Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: (POST-GAME) @Villanova, Tues., Jan. 8, 7p, FS-1 / 970 AM

(POST-GAME) @Villanova, Tues., Jan. 8, 7p, FS-1 / 970 AM 2 months 1 week ago #313931

• Windy City Johnny Fan
  • Thank you received: 531
My take FWIW: when you control a game like that for 35+ minutes, you have to win it. We have more talent than that team, and yet we let their two stars beat us. They made more plays than us when it mattered and won. There are no silver linings here. There is no more time for players or coaches to learn from losses. The time is now. With our schedule, each of these games are critical to our chances to Dance. In my head, we are underdogs in every single conference road game at this point, and when opportunities present themselves to come out with wins, whether its Nova or DePaul, we can't afford to swing and miss like we did last night.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noonan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

(POST-GAME) @Villanova, Tues., Jan. 8, 7p, FS-1 / 970 AM 2 months 1 week ago #313932

• Chris7
  • Thank you received: 110

Windy City Johnny Fan wrote: My take FWIW: when you control a game like that for 35+ minutes, you have to win it. We have more talent than that team, and yet we let their two stars beat us. They made more plays than us when it mattered and won. There are no silver linings here. There is no more time for players or coaches to learn from losses. The time is now. With our schedule, each of these games are critical to our chances to Dance. In my head, we are underdogs in every single conference road game at this point, and when opportunities present themselves to come out with wins, whether its Nova or DePaul, we can't afford to swing and miss like we did last night.

The time has come where this was a winnable game, more than just winnable, we had it. Why the staff decided to change the winning game-plan is beyond me. This was an UNACCEPTABLE loss. Yes, we got screwed by the refs in the SHU game, however, we yet again couldn't close.

This loss is on the staff. Take those rose colored glasses off, this was a bad loss.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Windy City Johnny Fan

(POST-GAME) @Villanova, Tues., Jan. 8, 7p, FS-1 / 970 AM 2 months 1 week ago #313950

• Ray Morgan
  • Thank you received: 653

Windy City Johnny Fan wrote: My take FWIW: when you control a game like that for 35+ minutes, you have to win it. We have more talent than that team, and yet we let their two stars beat us. They made more plays than us when it mattered and won. There are no silver linings here. There is no more time for players or coaches to learn from losses. The time is now. With our schedule, each of these games are critical to our chances to Dance. In my head, we are underdogs in every single conference road game at this point, and when opportunities present themselves to come out with wins, whether its Nova or DePaul, we can't afford to swing and miss like we did last night.

Year in year out, games like this take place in every arena around the country. Villanova starts 2 players with a combined 3 championships. They have one of the best coaches in the college game. They make big plays when it counts, and truly believe they will win close games because that is the program's culture. While certainly a winnable game for us, the Seton Hall game, and several others have taught us that no lead is sate. We seemed gassed sometimes from building up big leads. On the road, we have failed to execute down the stretch, which must happen to win close games. Villanova and the Hall scored at will down the stretch. They looked to have twice the energy our guys did. Our team is not talented but far from perfect, so we have to almost sweep and home, and steal some road victories.

(POST-GAME) @Villanova, Tues., Jan. 8, 7p, FS-1 / 970 AM 2 months 1 week ago #313951

• Marillac
  • Thank you received: 948

Chris7 wrote:

The time has come where this was a winnable game, more than just winnable, we had it. Why the staff decided to change the winning game-plan is beyond me. This was an UNACCEPTABLE loss. Yes, we got screwed by the refs in the SHU game, however, we yet again couldn't close.

This loss is on the staff. Take those rose colored glasses off, this was a bad loss.

Lololol

Stop. We are all disappointed, but this is ridiculous. We made Nova completely one-dimensional. Wright didn't coach his way to a win...Boothe and co. won it with incredibly difficult shots. Those shots don't tend to fall on the road.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sherman, Sheridan & Grant

(POST-GAME) @Villanova, Tues., Jan. 8, 7p, FS-1 / 970 AM 2 months 1 week ago #313963

• Chris7
  • Thank you received: 110

Marillac wrote:

Chris7 wrote:

Lololol

Stop. We are all disappointed, but this is ridiculous. We made Nova completely one-dimensional. Wright didn't coach his way to a win...Boothe and co. won it with incredibly difficult shots. Those shots don't tend to fall on the road.

So you have no issue with the staff allowing one guy to take 28 total FG's, while the next closest guy took 9 total FG's? There was a ball movement problem last night. There is also a problem closing games.

Sorry if I offend you calling out any one on the staff. I'm not saying they should be fired, but they should take some blame for this loss last night. On to the next one.

(POST-GAME) @Villanova, Tues., Jan. 8, 7p, FS-1 / 970 AM 2 months 1 week ago #313967

• Marillac

Chris7 wrote:

Marillac wrote:

Chris7 wrote:

Lololol

So you have no issue with the staff allowing one guy to take 28 total FG's, while the next closest guy took 9 total FG's? There was a ball movement problem last night. There is also a problem closing games.

Sorry if I offend you calling out any one on the staff. I'm not saying they should be fired, but they should take some blame for this loss last night. On to the next one.

Nobody took more than 17 fgs for St. John's. Had Ponds taken 28 fgs we probably win. We had 17 assists...moved the ball better than them...and had more diversification on offense. They shot slightly better and got s few friendly whistles.

www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/boxscore?gameId=401083346

(POST-GAME) @Villanova, Tues., Jan. 8, 7p, FS-1 / 970 AM 2 months 1 week ago #313968

• ron
  • Thank you received: 220

Marillac wrote:

Chris7 wrote:

Marillac wrote:

Chris7 wrote:

Lololol

Nobody took more than 17 fgs for St. John's. Had Ponds taken 28 fgs we probably win. We had 17 assists...moved the ball better than them...and had more diversification on offense. They shot slightly better and got s few friendly whistles.

www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/boxscore?gameId=401083346

And as usual we were badly out-rebounded.
Ron

(POST-GAME) @Villanova, Tues., Jan. 8, 7p, FS-1 / 970 AM 2 months 1 week ago #313971

• ELNAPLES70
  • Thank you received: 9
Even before anyone was winded, there was a very obvious lack of going toward the offensive boards. It was okay while the shots were dropping, but when they weren't, especially late in the game, everyone was on the perimeter. Not true for Nova. There were also a couple of very questionable calls by the ref, which quickened our downfall, but that is to be expected in away games. Definitely a winnable game.

(POST-GAME) @Villanova, Tues., Jan. 8, 7p, FS-1 / 970 AM 2 months 1 week ago #313980

• Adam
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 554
Both Ls have been pretty painful, because we obviously should've won both (or at least one of them). Then again, we easily could've lost to Georgetown, Bowling Green, Georgia Tech, Cal, and VCU.

If the team is looking tired, I don't want to see 6 players in the second half again.

Just move on to DePaul and the rest of the season. I'm done thinking about it. Still a very solid BE start, all things considered.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Room112, Sherman, Sheridan & Grant

Last edit: by Adam.

(POST-GAME) @Villanova, Tues., Jan. 8, 7p, FS-1 / 970 AM 2 months 1 week ago #313984

• Marillac
There will be some lessons this teams has to learn to go from awful to very good or even great. We all knew this. What makes these lossses tough to accept is we were the better team and we controlled most of the games.

Winning on the road is a skill. Finishing opponents when you are up big is a skill.

Learn from these games and improve.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Room112, Tonyinfairfield , SJU1512, Chicago Days

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight

Follow redmen.com on Twitter