Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: (POST-GAME) @Villanova, Tues., Jan. 8, 7p, FS-1 / 970 AM

(POST-GAME) @Villanova, Tues., Jan. 8, 7p, FS-1 / 970 AM 5 days 4 hours ago #314171

  • MCNPA
  • MCNPA's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 3771
  • Thank you received: 563

Beast of the East wrote:

SLYFOXX1968 wrote:

SJU65 wrote: Did you hear Mullin in the huddle telling them not to hit the offensive glass and to get back on defense.

. Yes, I did and was disbelieving .. I mean it’s so obvious our guys won’t even challenge for a offensive rebound on the outside jumpers which produce a fair amount of put back opportunities . Didn’t make sense to me , why a Coach would tell his team to not hit the glass .


Avoid transition layups by Nova?


I believe Mullin indicated it at that time. No transition baskets. He’s certainly not pushing the offensive boards and wants evenryvosy back defending. It certainly has helped prevent runs for the most part. Gotta stick our shots though and most games we seem to be doing well this way. Could still be undefeated at this point nearly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beast of the East, Frank61

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

(POST-GAME) @Villanova, Tues., Jan. 8, 7p, FS-1 / 970 AM 5 days 2 hours ago #314184

  • ron
  • ron    's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 271
  • Thank you received: 104
Does anyone know why Williams played zero minutes against Nova and for that matter why Roberts did not play in the second half?
Ron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

(POST-GAME) @Villanova, Tues., Jan. 8, 7p, FS-1 / 970 AM 5 days 2 hours ago #314186

  • RJGBOOTSY
  • RJGBOOTSY's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 185
  • Thank you received: 113

ron wrote: Does anyone know why Williams played zero minutes against Nova and for that matter why Roberts did not play in the second half?


According to coach the answer was game situations did not warrant it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by RJGBOOTSY.

(POST-GAME) @Villanova, Tues., Jan. 8, 7p, FS-1 / 970 AM 5 days 2 hours ago #314190

  • ron
  • ron    's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 271
  • Thank you received: 104

RJGBOOTSY wrote:

ron wrote: Does anyone know why Williams played zero minutes against Nova and for that matter why Roberts did not play in the second half?


According to coach the answer was game situations did not warrant it.


Interesting, if in fact the starters were tired seems like their playing would be warranted.
Ron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

(POST-GAME) @Villanova, Tues., Jan. 8, 7p, FS-1 / 970 AM 5 days 2 hours ago #314191

  • RedStormNC
  • RedStormNC's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 1614
  • Thank you received: 586
One of coaches goals is to be best conditioned team in D1.

Didnt work out too well this week

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by RedStormNC.

(POST-GAME) @Villanova, Tues., Jan. 8, 7p, FS-1 / 970 AM 5 days 2 hours ago #314192

  • Enright
  • Enright's Avatar
  • Away
  • Posts: 818
  • Thank you received: 182
Mullin's post game comments almost always amount to no information. This is his prerogative but one would love to know specifically why Williams did not play vs Vill. His minutes have been increasing , his contribution seems fine and yet Mullin takes the chance SJU will have little energy in the last five minutes and suffer a tough loss which is not the first time this has happened.
What was it about Vill that made Mullin feel he should keep Williams on the bench? Anything of a disciplinary action or just a bad matchup?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

(POST-GAME) @Villanova, Tues., Jan. 8, 7p, FS-1 / 970 AM 4 days 22 hours ago #314218

  • JackofVirginia
  • JackofVirginia's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 2637
  • Thank you received: 232

Beast of the East wrote:

SLYFOXX1968 wrote:

SJU65 wrote: Did you hear Mullin in the huddle telling them not to hit the offensive glass and to get back on defense.

. Yes, I did and was disbelieving .. I mean it’s so obvious our guys won’t even challenge for a offensive rebound on the outside jumpers which produce a fair amount of put back opportunities . Didn’t make sense to me , why a Coach would tell his team to not hit the glass .


Avoid transition layups by Nova?




Yes but you don't need all five back.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tonyinfairfield , Moose

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

(POST-GAME) @Villanova, Tues., Jan. 8, 7p, FS-1 / 970 AM 4 days 21 hours ago #314222

  • Class of 72
  • Class of 72's Avatar
  • Away
  • Posts: 7261
  • Thank you received: 2277

Beast of the East wrote:

SLYFOXX1968 wrote:

SJU65 wrote: Did you hear Mullin in the huddle telling them not to hit the offensive glass and to get back on defense.

. Yes, I did and was disbelieving .. I mean it’s so obvious our guys won’t even challenge for a offensive rebound on the outside jumpers which produce a fair amount of put back opportunities . Didn’t make sense to me , why a Coach would tell his team to not hit the glass .


Avoid transition layups by Nova?


Transition layups?
Doesn't that approach presume your 5 out players are going to miss that 3 point shot and assume the other team will grab the defensive rebound because your team doesn't look for an offensive rebound unless you drive to the basket?
Then again we miss so many bunnies that I wouldn't be surprised if our offensive rebounds are the result of those missed drives or lucky long bounces that only Shamorie seems anticipate.
There I go rambling again. On to DePaul and playing 8 guys. The Wonder Five experiment failed against Nova.
All characters and events depicted in this post are entirely fictitious. Any similarity to actual events or persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moose

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

(POST-GAME) @Villanova, Tues., Jan. 8, 7p, FS-1 / 970 AM 4 days 21 hours ago #314223

  • Delaware
  • Delaware's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 638
  • Thank you received: 83

Enright wrote: Mullin's post game comments almost always amount to no information. This is his prerogative but one would love to know specifically why Williams did not play vs Vill. His minutes have been increasing , his contribution seems fine and yet Mullin takes the chance SJU will have little energy in the last five minutes and suffer a tough loss which is not the first time this has happened.
What was it about Vill that made Mullin feel he should keep Williams on the bench? Anything of a disciplinary action or just a bad matchup?


Would love to have seen Williams get a shot at Booth. He certainly could have been no worse than anyone else.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

(POST-GAME) @Villanova, Tues., Jan. 8, 7p, FS-1 / 970 AM 4 days 21 hours ago #314225

  • Knight
  • Knight's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Posts: 4166
  • Thank you received: 490
I hated CMs instruction to shoot and get back on defense. No wonder we get no offensive rebounds. What ever happened to follow your shot?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight

ATTENTION:Lurkers!

Login and See less ads - AUTOMATICALLY

the redmen.com audience is over 99% LURKERS. People that read the site but don't login or participate.

Logged in members automatically have less advertisements appear when viewing redmen.com. It seems only fair if you are taking advantage of the site but not contributing, you're gonna see more ads to help keep the site going, right?

If you are an existing member but have not logged in for a while and don't remember your login information, use the links below. It is important that you keep your email address current for this to work and if you no longer have access to your old email address, (or to report other problems) please contact me directly via handy "Contact" icon on the bottom right of the site. You can private message me on the site if you are logged in, but still need help.

If you signup as a new user, you will initially be limited to posting in the Rookie Forum. This is a get-to-know-you measure and a way to weed out spam and other malicious and inappropriate content.

If you want to see less ads, SIGNUP and LOGIN TODAY.


If you have forgotten your username and/or password here are two links to address that (the links only work if you are not currently logged in):

forgot username:

forgot password:


Please consider a recurring monthly contribution.
Help Support Redmen.com
Thank you, Paul

Follow redmen.com on Twitter