Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: (POST-GAME) @Marquette, Tues. Feb. 5, 8pm, FS1 / 570AM

(POST-GAME) @Marquette, Tues. Feb. 5, 8pm, FS1 / 570AM 2 months 1 week ago #320547

• Eric
  • Thank you received: 201
Nice 2-1 road record vs these 3 teams. Creighton and Marquette such tough home courts. Nice job guys
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mean Gene, JohnnyFan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

(POST-GAME) @Marquette, Tues. Feb. 5, 8pm, FS1 / 570AM 2 months 1 week ago #320548

• Boo Harvey
  • Thank you received: 200
Great win. Anybody know how long Trimble will be out? We need him for depth.

(POST-GAME) @Marquette, Tues. Feb. 5, 8pm, FS1 / 570AM 2 months 1 week ago #320549

• ron
  • Thank you received: 321

Marillac wrote: Holy crap!!! What a game and what a response. This game might have broke the KenPom algorithm!

Fourth Quad 1 win!

Bowling Green won again too.

What do you have to say about Simon?
Ron
The following user(s) said Thank You: Section9

(POST-GAME) @Marquette, Tues. Feb. 5, 8pm, FS1 / 570AM 2 months 1 week ago #320550

• Mike Zaun
  • Thank you received: 956
Go easy on Gene guys, the refs really were taking this from us and in addition we were running out of gas. Didn't look like we'd pull it out but we somehow held on. These are the games we won in OOC but haven't in conference play. Can't lose a game like this up big most of the game. Huge to give us 2 signature wins and sets up homestand. We are all brothers dying for this team to win...no sense in coming down on anyone for doubting it when things aren't going well. Welcome back to .500!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mean Gene, Spocky Ramone

(POST-GAME) @Marquette, Tues. Feb. 5, 8pm, FS1 / 570AM 2 months 1 week ago #320552

• SJU61982
  • Thank you received: 764
Great Win! Ponds made the plays at the end, but there were many heroes tonight!

Even Clark, playing probably his worst game ever, grabbed the big rebound at the end. IMO, it was smart to miss the second one on purpose (which he clearly did). Not going to let a good offensive team like Marquette set something up. Even if he made the first, I would have done that.

Simon went the full 40 tonight, and may have played his best game in an SJU uniform. Way to respond to all the criticism he's gotten over the past week!

LJ just has a nose for the ball. He may not get every loose ball, but he's never outworked for one.

Williams and Keita did what was needed, off the bench.

Now, let's rock the house at MSG on Saturday!
The following user(s) said Thank You: espken, redmannorth, vandiemen8, Paultzman, mjmaherjr, SJU85, jerseyshorejohnny, JohnnyFan, Spocky Ramone, algold98 and 2 other people also said thanks.

Last edit: by SJU61982.

(POST-GAME) @Marquette, Tues. Feb. 5, 8pm, FS1 / 570AM 2 months 1 week ago #320553

• Ray Morgan
  • Thank you received: 747
Hardest I have seen our guys play all season. Played it like a championship was on the line. So glad they got rewarded for it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jerseyshorejohnny, IDRAFT, bamafan

(POST-GAME) @Marquette, Tues. Feb. 5, 8pm, FS1 / 570AM 2 months 1 week ago #320554

• fordham96
  • Thank you received: 1610

Paultzman wrote: Swept Creighton & M’Q with legitimate chance for two others. Beating ranked, hot team a tonic for dance invitation. Well done, now on to my cardiologist.

Cannot lose under any circumstance to Providence on Saturday. Need to follow this up with win on Saturday.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, TheSummit, bamafan

(POST-GAME) @Marquette, Tues. Feb. 5, 8pm, FS1 / 570AM 2 months 1 week ago #320557

• guinness77
  • Thank you received: 223
In all honesty, I’m enjoying the hell out of this but if Trimble is out for any period of time and guys like Clark play the way they did and guys like Simon (besides the big clutch O-board) disappear down the stretch, any kind of a sustained post-season run will be tough to attain.

(POST-GAME) @Marquette, Tues. Feb. 5, 8pm, FS1 / 570AM 2 months 1 week ago #320558

• Amaseinyourface
  • Thank you received: 651
Good for the team. Ponds owns Howard. Let’s get a streak going!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eric

(POST-GAME) @Marquette, Tues. Feb. 5, 8pm, FS1 / 570AM 2 months 1 week ago #320560

• Mean Gene
  • Thank you received: 504

guinness77 wrote:

Mean Gene wrote: Great win!!!! 5 of 6 at home now. Let’s go in a nice run. I thought it was over when they took the lead. The refs tried to take it from us but our kids fought like hell! This team has their flaws but they never give up the fight! They deserve this, so happy for them!!

That’s funny, didn’t we lose?

I’m a defensive pessimist Guinness. That’s my personality, plan for the worst hope for the best. They really roughed it out tonight.

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight

Follow redmen.com on Twitter