Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Realistic Expectation for First Four Games

Realistic Expectation for First Four Games 5 months 4 days ago #314305

• Beast of the East
  • Thank you received: 2571
Unlike many of our fans, I think the season so far has been a blast! 12-0 OOC, 3 nail biters in conference, plus we crushed a ranked team at home vs Marquette.

So far, this season has been lots of fun, and I expect some fantastic competitive ball the rest of the way. First time in a long time I can't wait for each game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PharmaJohnny

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Realistic Expectation for First Four Games 5 months 4 days ago #314329

• SLYFOXX1968
  • Thank you received: 419

Beast of the East wrote: Unlike many of our fans, I think the season so far has been a blast! 12-0 OOC, 3 nail biters in conference, plus we crushed a ranked team at home vs Marquette.

So far, this season has been lots of fun, and I expect some fantastic competitive ball the rest of the way. First time in a long time I can't wait for each game.

. 100 percent agree... But, still I think many of us Cringe when we watch a team repeatedly lose when having a lead late in the game .3 of our Games have been that way and easily could have lost the GTown game the same way . We lost several of our games last season the same way , even during the 0-11 streak . When losing leads become chronic late in the game , as they have , its natural to kind of look around and say , Why ? I also think many fans have experienced such disappointment in our Program for so long , that 2-2 is looked upon as major progress . Maybe it is , or is it ? Arguably , we could , maybe should be 4-0 and the talk of the College BB World . Instead , we look more like a mid Tier BE team . I have no idea what the answer is and since it’s continued , I don’t think the Coaches or players know what the problem is and that is a concern .. When players are hoisting up long 3’s in close games, that often come close to the shot clock expiration , to me that looks like a team that lost its focus . The other thing is , are we satisfied with merely finishing mid pack , hope for NCAA bid or , actually trying to win the regular season Crown ? And , the BE Tournament ? Right now , I don’t think we know ..
The following user(s) said Thank You: ron

Realistic Expectation for First Four Games 5 months 3 days ago #314359

• PharmaJohnny
  • Thank you received: 33
I'm with @Beast on this - This season has been a blast so far. I'm excited for every game. Of course I'm disappointed when we lose, but thrilled to see the growth on every level. We are clearly more athletic, generally play much smarter, generally play better defense, and generally pass, catch passes and definitely shoot better than any Johnnies team in recent and perhaps long term memory. We have a legit shot at the tourney and it's not even unreasonable to think that with a couple of good bounces, a couple of calls going our way (c'mon - we're overdue!!) and continued growth in all aspects, that this team may even get a pretty decent seed and will be one that we talk about on here for a loooong time.

These next 4 will tell us a lot - and I'm optimistic that the story will be a good one! See y'all at CA tonight!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Monte, Beast of the East, IDRAFT

Last edit: by PharmaJohnny. Reason: Typo...ugh.
Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight

Follow redmen.com on Twitter