Tues. Feb. 5, 8pm, FS1 / 570AM

(POST-GAME) @Marquette, Tues. Feb. 5, 8pm, FS1 / 570AM 3 months 2 weeks ago #320575

• Section9
  • Thank you received: 367

RyGuyRedStorm wrote: So many great plays tonight but for me the little things that figgy did were the highlight. Guy never takes a mental break. He’s always checked in and making plays.

Mustapha quiet tonight but made some plays when he needed and played in control.

Simon best game of the season, though if he fouled Hauser on last shot I would have lost it.

Clark was a no show tonight. He has to get his fouling under control it ruins his game with so much time on the bench.

Good minutes from Sedee tonight. He has gotten better every game, which is unheard of for a SJU big man.

Williams minutes were decent. Trimble could have gotten a little more burn tonight.

Shamorie is Shamorie. Gonna do some things that royally piss you off, but still put up 30 points. Huge clutch free throws and made some huge shots. Nice bounce back from Duke.

Ponds can royally piss me off for the rest of the season.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

(POST-GAME) @Marquette, Tues. Feb. 5, 8pm, FS1 / 570AM 3 months 2 weeks ago #320576

• guinness77
  • Thank you received: 259

NCJohnnie wrote: guiness77 wrote: n all honesty, I’m enjoying the hell out of this but if Trimble is out for any period of time and guys like Clark play the way they did and guys like Simon (besides the big clutch O-board) disappear down the stretch, any kind of a sustained post-season run will be tough to attain.

WTF, how you can possibly say anything negative about the game Simon played tonight?? Best game he has played this year, he didn't disappear down the stretch, he got us to the stretch and then Shamorie took over, not to mention he was shadowing Howard down the stretch. My God our fans are tough to please.

Please? Lol

He didn’t play good the last stretch of the game, I don’t know how that can be questioned. He might have been tired, but his defense wasn’t good on the perimeter and besides that offensive rebound, which was obviously huge, he took 2 bad shots and had a pass stolen. I’m not questioning the rest of his game. I think he probably was tired, which is understandable.

(POST-GAME) @Marquette, Tues. Feb. 5, 8pm, FS1 / 570AM 3 months 2 weeks ago #320577

• Ray Morgan
  • Thank you received: 750
First Big East win on poor 3 point shooting night. Have to be able to win when the shots don't fall. It's called effort, and Ponds not settling for threes down the stretch.

Last edit: by Ray Morgan.

(POST-GAME) @Marquette, Tues. Feb. 5, 8pm, FS1 / 570AM 3 months 2 weeks ago #320578

• Spocky Ramone
  • Thank you received: 273

guinness77 wrote:

Mean Gene wrote:

guinness77 wrote:

Mean Gene wrote: Great win!!!! 5 of 6 at home now. Let’s go in a nice run. I thought it was over when they took the lead. The refs tried to take it from us but our kids fought like hell! This team has their flaws but they never give up the fight! They deserve this, so happy for them!!

That’s funny, didn’t we lose?

I’m a defensive pessimist Guinness. That’s my personality, plan for the worst hope for the best. They really roughed it out tonight.

I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt. I just wish you’d wait until it’s actually over to declare the game over.

It’s just passion! Or insanity, but I repeat myself. Keep posting MG, you’re a volume shooter!
It’s a double knit world, baby
And your heart is my goal
I’ll pick the lock
With my pet rock
To get to your bell bottom soul

(POST-GAME) @Marquette, Tues. Feb. 5, 8pm, FS1 / 570AM 3 months 2 weeks ago #320580

• JohnnyFan
  • Thank you received: 1920
Wow........great game! Our guys gave everything for 40 minutes.

If we can bring that kind of defense and ball movement; and reduce our bad shots a little more, we will finally find consistency.

Let's pack MSG on Saturday!
The following user(s) said Thank You: jerseyshorejohnny, Eric

Last edit: by JohnnyFan.

(POST-GAME) @Marquette, Tues. Feb. 5, 8pm, FS1 / 570AM 3 months 2 weeks ago #320581

• Fred Solomon
  • Thank you received: 40
Huge win against all odds! Won four times tonight! Beat the refs, beat Marquette’s players, beat the crowd, and overcame a sloppy offensive second half.Very proud of this team. Need to play hard and smart in next 9 games and we can dance. Our first half was a masterpiece , lead should have been 25 if refs called game correctly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mike Zaun

(POST-GAME) @Marquette, Tues. Feb. 5, 8pm, FS1 / 570AM 3 months 2 weeks ago #320582

• Marillac
  • Thank you received: 1198
Big East Shooter of the Year: Markus Howard

Big East Player of the Year: Shamorie Ponds
The following user(s) said Thank You: SJU61982, Paultzman, jerseyshorejohnny, romiSJU, Andrew

(POST-GAME) @Marquette, Tues. Feb. 5, 8pm, FS1 / 570AM 3 months 2 weeks ago #320584

• guinness77
Lol, I never told him to stop posting here. He’s a much more prolific poster than I am.

(POST-GAME) @Marquette, Tues. Feb. 5, 8pm, FS1 / 570AM 3 months 2 weeks ago #320586

• bamafan
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1494

Marillac wrote: Holy crap!!! What a game and what a response. This game might have broke the KenPom algorithm!

Fourth Quad 1 win!

Bowling Green won again too.

Your two favorite teams!;) :)

(POST-GAME) @Marquette, Tues. Feb. 5, 8pm, FS1 / 570AM 3 months 2 weeks ago #320587

• guinness77
I still can’t figure out how with all the crap they called tonight they don’t call a foul on the Figueroa shot from the baseline. That was an obvious bump on the shot. Obvious.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, SJU85, Delaware, Ray Morgan, NCJohnnie, Mike Zaun

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight

Follow redmen.com on Twitter