Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Around College Basketball (non-Big East) 2018/19

Around College Basketball (non-Big East) 2018/19 5 months 2 weeks ago #306780

  • SJU85
  • SJU85's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Posts: 2633
  • Thank you received: 449

NCJohnnie wrote: SJU85 wrote: I got home late from my Company's Holiday party and caught the second half of the game. Washington was done by 10 and fought back before the Zags built up the again with Washington fighting back to tie it with 9 seconds to go only to have the Zags hit the buzzer beater.

Washington got hosed on some very bad officiating. A lot of phantom calls on their big men.

Oh and Bill Walton has moved up my chart of the worst game announcers. He has to be tough to work with when he goes off on this tangents which has nothing to do with the game. It wouldn't be so bad I guess if he only did it doing stoppage in play, but he doesn't limit it to just that.

LOL, I actually get a kick out of Walton so long as he not doing a game I have a rooting interest in!


Man is he all over the map. When he is "lucid" he makes some valid points and good commentary, but last night during the middle of a run, he kept talking about some damn hat.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Around College Basketball (non-Big East) 2018/19 5 months 2 weeks ago #306783

  • RJGBOOTSY
  • RJGBOOTSY's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 303
  • Thank you received: 185

SJU85 wrote:

NCJohnnie wrote: SJU85 wrote: I got home late from my Company's Holiday party and caught the second half of the game. Washington was done by 10 and fought back before the Zags built up the again with Washington fighting back to tie it with 9 seconds to go only to have the Zags hit the buzzer beater.

Washington got hosed on some very bad officiating. A lot of phantom calls on their big men.

Oh and Bill Walton has moved up my chart of the worst game announcers. He has to be tough to work with when he goes off on this tangents which has nothing to do with the game. It wouldn't be so bad I guess if he only did it doing stoppage in play, but he doesn't limit it to just that.

LOL, I actually get a kick out of Walton so long as he not doing a game I have a rooting interest in!


Man is he all over the map. When he is "lucid" he makes some valid points and good commentary, but last night during the middle of a run, he kept talking about some damn hat.


He is a terrible announcer. he should be removed from the airwaves his commentary totally distracts from the game. Great player.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SJU85

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Around College Basketball (non-Big East) 2018/19 5 months 2 weeks ago #306873

  • RedStormNC
  • RedStormNC's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 1893
  • Thank you received: 989
Dan Hurley Q & A (upbringing, Jersey, UConn recruiting, conference affiliation etc)

amp.app.com/amp/2219041002?__twitter_impression=true

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Around College Basketball (non-Big East) 2018/19 5 months 2 weeks ago #307174

  • fordham96
  • fordham96's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 1863
  • Thank you received: 1723
Something tells me after Rutgers lost to Fordham today that NET 1 win by SJU over Rutgers isn't going to last very long....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Around College Basketball (non-Big East) 2018/19 5 months 2 weeks ago #307245

  • NCJohnnie
  • NCJohnnie's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 2860
  • Thank you received: 3135
Besides us, three other undefeated teams in action today:

VCU at Virginia 1:30 pm
Tennesee at Gonzaga 3 pm
Nevada at Grand Canyon 5:30 pm

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Around College Basketball (non-Big East) 2018/19 5 months 2 weeks ago #307251

  • SJU61982
  • SJU61982's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 3833
  • Thank you received: 781

NCJohnnie wrote: Besides us, three other undefeated teams in action today:

VCU at Virginia 1:30 pm
Tennesee at Gonzaga 3 pm
Nevada at Grand Canyon 5:30 pm


The Tennessee-Gonzaga game is in Phoenix, AZ. It is not a Gonzaga home game. Actually, I think it's a doubleheader with Nevada-Grand Canyon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Around College Basketball (non-Big East) 2018/19 5 months 2 weeks ago #307252

  • NCJohnnie
  • NCJohnnie's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 2860
  • Thank you received: 3135
SJU61982 wrote: NCJohnnie wrote: Besides us, three other undefeated teams in action today:

VCU at Virginia 1:30 pm
Tennesee at Gonzaga 3 pm
Nevada at Grand Canyon 5:30 pm

The Tennessee-Gonzaga game is in Phoenix, AZ. It is not a Gonzaga home game. Actually, I think it's a doubleheader with Nevada-Grand Canyon.

Thanks for that correction. I was looking at the games on ESPN too quickly and assuming the team listed second was the home team. Tennessee Gonzaga game should be a good one; intending to flip to it after the SJU game.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Around College Basketball (non-Big East) 2018/19 5 months 2 weeks ago #307321

  • Las Vegan
  • Las Vegan's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 575
  • Thank you received: 188
Both Gonzaga and Nevada are legit elite eight / final four candidates. Would love to see them play each other.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Around College Basketball (non-Big East) 2018/19 5 months 2 weeks ago #307370

  • espken
  • espken's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 351
  • Thank you received: 410
Tennessee and Gonzaga going down to the wire, Zags up 1 under 2 minutes to go

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Around College Basketball (non-Big East) 2018/19 5 months 2 weeks ago #307374

  • SJU61982
  • SJU61982's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 3833
  • Thank you received: 781

espken wrote: Tennessee and Gonzaga going down to the wire, Zags up 1 under 2 minutes to go


76-73 Vols with 7.6 seconds to go. 1 and 1 coming up for UT.

Rocky Top on the verge of taking down the Zags.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight

Follow redmen.com on Twitter