Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Dixon Landing Spot

Dixon Landing Spot 6 days 4 hours ago #313982

• Marillac
  • Thank you received: 435

bamafan wrote: Wonder if Mullie had a part in this as I'm sure he is familiar with their coach Dan Majerle from their NBA days.

I think it makes it more likely that this was mutual and in the cards for some time. GCU is a great fit for Dixon.

Classes began 1/7 for GCU...earlier than most schools. Dixon played as far as he could this season.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JohnnyFan, NCJohnnie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Dixon Landing Spot 6 days 4 hours ago #313983

• Beast of the East
  • Thank you received: 1535

simplyred wrote:

RedStormNC wrote:

bamafan wrote: Wonder if Mullie had a part in this as I'm sure he is familiar with their coach Dan Majerle from their NBA days.

I thought the same thing.

When we played GCU (either last year or the year before—-I’m getting old and too lazy to look it up) there were stories about Mullin and Majerle being friends. It I should likely Mullin put in a good word for GCU.

It's funny, but there was a story that Looie told a local kid named Billie Donovan that he wasn't good enough to play at St. John's but put in a call to Joe Mullaney at Providence for him. It turned out to change Donovan's life by meeting Rick Pitino, but still Donovan bad mouthed Looie for years despite the kind act.

Dixon Landing Spot 5 days 8 hours ago #314119

• sjc88
  • Thank you received: 321

Beast of the East wrote:

simplyred wrote:

RedStormNC wrote:

When we played GCU (either last year or the year before—-I’m getting old and too lazy to look it up) there were stories about Mullin and Majerle being friends. It I should likely Mullin put in a good word for GCU.

It's funny, but there was a story that Looie told a local kid named Billie Donovan that he wasn't good enough to play at St. John's but put in a call to Joe Mullaney at Providence for him. It turned out to change Donovan's life by meeting Rick Pitino, but still Donovan bad mouthed Looie for years despite the kind act.

I was at the Big East Tourney in 1987 when Delray Brooks and Billy Donovan shot the lights out and blasted us out of the Big East Tournament. Very disappointing defeat. Louie was wrong. Donovan was an excellent college player.

Dixon Landing Spot 5 days 8 hours ago #314121

• Beast of the East
  • Thank you received: 1535

sjc88 wrote:

Beast of the East wrote:

simplyred wrote:

RedStormNC wrote:

I was at the Big East Tourney in 1987 when Delray Brooks and Billy Donovan shot the lights out and blasted us out of the Big East Tournament. Very disappointing defeat. Louie was wrong. Donovan was an excellent college player.

You may remember though that Pitino arrived after Donovan's junior season. He immediately told Donovan, you are fat and slow and if you want to play you'd better lose weight and get in better shape. Donovan as a college senior was a lot different than before. Looie did tell him he was a college player, just not good enough to play for St. John's

• Page:
Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight

ATTENTION:Lurkers!

Login and See less ads - AUTOMATICALLY

the redmen.com audience is over 99% LURKERS. People that read the site but don't login or participate.

Logged in members automatically have less advertisements appear when viewing redmen.com. It seems only fair if you are taking advantage of the site but not contributing, you're gonna see more ads to help keep the site going, right?

If you are an existing member but have not logged in for a while and don't remember your login information, use the links below. It is important that you keep your email address current for this to work and if you no longer have access to your old email address, (or to report other problems) please contact me directly via handy "Contact" icon on the bottom right of the site. You can private message me on the site if you are logged in, but still need help.

If you signup as a new user, you will initially be limited to posting in the Rookie Forum. This is a get-to-know-you measure and a way to weed out spam and other malicious and inappropriate content.

If you want to see less ads, SIGNUP and LOGIN TODAY.

If you have forgotten your username and/or password here are two links to address that (the links only work if you are not currently logged in):

forgot username:

forgot password:

Please consider a recurring monthly contribution.
Help Support Redmen.com
Thank you, Paul

Follow redmen.com on Twitter