Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Defensive effort

Defensive effort 9 months 2 weeks ago #306916

• Moose
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 2748

Ray Morgan wrote: I sat right behind the Texas Tech bench at the AA Arena. During every time out, a Tech A.C. held up a big placard that said "Close Out On the Shooters". Maybe we need someone with nice penmanship to put together a big poster with those words. Mike Zaun will hold it up during timeouts.

So we should bring back Little Jarvis you're saying? :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beast of the East

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Defensive effort 9 months 2 weeks ago #306919

• Marillac
  • Thank you received: 1198

Moose wrote:

Ray Morgan wrote: I sat right behind the Texas Tech bench at the AA Arena. During every time out, a Tech A.C. held up a big placard that said "Close Out On the Shooters". Maybe we need someone with nice penmanship to put together a big poster with those words. Mike Zaun will hold it up during timeouts.

Speaking of Jarvis, I just re-watched the four-part 'The Season" with SJU in 2001-2002 season on Youtube. It was very interesting to see after all these years. One of the things that I liked was Jarvis telling the team "from now on nobody will shoot a three except Marcus, Donald, and Kyle. Does anyone else have a problem with that and think they should be allowed to shoot? " Eric King raised his hand and said he thinks he should be on the list and Jarvis responded "I don't think so. I actually want to win games, so no you can't shoot threes." Paraphrasing of course. Jarvis rode King like nothing I've ever seen. "Sorry I want you to be great, Eric."

If you look close you can see many posters who were students then.

Defensive effort 9 months 2 weeks ago #306920

• Beast of the East
  • Thank you received: 2689

Marillac wrote:

Moose wrote:

Speaking of Jarvis, I just re-watched the four-part 'The Season" with SJU in 2001-2002 season on Youtube. It was very interesting to see after all these years. One of the things that I liked was Jarvis telling the team "from now on nobody will shoot a three except Marcus, Donald, and Kyle. Does anyone else have a problem with that and think they should be allowed to shoot? " Eric King raised his hand and said he thinks he should be on the list and Jarvis responded "I don't think so. I actually want to win games, so no you can't shoot threes." Paraphrasing of course. Jarvis rode King like nothing I've ever seen. "Sorry I want you to be great, Eric."

If you look close you can see many posters who were students then.

I was sitting very close to the bench at MSG when during one game Eric King took a 12 foot jumper from the right baseline, and it was obviously not the shot the play was designed for. Jarvis immediately yanked him, and then for what seemed like 5 minutes, got uncomfortably in King's face, repeatedly asking him "Why'd you shoot", as if he was trying to get King to explode at him. It was uncomfortable watching it, and likely just one of many reasons King transferred at the end of that season.

Defensive effort 9 months 2 weeks ago #306933

• gonzalo
  • Thank you received: 195

Moose wrote: He's from NY?

redstormsports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3363

Born in Kingston, N.Y.

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight