Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: (POST-GAME) @Villanova, Tues., Jan. 8, 7p, FS-1 / 970 AM

(POST-GAME) @Villanova, Tues., Jan. 8, 7p, FS-1 / 970 AM 6 days 21 hours ago #313739

• Sju grad 13
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 315
This actually may have been a game in which Dixon could’ve made a difference.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fuchsia, alexander salem

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

(POST-GAME) @Villanova, Tues., Jan. 8, 7p, FS-1 / 970 AM 6 days 21 hours ago #313740

• Conman18
  • Thank you received: 4
Negatives:
1 - we lost
2 - we went too deep into the shot clock down the stretch and rushed our offense
3 - Simon needs to not shoot anything outside 6 feet
4 - poor personnel msnsgement
5 - we lost

Positives:
-1 - we finished likely our toughest stretch in the BE 2-2 (3-1*)
-2 - trimble had a GREAT game
-3 - we covered the spread

We will bounce back. The way we lost is worse tgrn the loss, but this is not a negative. Jay Wright Pure class at after game interview saying SJU is the "beast of the east".
The following user(s) said Thank You: guinness77, Sherman, Sheridan & Grant

(POST-GAME) @Villanova, Tues., Jan. 8, 7p, FS-1 / 970 AM 6 days 21 hours ago #313741

• Eric Williamson
  • Thank you received: 54
You have to think that Williams was either sick, hurt, or broke some team rules. No logical explanation as to why he didn't get any playing time...

(POST-GAME) @Villanova, Tues., Jan. 8, 7p, FS-1 / 970 AM 6 days 21 hours ago #313742

• Boo Harvey
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 146
Perhaps our presumptive coach of the year should have considered playing the bench a few minutes tonight to prevent our starters from running out of gas.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ilzion, alexander salem

(POST-GAME) @Villanova, Tues., Jan. 8, 7p, FS-1 / 970 AM 6 days 21 hours ago #313744

• guinness77
  • Thank you received: 84
I’m not gonna touch what happened in this game. I didn’t get to see a long stretch of the 2nd half. But to have a lead the entire game and lose out at the end is certainly discouraging. I love how fast and quick we are but sometimes (at least in the stretches of game I got to see) our own worst enemy playing the same type of up-tempo game.

Saying that, we got a split out of these first 4 games. We probably should have lost at Georgetown and we got robbed in Jersey. We are 14-2, 2-2...lots of season left and this can only be a learning experience.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jackfro, Sherman, Sheridan & Grant

(POST-GAME) @Villanova, Tues., Jan. 8, 7p, FS-1 / 970 AM 6 days 21 hours ago #313745

• Ilzion
  • Thank you received: 1
Coaching, need to go 1 man deeper off bench.

(POST-GAME) @Villanova, Tues., Jan. 8, 7p, FS-1 / 970 AM 6 days 21 hours ago #313746

• fordham96
  • Thank you received: 827

ron s m wrote: Their offensive rebounds really hurt us.

No inside threat hurts in two respects. 1) get killed on the glass late and 2) no one to go to and get easy inside shot. Everything is perimeter late. And they missed almost everything late. Same as SHU.

(POST-GAME) @Villanova, Tues., Jan. 8, 7p, FS-1 / 970 AM 6 days 21 hours ago #313747

• ron
  • Thank you received: 104

Eric Williamson wrote: You have to think that Williams was either sick, hurt, or broke some team rules. No logical explanation as to why he didn't get any playing time...

Yes, I sure would like to know why he did not get in the game. Especially since we seemed to be gassed at the end.
Ron

(POST-GAME) @Villanova, Tues., Jan. 8, 7p, FS-1 / 970 AM 6 days 21 hours ago #313748

• alexander salem
  • Thank you received: 93
I reiterate, we will not be ranked for a long time after this one. After Depaul on saturday....@Butler, Creighton, Georgetown. Very possible we only go 2-2 if LJ can or can't go this saturday.

Our next 3 games after that.....
@Creighton
@Marquette
@Duke.

Anyone see us realistically winning these next 6 of our next 7? Especially if our road finishes are going to be the norm the rest of the season? This Nova win would have surely kept us in the rankings solidly and generating buzz for the program.

We Shall march on...

(POST-GAME) @Villanova, Tues., Jan. 8, 7p, FS-1 / 970 AM 6 days 21 hours ago #313749

• Room112
  • Thank you received: 542
Discouraging to lose this one, but we played them even and Boothe hitting huge shots swung the game. Also Wright is an amazing coach. Kept throwing different looks at us defensively and it definitely stifled us. Nice credit where due.
The following user(s) said Thank You: espken, Beast of the East, Moose, RJGBOOTSY

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight

ATTENTION:Lurkers!

Login and See less ads - AUTOMATICALLY

the redmen.com audience is over 99% LURKERS. People that read the site but don't login or participate.

Logged in members automatically have less advertisements appear when viewing redmen.com. It seems only fair if you are taking advantage of the site but not contributing, you're gonna see more ads to help keep the site going, right?

If you are an existing member but have not logged in for a while and don't remember your login information, use the links below. It is important that you keep your email address current for this to work and if you no longer have access to your old email address, (or to report other problems) please contact me directly via handy "Contact" icon on the bottom right of the site. You can private message me on the site if you are logged in, but still need help.

If you signup as a new user, you will initially be limited to posting in the Rookie Forum. This is a get-to-know-you measure and a way to weed out spam and other malicious and inappropriate content.

If you want to see less ads, SIGNUP and LOGIN TODAY.

If you have forgotten your username and/or password here are two links to address that (the links only work if you are not currently logged in):

forgot username:

forgot password:

Please consider a recurring monthly contribution.
Help Support Redmen.com
Thank you, Paul

Follow redmen.com on Twitter