Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: (POST-GAME) @Villanova, Tues., Jan. 8, 7p, FS-1 / 970 AM

(POST-GAME) @Villanova, Tues., Jan. 8, 7p, FS-1 / 970 AM 6 days 21 hours ago #313750

• Andrew
  • Thank you received: 495
Very similar to the Seton Hall game. We came flying out of the gate. Had one get stretch in the second half and then fell apart. Paschall was hot in the first half and then Booth in the second.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

(POST-GAME) @Villanova, Tues., Jan. 8, 7p, FS-1 / 970 AM 6 days 21 hours ago #313751

• mattc
  • Thank you received: 201

alexander salem wrote: I reiterate, we will not be ranked for a long time after this one. After Depaul on saturday....@Butler, Creighton, Georgetown. Very possible we only go 2-2 if LJ can or can't go this saturday.

Our next 3 games after that.....
@Creighton
@Marquette
@Duke.

Anyone see us realistically winning these next 6 of our next 7? Especially if our road finishes are going to be the norm the rest of the season? This Nova win would have surely kept us in the rankings solidly and generating buzz for the program.

We Shall march on...

Frustrating loss for sure but think you're overreacting just a little.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moose

(POST-GAME) @Villanova, Tues., Jan. 8, 7p, FS-1 / 970 AM 6 days 21 hours ago #313752

• Knight
  • Knight's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 490

(POST-GAME) @Villanova, Tues., Jan. 8, 7p, FS-1 / 970 AM 6 days 21 hours ago #313753

• Jack Williams
  • Thank you received: 362

alexander salem wrote: I reiterate, we will not be ranked for a long time after this one. After Depaul on saturday....@Butler, Creighton, Georgetown. Very possible we only go 2-2 if LJ can or can't go this saturday.

@Creighton
@Marquette
@Duke.

Anyone see us realistically winning these next 6 of our next 7? Especially if our road finishes are going to be the norm the rest of the season? This Nova win would have surely kept us in the rankings solidly and generating buzz for the program.

We Shall march on...

It’s not about being ranked it’s making the tournament. We have to hold serve at home and get a couple more road wins. This loss isn’t the end of the world for us but it’s the way we lost that is pretty damn annoying
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr, Delaware, ron

(POST-GAME) @Villanova, Tues., Jan. 8, 7p, FS-1 / 970 AM 6 days 21 hours ago #313754

• redmaninalbany
  • Thank you received: 28
One fatal play..easy to overlook...but a reflection of the frustrating game this was...
About 12 seconds left, nova has ball, we are down by 3.
Nova misses everything on the lob/shot..ball goes out to sideline,
as they rebound it. Clock does not reset.
We race out to pick up rebounder and with one second left on 30 second clock, we foul.
It was natural to do given the play. . But ironically, if we didnt foul that second, we would have the ball with 9 seconds left.
It was just that weird kind of finish....
The following user(s) said Thank You: alexander salem

(POST-GAME) @Villanova, Tues., Jan. 8, 7p, FS-1 / 970 AM 6 days 21 hours ago #313755

• austour
  • Thank you received: 480

Marillac wrote: We need Simon to take more threes and play a bigger role handling the ball.

Most of us agree with your point. Your Coach of the Year, however, does not.

(POST-GAME) @Villanova, Tues., Jan. 8, 7p, FS-1 / 970 AM 6 days 21 hours ago #313756

• RyGuyRedStorm
  • Thank you received: 10

mattc wrote:

@Creighton
@Marquette
@Duke.

We Shall march on...

Frustrating loss for sure but think you're overreacting just a little.

Being ranked is nice but us learning from our losses is more important. We need Williams and Keita getting at least 8 minutes a game or we’re gonna continue this same cycle.

(POST-GAME) @Villanova, Tues., Jan. 8, 7p, FS-1 / 970 AM 6 days 21 hours ago #313757

• SJU2000alum15
  • Thank you received: 58
Look this loss sucks no way around that cause we were in position to win this game but didn’t get the job done. That said though we are through our toughest stretch of games in the league and went 2-2 and were a bad ref call away from 3-1. Now it’s time to take care of business at home and get back on track we will be fine, and we will beat Novas ass in the Garden!

(POST-GAME) @Villanova, Tues., Jan. 8, 7p, FS-1 / 970 AM 6 days 21 hours ago #313758

• Logen
  • Thank you received: 543

Tonyinfairfield wrote: Ponds played 39 minutes, Simon 38, Figgy 34, Clark 33 and Heron 24.

Keita played 5, Williams 0 and Trimble 27.

I’m ok with Williams not playing because Trimble played well but hard to understand with Keita. My big problem with this team is the turn it on and off tendency. Mistakes will be made, part of the game, but will we ever see a focused 40? We have a very experienced team yet seemingly you can expect unintelligent, uninspired play as soon as we get a lead. I know I am repeating myself but halfway through the season I wonder where is the real on the court leadership, the understanding of time and score, the recognition of the opportunity for a knockout. I agree we have more talent than Nova but I am not sure we have a better team.
The following user(s) said Thank You: isham, Paultzman, mjmaherjr, Class of 72

(POST-GAME) @Villanova, Tues., Jan. 8, 7p, FS-1 / 970 AM 6 days 21 hours ago #313759

• 41ndone
  • Thank you received: 64
On the bright side, we're undefeated in games not officiated by M, Stephens.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr, Moose, fuchsia

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight

ATTENTION:Lurkers!

Login and See less ads - AUTOMATICALLY

the redmen.com audience is over 99% LURKERS. People that read the site but don't login or participate.

Logged in members automatically have less advertisements appear when viewing redmen.com. It seems only fair if you are taking advantage of the site but not contributing, you're gonna see more ads to help keep the site going, right?

If you are an existing member but have not logged in for a while and don't remember your login information, use the links below. It is important that you keep your email address current for this to work and if you no longer have access to your old email address, (or to report other problems) please contact me directly via handy "Contact" icon on the bottom right of the site. You can private message me on the site if you are logged in, but still need help.

If you signup as a new user, you will initially be limited to posting in the Rookie Forum. This is a get-to-know-you measure and a way to weed out spam and other malicious and inappropriate content.

If you want to see less ads, SIGNUP and LOGIN TODAY.

If you have forgotten your username and/or password here are two links to address that (the links only work if you are not currently logged in):

forgot username:

forgot password:

Please consider a recurring monthly contribution.
Help Support Redmen.com
Thank you, Paul

Follow redmen.com on Twitter