• Logen
  • Thank you received: 1596

Paul Massell wrote:

Making Plays wrote: 1. Rutherford / McGriff
2. Heron / Williams
3. LJ / Wright / Champagnie
4. Sears / Caraher / Earlington
5. Steere / Johnson / Roberts

If this ends up being the case it will be interesting to see the "buy in" from some of these players. Steere didn't come to St. John's to play the 5. Of all the guys he is the one I am most interested to see how they fit. I can definitely see Roberts thriving but despite his improvements over the last season he still seems raw to think of as anchoring most of our season.

“But without a doubt I will be a big presence in the paint and on the boards.” Quote from a rumble in the garden article when Steere committed. The accompanying mixtape is predominantly blocks on defense, dunks with some short jumpers and drives on offense. A couple of foul line area jumpers but no 3’s.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Logen.

2019 Transfers 6 months 4 days ago #351630

• Rob
  • Thank you received: 164
Matt A didn't bring in many guys for year 1. Yawke for part of the year. Mouvika. Durand was Slice. I've read here and the other board that Sima was Mullin. Mussini was recruited by the prior staff and if you want to give Matt credit for him so be it. Lovett didn't play. Jones and Amar were from the prior staff. Owens was a sit out.

2019 Transfers 6 months 3 days ago #351654

• Making Plays
  • Thank you received: 469
Any word on how Rutherford's visit went?

2019 Transfers 6 months 3 days ago #351668

• Paultzman
  • Thank you received: 15423
Goodman
BREAKING: Kansas has filled its biggest need and landed a big-time shooter in Isaiah Moss

Iowa grad transfer

2019 Transfers 6 months 3 days ago #351672

• Paultzman
Key guy obviously is Rutherford with SJU PG void presently. Then if Glover and Johnson are interested & staff is in accord, take the one with less academic or other complications. Then try to kill it with 2020 kids immediately.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SJUNC, Moose, capmaker

2019 Transfers 6 months 3 days ago #351677

• MCNPA
  • Thank you received: 1798

Paultzman wrote: Key guy obviously is Rutherford with SJU PG void presently. Then if Glover and Johnson are interested & staff is in accord, take the one with less academic or other complications. Then try to kill it with 2020 kids immediately.

Agree. I think I’d prefer the Rutherford/Glover combo personally, as Glover seems like he fits well into Mike Anderson’s offensive/defensive style with the athleticism to defend but also get out and run and hit shots. That’s the type of freshman I don’t mind. We shall see...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman

2019 Transfers 6 months 3 days ago #351679

• Paultzman

MCNPA wrote:

Paultzman wrote: Key guy obviously is Rutherford with SJU PG void presently. Then if Glover and Johnson are interested & staff is in accord, take the one with less academic or other complications. Then try to kill it with 2020 kids immediately.

Agree. I think I’d prefer the Rutherford/Glover combo personally, as Glover seems like he fits well into Mike Anderson’s offensive/defensive style with the athleticism to defend but also get out and run and hit shots. That’s the type of freshman I don’t mind. We shall see...

Yeah, and all things being equal, taking potential four year guy v Juco with two left may be prudent.

2019 Transfers 6 months 3 days ago #351680

• Chicago Days
  • Thank you received: 2673
I agree that we need to fill the PG spot, but if Rutherford is ‘that ’ guy why wasn’t he locked down on his official visit?
Or has he been and we haven’t heard yet?
Otherwise, I’m thinking the Staff has other plans / options it’s considering.
Either landing Van Zyl in heavy traffic or roster mixes / assignments it’s deliberating on?
Because, to me, we also need a rebound eater and Johnson looks perfect for that role if he qualifies.
Im just noodling but strange developments do seem to be flying about.

2019 Transfers 6 months 3 days ago #351681

• Logen
  • Thank you received: 1596

Chicago Days wrote: I agree that we need to fill the PG spot, but if Rutherford is ‘that ’ guy why wasn’t he locked down on his official visit?
Or has he been and we haven’t heard yet?
Otherwise, I’m thinking the Staff has other plans / options it’s considering.
Either landing Van Zyl in heavy traffic or roster mixes / assignments it’s deliberating on?
Because, to me, we also need a rebound eater and Johnson looks perfect for that role if he qualifies.
Im just noodling but strange developments do seem to be flying about.

Maybe Rutherford didn’t want to be “locked down.”
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman

2019 Transfers 6 months 3 days ago #351682

• L J S A
  • Thank you received: 2489

Logen wrote: Maybe Rutherford didn’t want to be “locked down.”

I don't think a team desperate for a PG waits for him, so if he wants to be here, he'd better commit before they move on to next option. This is for course assuming the staff still wants him after his visit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chicago Days

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight