Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: WWW redmen

WWW redmen 1 week 4 days ago #306194

• Paul Massell
  • Paul Massell's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1000
site housekeeping note:

We will also be streamlining the site to use only "redmen.com" without the second level prefix "www." I notice that quite a few of you still use the (completely unnecessary and superfluous) www prefix. There are a few reasons to do away with this which I won't go into but I will mention one, and that is saving your login / staying logged in. To a web browser " www.redmen.com " is essentially a different website than "redmen.com" So the way different web browsers store your login may vary and be problematic if you login to www.redmen.com and "save login" but when you then go to a link or just directly type in "redmen.com" some browsers will not use that saved login data from the www (same would happen in reverse). Next step is that you blame me and maybe send some hate-mail that your login isn't being saved or just silently curse me and suffer needlessly in silence for many years...

So in short, this will help with that and some other things. The reason for the heads up is that if you are using www and don't know your password by memory (some don't know their username either) but just have it saved in your browser, you're going to have problems. If your account email address hasn't been updated to whatever email you currently use, then retrieving your password won't work either. So while I'm doing some site housekeeping, you can also do some account maintenance on your own account.

Priority 1 is making sure that your email address is current and active.
This way if there is a problem you can easily retrieve/reset your password to something new. If you are using AOL, Hotmail or Yahoo for email, make sure to whitelist the redmen.com domain so that you are sure to get any email from redmen.com. Gmail is generally less problematic than most freemail services but you can do the same for gmail or any other email you use. You can also check your spam / junk folder and make sure no redmen.com email is going there. If it is, mark it as "Not Spam" and whitelist.

This link (you have to be currently logged in) should work to update your email address to current:

redmen.com/profile-edit/edit.html

Don't forget to hit the "Update" button at the bottom when you are done.
“Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”
The following user(s) said Thank You: OhioFan, Tommy O 54

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

WWW redmen 1 week 3 days ago #306267

• Class of 72
  • Thank you received: 2111
Paul, my email on file is correct but I hit the update button and got" "The requested page can't be found.
An error has occurred while processing your request."
All characters and events depicted in this post are entirely fictitious. Any similarity to actual events or persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. 

WWW redmen 1 week 3 days ago #306289

• L J S A
  • Thank you received: 1288

Class of 72 wrote: Paul, my email on file is correct but I hit the update button and got" "The requested page can't be found.

It was all a ploy to finally get rid of you.:lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Massell

WWW redmen 1 week 3 days ago #306301

• Paul Massell

Class of 72 wrote: Paul, my email on file is correct but I hit the update button and got" "The requested page can't be found.

It's working but there is a coding error on the page that loads after you hit the update button. You (anyone) go ahead and use that link to update your profile. You can ignore the error that comes up after.

I tried debugging it but haven't figured it out yet. I will debug/fix it when I get a chance. But your profile will be updated when you hit the update button...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Class of 72

WWW redmen 1 week 3 days ago #306313

• Paul Massell
OK This is fixed.

• Page:
Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorth

ATTENTION:Lurkers!

Login and See less ads - AUTOMATICALLY

the redmen.com audience is over 99% LURKERS. People that read the site but don't login or participate.

Logged in members automatically have less advertisements appear when viewing redmen.com. It seems only fair if you are taking advantage of the site but not contributing, you're gonna see more ads to help keep the site going, right?

If you are an existing member but have not logged in for a while and don't remember your login information, use the links below. It is important that you keep your email address current for this to work and if you no longer have access to your old email address, (or to report other problems) please contact me directly via handy "Contact" icon on the bottom right of the site. You can private message me on the site if you are logged in, but still need help.

If you signup as a new user, you will initially be limited to posting in the Rookie Forum. This is a get-to-know-you measure and a way to weed out spam and other malicious and inappropriate content.

If you want to see less ads, SIGNUP and LOGIN TODAY.

If you have forgotten your username and/or password here are two links to address that (the links only work if you are not currently logged in):

forgot username:

forgot password:

Please consider a recurring monthly contribution.
Help Support Redmen.com
Thank you, Paul