Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: When Keita Returns

When Keita Returns 2 weeks 3 days ago #305194

• Anthony Mattia
  • Anthony Mattia's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 72
Does he start? Who goes to the bench? I think he does start, and I would move Simon to the bench. I love Simon, but I can't see putting Figgy or Heron on the bench. Certainly not Ponds, and I would like to see Clark not having to play the 5 from the get go or coming off the bench to do it. Thoughts?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

When Keita Returns 2 weeks 3 days ago #305196

• we are sju
  • Thank you received: 468

Anthony Mattia wrote: Does he start? Who goes to the bench? I think he does start, and I would move Simon to the bench. I love Simon, but I can't see putting Figgy or Heron on the bench. Certainly not Ponds, and I would like to see Clark not having to play the 5 from the get go or coming off the bench to do it. Thoughts?

Keita
LJ
Simon
Heron
Ponds

Clark can totally embrace John Starks role since he already has his conscience from three.

When Keita Returns 2 weeks 3 days ago #305197

• Section9
  • Thank you received: 246
Last time LJ was on the bench when Keita started. I don't think that's going to happen again. I think Chris sticks with the current lineup and brings Keita off the bench. Along with Dixon and Trimble he'll have an 8 man rotation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dan V

When Keita Returns 2 weeks 3 days ago #305198

• Beast of the East
  • Thank you received: 1313
I like LJ off the bench more than Clark. LJ is a player who can quickly change a game when he enters, but lighting it up, or with even one spectacular play.

There is a long history of using one of your best offensive weapons off the bench, and as a 6th man can do much more damage than Clark.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redken

When Keita Returns 2 weeks 3 days ago #305200

• hopeful
  • Thank you received: 0
Foggy hasn't been getting in foul trouble even with substantial minutes.

When Keita Returns 2 weeks 3 days ago #305202

• Jack Williams
  • Thank you received: 166
Fig needs to start. He plays harder and with more energy than anybody on the court. Need him in there to set the tone at beginning of games, especially when playing better competition
The following user(s) said Thank You: JackofVirginia, COMET, panther2, Andrew

When Keita Returns 2 weeks 3 days ago #305203

• Ralph Joseph Giordano
  • Thank you received: 36
I do not think it really matters who starts between Clark and Kieta. The issue will be who finishes the game and that is dictated by time, score and situation at the 4 minute mark.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beast of the East

When Keita Returns 2 weeks 3 days ago #305204

• NCJohnnie
  • Thank you received: 1738
I'd bring Keita off the bench. Could also see Clark if they want to keep him out of early foul trouble. Would definitely start Ponds, Heron, Figgy and Simon.

When Keita Returns 2 weeks 3 days ago #305205

• Paul Massell
  • Thank you received: 1001

Jack Williams wrote: Fig needs to start. He plays harder and with more energy than anybody on the court. Need him in there to set the tone at beginning of games, especially when playing better competition

You and Beast make good points but I'm leaning towards Start as well. This team needs to be an aggressor not a counter-puncher. We've had too many games where we get behind early on a slow start. It is then a grind it out affair rather than putting in the dagger and if we continue with the short bench we need to minimize the grind it out games. This team will do better setting tempo rather than following what is dictated. Even MDES put us in our place for stretches by slowing things down and going on runs against us. This from a team trying to run down the clock on every possession. Hit them hard, play fast and get the chemistry going with the guys who really thrive full court.
“Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

When Keita Returns 2 weeks 3 days ago #305206

• Storm Tracker
  • Thank you received: 51
Keita off the bench for sure. Keep the best 5 on the floor to start the game. He'll still get a ton of PT
The following user(s) said Thank You: Knight

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorth

ATTENTION:Lurkers!

Login and See less ads - AUTOMATICALLY

the redmen.com audience is over 99% LURKERS. People that read the site but don't login or participate.

Logged in members automatically have less advertisements appear when viewing redmen.com. It seems only fair if you are taking advantage of the site but not contributing, you're gonna see more ads to help keep the site going, right?

If you are an existing member but have not logged in for a while and don't remember your login information, use the links below. It is important that you keep your email address current for this to work and if you no longer have access to your old email address, (or to report other problems) please contact me directly via handy "Contact" icon on the bottom right of the site. You can private message me on the site if you are logged in, but still need help.

If you signup as a new user, you will initially be limited to posting in the Rookie Forum. This is a get-to-know-you measure and a way to weed out spam and other malicious and inappropriate content.

If you want to see less ads, SIGNUP and LOGIN TODAY.

If you have forgotten your username and/or password here are two links to address that (the links only work if you are not currently logged in):

forgot username:

forgot password:

Please consider a recurring monthly contribution.
Help Support Redmen.com
Thank you, Paul