Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: When Keita Returns

When Keita Returns 2 weeks 3 days ago #305209

• ron s m
  • Thank you received: 75
In very limited minutes Keita has shown a tendency to pick up quick fouls. I don't think we can count on him playing substantial minutes whether he starts or comes off the bench.
Ron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

When Keita Returns 2 weeks 3 days ago #305211

• Manhattan1
  • Thank you received: 93
Agree. Keita off bench to protect him with fouls

When Keita Returns 2 weeks 3 days ago #305215

• firestorm
  • Thank you received: 70
From what I've seen, Fig needs to be in the starting five and on the floor as much as possible. With Keita coming of a knee injury, re-introducing him with limited minutes off the bench might be the best way to get him healthy/ready for February and March.

When Keita Returns 2 weeks 3 days ago #305217

• Marillac
  • Thank you received: 180
Until proven otherwise Keita is a 15 mpg player. I don't expect much from him and I don't think he gives us much other than making sure opposing bigs don't get too comfortable against our smaller lineup. If I'm wrong about this we are a sweet 16 team.

Unless he rebounds and defends like he's Rambo I think Clark gives us more overall when you consider spacing, his offense, and his ability to start secondary transition.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redken

When Keita Returns 2 weeks 3 days ago #305218

• Paultzman
  • Thank you received: 7009
Minutes trump who starts. Would not worry about starting five too much.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kranmars, Room112, IDRAFT, Ralph Joseph Giordano

Last edit: by Paultzman.

When Keita Returns 2 weeks 3 days ago #305220

• JackofVirginia
  • Thank you received: 186

NCJohnnie wrote: I'd bring Keita off the bench. Could also see Clark if they want to keep him out of early foul trouble. Would definitely start Ponds, Heron, Figgy and Simon.

It all depends on the size of the opposition whether Keita starts or not. Just look at the amount of fouls Clark picks up early.

When Keita Returns 2 weeks 3 days ago #305223

• Mean Gene
  • Thank you received: 221

Beast of the East wrote: I like LJ off the bench more than Clark. LJ is a player who can quickly change a game when he enters, but lighting it up, or with even one spectacular play.

There is a long history of using one of your best offensive weapons off the bench, and as a 6th man can do much more damage than Clark.

Agreed Beast, it the way Dixon has been shooting and the way his game is developing, he can be that guy. If Dixon can fill that role, I would rather start Figgy and have a bench of Keita, Dixon and Trimble.

When Keita Returns 2 weeks 3 days ago #305225

• Mike Zaun
  • Thank you received: 503
Being a Mets fan and after experiencing the LoVett fiasco, IMO we shouldn't expect him back at all. If he does come back this season, it's a bonus. This is his knee...these things linger frequently. I'll be happy if he comes back at all but thrilled if it's in time for conference play. Never take injury reports seriously and always assume the opposite when they seem to be minimized. May seem radical to some, but that's how I've been conditioned.

When Keita Returns 2 weeks 3 days ago #305227

• Beast of the East
  • Thank you received: 1313

Mean Gene wrote:

Beast of the East wrote: I like LJ off the bench more than Clark. LJ is a player who can quickly change a game when he enters, but lighting it up, or with even one spectacular play.

There is a long history of using one of your best offensive weapons off the bench, and as a 6th man can do much more damage than Clark.

Agreed Beast, it the way Dixon has been shooting and the way his game is developing, he can be that guy. If Dixon can fill that role, I would rather start Figgy and have a bench of Keita, Dixon and Trimble.

Thanks. Basketball is an awful lot about rhythms. Dick Vitale would repeatedly say that teams get 2 runs per game, and the team that does the best with its runs usually wins. When we are sluggish, bringing in a figueroa can change the tempo of a game. Think Havlicek, or Cazzie Russell. The main reason Bradley started over Cazzie was that Russell brought more off the bench than Bradley would have.

Wins are wins, but I would enjoy teams thinking after we beat them that the guy we had on the bench torched them for 20 points. With Clark off the bench we'd be happy with half that.

When Keita Returns 2 weeks 3 days ago #305229

• we are sju
  • Thank you received: 468

Mike Zaun wrote: Being a Mets fan and after experiencing the LoVett fiasco, IMO we shouldn't expect him back at all. If he does come back this season, it's a bonus. This is his knee...these things linger frequently. I'll be happy if he comes back at all but thrilled if it's in time for conference play. Never take injury reports seriously and always assume the opposite when they seem to be minimized. May seem radical to some, but that's how I've been conditioned.

See for once I agree with you. And being a Met fan myself they have beaten me down where my doom and gloom concerning the Mets is even greater than yours is for ST John's.
So with that in mind, I suggest the Mets trade Syndergaard for Keita. They are going to trade Noah for crap anyway, at least this way maybe it will help ST Johns. Noah is 6-6 after all. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mike Zaun

Last edit: by we are sju.
Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorth

ATTENTION:Lurkers!

Login and See less ads - AUTOMATICALLY

the redmen.com audience is over 99% LURKERS. People that read the site but don't login or participate.

Logged in members automatically have less advertisements appear when viewing redmen.com. It seems only fair if you are taking advantage of the site but not contributing, you're gonna see more ads to help keep the site going, right?

If you are an existing member but have not logged in for a while and don't remember your login information, use the links below. It is important that you keep your email address current for this to work and if you no longer have access to your old email address, (or to report other problems) please contact me directly via handy "Contact" icon on the bottom right of the site. You can private message me on the site if you are logged in, but still need help.

If you signup as a new user, you will initially be limited to posting in the Rookie Forum. This is a get-to-know-you measure and a way to weed out spam and other malicious and inappropriate content.

If you want to see less ads, SIGNUP and LOGIN TODAY.

If you have forgotten your username and/or password here are two links to address that (the links only work if you are not currently logged in):

forgot username:

forgot password:

Please consider a recurring monthly contribution.
Help Support Redmen.com
Thank you, Paul