Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: (POST-GAME) @Villanova, Tues., Jan. 8, 7p, FS-1 / 970 AM

(POST-GAME) @Villanova, Tues., Jan. 8, 7p, FS-1 / 970 AM 5 months 6 days ago #314040

• Section3
  • Thank you received: 355

Knight wrote: Anyone who watched the game and could not see our guys were tired leaves me perplexed. I don't care how many minutes Villanova guys played, all things are not equal. If you can't see how tired our players were at the end of the game I have to question any analysis of the game made by you.

Absolutely tired resulting in too much dribbling at top of key late into shot clock.

Williams and Keita should have played more. Nova has a number of players that can be guarded relatively easily. Should not have been any trepidation to play the bench.

Think donny Marshall had it right. Nova about 4th best in league. Wright elevates them. He purposely rotated guys in hoping we would wear down. This should have easily been an 8 point win.

Rematch in MSG will go our way.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JackofVirginia, Knight

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

(POST-GAME) @Villanova, Tues., Jan. 8, 7p, FS-1 / 970 AM 5 months 6 days ago #314041

• SJU65
  • Thank you received: 11
Did you hear Mullin in the huddle telling them not to hit the offensive glass and to get back on defense.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Redman#13, Knight, ron

(POST-GAME) @Villanova, Tues., Jan. 8, 7p, FS-1 / 970 AM 5 months 6 days ago #314047

• jerseyshorejohnny
  • Thank you received: 956
Replay on MSG Plus right now

(POST-GAME) @Villanova, Tues., Jan. 8, 7p, FS-1 / 970 AM 5 months 6 days ago #314048

• Ray Morgan
  • Thank you received: 750
I DVR every game, then turn on the TV 30 minutes in. Hit "start from the beginning", and fast forward the timeouts. I usually make it almost to halftime before catching up. Winning games I watch again the next morning. Still won't look at the end of the Seton Hall game. Once was enough

(POST-GAME) @Villanova, Tues., Jan. 8, 7p, FS-1 / 970 AM 5 months 6 days ago #314049

• Class of 72
  • Thank you received: 2972

SJU65 wrote: Did you hear Mullin in the huddle telling them not to hit the offensive glass and to get back on defense.

Is this a real question?
All characters and events depicted in this post are entirely fictitious. Any similarity to actual events or persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. 

(POST-GAME) @Villanova, Tues., Jan. 8, 7p, FS-1 / 970 AM 5 months 6 days ago #314050

• oldschool Redmen
  • Thank you received: 550

SJU65 wrote: Did you hear Mullin in the huddle telling them not to hit the offensive glass and to get back on defense.

Two things that really bother me from last nights game:
Why no bench other then Trimble, they played vs. G-town, then the genius decides to just use Trimble last night.
2. You tell your team not to go for the offensive board, so if they miss, it's one and done. I'm sure DePaul scouts were watching, and told their coach that if we miss then not to worry about getting the rebound because we won't even go for it.

(POST-GAME) @Villanova, Tues., Jan. 8, 7p, FS-1 / 970 AM 5 months 5 days ago #314111

• we are sju
  • Thank you received: 762
We ran out of gas at the end. Basically played 6 guys. Didn't get a fair whistle. Their two best players outplayed our two best players. We lost a close game on road to a good team with championship experience.
That was basically the whole story.
Only lingering concern for me would be Heron when things going bad can't seem to right himself, presses and seems to makes things worse.

(POST-GAME) @Villanova, Tues., Jan. 8, 7p, FS-1 / 970 AM 5 months 5 days ago #314166

• SLYFOXX1968
  • Thank you received: 419

. Yes, I did and was disbelieving .. I mean it’s so obvious our guys won’t even challenge for a offensive rebound on the outside jumpers which produce a fair amount of put back opportunities . Didn’t make sense to me , why a Coach would tell his team to not hit the glass .

(POST-GAME) @Villanova, Tues., Jan. 8, 7p, FS-1 / 970 AM 5 months 5 days ago #314168

• Beast of the East
  • Thank you received: 2571

SLYFOXX1968 wrote:

. Yes, I did and was disbelieving .. I mean it’s so obvious our guys won’t even challenge for a offensive rebound on the outside jumpers which produce a fair amount of put back opportunities . Didn’t make sense to me , why a Coach would tell his team to not hit the glass .

Avoid transition layups by Nova?
The following user(s) said Thank You: RJGBOOTSY

(POST-GAME) @Villanova, Tues., Jan. 8, 7p, FS-1 / 970 AM 5 months 5 days ago #314169

• Amaseinyourface
  • Thank you received: 781

SLYFOXX1968 wrote:

It might not make sense to you or I, but it definitely doesn’t make sense to marillac. With that said, agree or not, mullin gave his reasoning for it right there in the huddle which was to get back early on D.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RJGBOOTSY

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight

Follow redmen.com on Twitter