Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Around College Basketball (non-Big East) 2018/19

Around College Basketball (non-Big East) 2018/19 1 week 1 day ago #306780

• SJU85
  • SJU85's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 278

NCJohnnie wrote: SJU85 wrote: I got home late from my Company's Holiday party and caught the second half of the game. Washington was done by 10 and fought back before the Zags built up the again with Washington fighting back to tie it with 9 seconds to go only to have the Zags hit the buzzer beater.

Washington got hosed on some very bad officiating. A lot of phantom calls on their big men.

Oh and Bill Walton has moved up my chart of the worst game announcers. He has to be tough to work with when he goes off on this tangents which has nothing to do with the game. It wouldn't be so bad I guess if he only did it doing stoppage in play, but he doesn't limit it to just that.

LOL, I actually get a kick out of Walton so long as he not doing a game I have a rooting interest in!

Man is he all over the map. When he is "lucid" he makes some valid points and good commentary, but last night during the middle of a run, he kept talking about some damn hat.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Around College Basketball (non-Big East) 2018/19 1 week 1 day ago #306783

• Ralph Joseph Giordano
  • Thank you received: 32

SJU85 wrote:

NCJohnnie wrote: SJU85 wrote: I got home late from my Company's Holiday party and caught the second half of the game. Washington was done by 10 and fought back before the Zags built up the again with Washington fighting back to tie it with 9 seconds to go only to have the Zags hit the buzzer beater.

Washington got hosed on some very bad officiating. A lot of phantom calls on their big men.

Oh and Bill Walton has moved up my chart of the worst game announcers. He has to be tough to work with when he goes off on this tangents which has nothing to do with the game. It wouldn't be so bad I guess if he only did it doing stoppage in play, but he doesn't limit it to just that.

LOL, I actually get a kick out of Walton so long as he not doing a game I have a rooting interest in!

Man is he all over the map. When he is "lucid" he makes some valid points and good commentary, but last night during the middle of a run, he kept talking about some damn hat.

He is a terrible announcer. he should be removed from the airwaves his commentary totally distracts from the game. Great player.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SJU85

Around College Basketball (non-Big East) 2018/19 1 week 20 hours ago #306873

• RedStormNC
  • Thank you received: 520
Dan Hurley Q & A (upbringing, Jersey, UConn recruiting, conference affiliation etc)

amp.app.com/amp/2219041002?__twitter_impression=true

Around College Basketball (non-Big East) 2018/19 6 days 7 hours ago #307174

• fordham96
  • Thank you received: 787
Something tells me after Rutgers lost to Fordham today that NET 1 win by SJU over Rutgers isn't going to last very long....

Around College Basketball (non-Big East) 2018/19 5 days 17 hours ago #307245

• NCJohnnie
  • Thank you received: 1736
Besides us, three other undefeated teams in action today:

VCU at Virginia 1:30 pm
Tennesee at Gonzaga 3 pm
Nevada at Grand Canyon 5:30 pm

Around College Basketball (non-Big East) 2018/19 5 days 16 hours ago #307251

• SJU61982
  • Thank you received: 354

NCJohnnie wrote: Besides us, three other undefeated teams in action today:

Tennesee at Gonzaga 3 pm

The Tennessee-Gonzaga game is in Phoenix, AZ. It is not a Gonzaga home game. Actually, I think it's a doubleheader with Nevada-Grand Canyon.

Around College Basketball (non-Big East) 2018/19 5 days 16 hours ago #307252

• NCJohnnie
  • Thank you received: 1736
SJU61982 wrote: NCJohnnie wrote: Besides us, three other undefeated teams in action today:

Tennesee at Gonzaga 3 pm

The Tennessee-Gonzaga game is in Phoenix, AZ. It is not a Gonzaga home game. Actually, I think it's a doubleheader with Nevada-Grand Canyon.

Thanks for that correction. I was looking at the games on ESPN too quickly and assuming the team listed second was the home team. Tennessee Gonzaga game should be a good one; intending to flip to it after the SJU game.

Around College Basketball (non-Big East) 2018/19 5 days 12 hours ago #307321

• Las Vegan
  • Thank you received: 118
Both Gonzaga and Nevada are legit elite eight / final four candidates. Would love to see them play each other.

Around College Basketball (non-Big East) 2018/19 5 days 11 hours ago #307370

• espken
  • Thank you received: 94
Tennessee and Gonzaga going down to the wire, Zags up 1 under 2 minutes to go

Around College Basketball (non-Big East) 2018/19 5 days 10 hours ago #307374

• SJU61982
  • Thank you received: 354

espken wrote: Tennessee and Gonzaga going down to the wire, Zags up 1 under 2 minutes to go

76-73 Vols with 7.6 seconds to go. 1 and 1 coming up for UT.

Rocky Top on the verge of taking down the Zags.

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorth

ATTENTION:Lurkers!

Login and See less ads - AUTOMATICALLY

the redmen.com audience is over 99% LURKERS. People that read the site but don't login or participate.

Logged in members automatically have less advertisements appear when viewing redmen.com. It seems only fair if you are taking advantage of the site but not contributing, you're gonna see more ads to help keep the site going, right?

If you are an existing member but have not logged in for a while and don't remember your login information, use the links below. It is important that you keep your email address current for this to work and if you no longer have access to your old email address, (or to report other problems) please contact me directly via handy "Contact" icon on the bottom right of the site. You can private message me on the site if you are logged in, but still need help.

If you signup as a new user, you will initially be limited to posting in the Rookie Forum. This is a get-to-know-you measure and a way to weed out spam and other malicious and inappropriate content.

If you want to see less ads, SIGNUP and LOGIN TODAY.

If you have forgotten your username and/or password here are two links to address that (the links only work if you are not currently logged in):

forgot username:

forgot password:

Please consider a recurring monthly contribution.
Help Support Redmen.com
Thank you, Paul