Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: (POST-GAME) @Villanova, Tues., Jan. 8, 7p, FS-1 / 970 AM

(POST-GAME) @Villanova, Tues., Jan. 8, 7p, FS-1 / 970 AM 2 months 1 week ago #314226

• bamafan
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1043

Knight wrote: I hated CMs instruction to shoot and get back on defense. No wonder we get no offensive rebounds. What ever happened to follow your shot?

The new concept following along the lines of positionless basketball is reboundingless basketball.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by bamafan.

(POST-GAME) @Villanova, Tues., Jan. 8, 7p, FS-1 / 970 AM 2 months 1 week ago #314230

• gonzalo
  • Thank you received: 151

ron wrote: Does anyone know why Williams played zero minutes against Nova and for that matter why Roberts did not play in the second half?

I suppose that you want to say Keita.
Roberts has played 1 minute in the 4 Big East games.

(POST-GAME) @Villanova, Tues., Jan. 8, 7p, FS-1 / 970 AM 2 months 1 week ago #314231

• Sherman, Sheridan & Grant
  • Thank you received: 536

gonzalo wrote:

ron wrote: Does anyone know why Williams played zero minutes against Nova and for that matter why Roberts did not play in the second half?

I might have missed it but
Any word on Figueroa?

(POST-GAME) @Villanova, Tues., Jan. 8, 7p, FS-1 / 970 AM 2 months 1 week ago #314233

• ron
  • Thank you received: 220

gonzalo wrote:

I suppose that you want to say Keita.
Roberts has played 1 minute in the 4 Big East games.

Yes, Keita!
Ron

(POST-GAME) @Villanova, Tues., Jan. 8, 7p, FS-1 / 970 AM 2 months 1 week ago #314236

• Redman#13
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 51

bamafan wrote:

Knight wrote: I hated CMs instruction to shoot and get back on defense. No wonder we get no offensive rebounds. What ever happened to follow your shot?

The new concept following along the lines of positionless basketball is reboundingless basketball.

Lots of threes lead to long rebounds which is where fast breaks happen. They are Trying to stop the break, think they've done that successfully

(POST-GAME) @Villanova, Tues., Jan. 8, 7p, FS-1 / 970 AM 2 months 1 week ago #314240

• Monte
  • Thank you received: 885

I’m sure this has been said before, but I hate the fact that he’s mic’d up in some TO’s. Why not just walk over and tell the opposing coach that his team doesn’t need to worry about being challenged on the boards after we take a shot?

(POST-GAME) @Villanova, Tues., Jan. 8, 7p, FS-1 / 970 AM 2 months 1 week ago #314241

• SJU61982
  • Thank you received: 678

Monte wrote:

I’m sure this has been said before, but I hate the fact that he’s mic’d up in some TO’s. Why not just walk over and tell the opposing coach that his team doesn’t need to worry about being challenged on the boards after we take a shot?

I think FOX and/or the Big East forces it. They go to every coach in a timeout, at some point in the game.

Last edit: by SJU61982.

(POST-GAME) @Villanova, Tues., Jan. 8, 7p, FS-1 / 970 AM 2 months 1 week ago #314258

• Class of 72
  • Thank you received: 2595

bamafan wrote:

Being outrebounded by 12 or 10 every game means even if the other team scores on half of those rebounds we give up 10 points per game. Bad outside shots and no inside game strategy also costs us 4 points per game. That's why this team with a better staff would be undefeated instead of still learning. Greg St. Jean is the most overrated assistant coach in college basketball. John Kresse he is not. We all love Mullin but he can't do it alone like other coaches and begs the question "who is Chris Mullin learning from". You will never have a complete college team playing NBA basketball because even Kentucky with five 5 star players can't do that. You need to coach up college players and not just let them run up and down shooting long balls.
All characters and events depicted in this post are entirely fictitious. Any similarity to actual events or persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: isham, mjmaherjr, Moose, Delaware

(POST-GAME) @Villanova, Tues., Jan. 8, 7p, FS-1 / 970 AM 2 months 1 week ago #314259

• Beast of the East
  • Thank you received: 1959

Monte wrote:

Agree. It's kind of refreshing in an era of HD TV that pitchers cover their mouth with their gloves when they speak to catchers, lest the opposition employs lip readers to determine strategy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Monte

(POST-GAME) @Villanova, Tues., Jan. 8, 7p, FS-1 / 970 AM 2 months 6 days ago #314290

• OLV72
  • Thank you received: 320

Class of 72 wrote:

bamafan wrote:

Being outrebounded by 12 or 10 every game means even if the other team scores on half of those rebounds we give up 10 points per game. Bad outside shots and no inside game strategy also costs us 4 points per game. That's why this team with a better staff would be undefeated instead of still learning. Greg St. Jean is the most overrated assistant coach in college basketball. John Kresse he is not. We all love Mullin but he can't do it alone like other coaches and begs the question "who is Chris Mullin learning from". You will never have a complete college team playing NBA basketball because even Kentucky with five 5 star players can't do that. You need to coach up college players and not just let them run up and down shooting long balls.

Nice to see that you’ve recognized the great job done on the recruiting front.

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight

Follow redmen.com on Twitter