• Chicago Days
  • Thank you received: 3126

Logen wrote:

Chicago Days wrote:

Logen wrote:

Chicago Days wrote:

L J S A wrote:

Logen wrote: Maybe Rutherford didn’t want to be “locked down.”

I don't think a team desperate for a PG waits for him, so if he wants to be here, he'd better commit before they move on to next option. This is for course assuming the staff still wants him after his visit.

That's the thing.
It looked like a perfect match between a team in desperate need of a seasoned PG and an experienced mid-major PG with less-than-stellar stats in search of the ideal stage to cap his career: starting PG for a storied high-major program in NYC.
Why didn't it happen?
Either one or the other or both said 'still looking' and/or other roster configurations are in play.
We shall see.

The key phrase being “looked like”. As I said, I don’t think we are desperate and your description of Rutherford’s “search” criteria is 100% conjecture from your perspective as a fan. Maybe his wants for his last year are something completely different. As for his stats, we don’t know what his role was, what the coaches expectations of him were. Maybe he performed to that role perfectly. Maybe he had the discipline to not look for his own because that’s what the coaches asked him to do. For whatever reason, he is not publicly committed and so be it. I personally don’t really care why unless there is an extraordinary reason that reveals a “systemic” flaw in our staff.

Funny. If my 'scenario' is "100% conjecture", so is yours man. Lol.
But, I'm not arguing. Your 'conjecture' may be correct. Who knows?
But, to be clear, I trust this Staff implicitly.
We haven't had a Staff like this in ages, if ever.

Of course my possibilities would be considered conjecture if I meant them as anything but examples. That is why I don’t play that game because I could give you a million other “conjectures” which would be just as pointless. The reality is the only people who know what happened and why is Rutherford and Anderson and their respective “teams.”

Me thinks, you're splitting atoms.
But whatever.
Let's go Johnnies.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 Transfers 1 year 1 month ago #351699

• Logen
  • Thank you received: 1855

Chicago Days wrote:

Logen wrote:

Chicago Days wrote:

Logen wrote:

Chicago Days wrote:

L J S A wrote:

I don't think a team desperate for a PG waits for him, so if he wants to be here, he'd better commit before they move on to next option. This is for course assuming the staff still wants him after his visit.

That's the thing.
It looked like a perfect match between a team in desperate need of a seasoned PG and an experienced mid-major PG with less-than-stellar stats in search of the ideal stage to cap his career: starting PG for a storied high-major program in NYC.
Why didn't it happen?
Either one or the other or both said 'still looking' and/or other roster configurations are in play.
We shall see.

The key phrase being “looked like”. As I said, I don’t think we are desperate and your description of Rutherford’s “search” criteria is 100% conjecture from your perspective as a fan. Maybe his wants for his last year are something completely different. As for his stats, we don’t know what his role was, what the coaches expectations of him were. Maybe he performed to that role perfectly. Maybe he had the discipline to not look for his own because that’s what the coaches asked him to do. For whatever reason, he is not publicly committed and so be it. I personally don’t really care why unless there is an extraordinary reason that reveals a “systemic” flaw in our staff.

Of course my possibilities would be considered conjecture if I meant them as anything but examples. That is why I don’t play that game because I could give you a million other “conjectures” which would be just as pointless. The reality is the only people who know what happened and why is Rutherford and Anderson and their respective “teams.”

But whatever.
Let's go Johnnies.

Me thinks, I am wasting my time. Sorry to have wasted yours.

2019 Transfers 1 year 1 month ago #351700

• Chicago Days

Logen wrote:

Chicago Days wrote:

Logen wrote:

Chicago Days wrote:

Logen wrote:

Chicago Days wrote:

L J S A wrote:

That's the thing.
Why didn't it happen?
We shall see.

But whatever.
Let's go Johnnies.

Me thinks, I am wasting my time. Sorry to have wasted yours.

That makes 2 of us.
G’bye.

2019 Transfers 1 year 1 month ago #351708

• Paultzman
  • Thank you received: 19555
As articles have noted, Johnson has academic work to complete, thus no offer. Also some players identified as “grad transfers” are sometimes on cusp of such & can’t be offered until they too complete course work. Just something to keep in mind.
The following user(s) said Thank You: L J S A, JohnnyFan, Chicago Days, NCJohnnie, Making Plays

Last edit: by Paultzman.

2019 Transfers 1 year 1 month ago #351730

• panther2
  • Thank you received: 2625
Rather than take a point guard for the sake of having 2, I would give Greg Williams a chance. The players currently available are not world beaters. With Coach Anderson's fast paced style of play, I believe that Greg can do an adequate job.
The following user(s) said Thank You: otis, Andrew, JohnnyFan, Chicago Days, Tommy O 54

2019 Transfers 1 year 1 month ago #351731

• Fred Solomon
  • Thank you received: 59
I agree with Panther 2 to give Greg Williams a chance as the second PG and hold out for better talent. Shamorie was not a classic pg .
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chicago Days

2019 Transfers 1 year 1 month ago #351732

• MarkRedman
  • Thank you received: 2142
Eugene Omoruyi, formerly at Rutgers, has transferred to Oregon

2019 Transfers 1 year 1 month ago #351735

• Chicago Days

panther2 wrote: Rather than take a point guard for the sake of having 2, I would give Greg Williams a chance. The players currently available are not world beaters. With Coach Anderson's fast paced style of play, I believe that Greg can do an adequate job.

This is not 'conspiracy' theory, honest, but it just might be why the Staff 'seems' to be both pursuing Glover and Johnson, short of being able to snare a 'game changer' like Van Zyl.
Messrs McGriff, Williams as the lead guards, facilitated by Heron, Figueroa, Wright, Glover, Caraher, Champagnie, et al, might be sufficient to run CMA's fast-paced offense.
The following user(s) said Thank You: panther2

2019 Transfers 1 year 1 month ago #351736

• MJDinkins
  • Thank you received: 2792

Fred Solomon wrote: I agree with Panther 2 to give Greg Williams a chance as the second PG and hold out for better talent. Shamorie was not a classic pg .

Ponds was crafty as heck, and a solid distributor. I agree by not grabbing another PG for the sake of, but Greg Williams ain't the one when it comes to allowing him to run the point. I'm wondering what a few of y'all saw, as I must've missed it.

I think it's mostly blind faith on this one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman

2019 Transfers 1 year 1 month ago #351737

• Amaseinyourface
  • Thank you received: 1258

MJDinkins wrote:

Fred Solomon wrote: I agree with Panther 2 to give Greg Williams a chance as the second PG and hold out for better talent. Shamorie was not a classic pg .

Ponds was crafty as heck, and a solid distributor. I agree by not grabbing another PG for the sake of, but Greg Williams ain't the one when it comes to allowing him to run the point. I'm wondering what a few of y'all saw, as I must've missed it.

I think it's mostly blind faith on this one.

Never thought enough credit was given to Ponds the passer. Overall his vision and instincts were up there, but in particular his ability to get the ball to the man in the corner was uncanny. If he wasn’t the greatest scorer we’ve had since mullin he’d probably be the best passer as well.

Williams as point guard I’m in between on. Don’t want him to be the primary #2 pg this season but do think as his career goes he can be a bit of a lead guard. For now I actually think LJ would be the better choice.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Massell, Paultzman, mjmaherjr, Andrew, Chicago Days

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight