Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Around College Basketball (non-Big East) 2018/19

Around College Basketball (non-Big East) 2018/19 2 weeks 4 days ago #304835

• SJU85
  • SJU85's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 278
New AP rankings has Gonzaga at No. 1 (Leapfrogging Kansas who was No. 2 prior to the Gonzaga beating then No. 1 Duke). But the shocker (to me at least) is the team at No. 21. It is a team from New York, not NYC (darn) nor our hated former rival further upstate. It is Buffalo. Yes, SUNY Buffalo (who also is an FBS school) from the MAC is No. 21 in the just released poll. I need to pay a little closer attention to our school near the Canadian border.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Around College Basketball (non-Big East) 2018/19 2 weeks 4 days ago #304837

• Marillac
  • Thank you received: 179

SJU85 wrote: New AP rankings has Gonzaga at No. 1 (Leapfrogging Kansas who was No. 2 prior to the Gonzaga beating then No. 1 Duke). But the shocker (to me at least) is the team at No. 21. It is a team from New York, not NYC (darn) nor our hated former rival further upstate. It is Buffalo. Yes, SUNY Buffalo (who also is an FBS school) from the MAC is No. 21 in the just released poll. I need to pay a little closer attention to our school near the Canadian border.

They should have started the year in the top 25. They are a legit sweet 16 contender.

Around College Basketball (non-Big East) 2018/19 2 weeks 4 days ago #304840

• Class of 72
  • Thank you received: 2111

Marillac wrote:

SJU85 wrote: New AP rankings has Gonzaga at No. 1 (Leapfrogging Kansas who was No. 2 prior to the Gonzaga beating then No. 1 Duke). But the shocker (to me at least) is the team at No. 21. It is a team from New York, not NYC (darn) nor our hated former rival further upstate. It is Buffalo. Yes, SUNY Buffalo (who also is an FBS school) from the MAC is No. 21 in the just released poll. I need to pay a little closer attention to our school near the Canadian border.

They should have started the year in the top 25. They are a legit sweet 16 contender.

No McDonald All Anythings. Just a professional coach.
All characters and events depicted in this post are entirely fictitious. Any similarity to actual events or persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. 

Around College Basketball (non-Big East) 2018/19 2 weeks 4 days ago #304841

• SJU61982
  • Thank you received: 354

Around College Basketball (non-Big East) 2018/19 2 weeks 4 days ago #304854

• L J S A
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1288

Class of 72 wrote:

Marillac wrote:

No McDonald All Anythings. Just a professional coach.

The timing is unfortunately off, but as of this moment, he's the guy I'd most want to take over the program when Mullin hangs it up.

Around College Basketball (non-Big East) 2018/19 2 weeks 4 days ago #304855

• PharmaJohnny
  • Thank you received: 28

SJU61982 wrote: Jerry Palm on the NET:

www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/new...ps-formula-a-secret/

Interesting that we are the highest rated BE team, at 29.

Around College Basketball (non-Big East) 2018/19 2 weeks 4 days ago #304856

• Paultzman
  • Thank you received: 7001
Mike Boynton, Loughlin grad & former South Carolina guard, is another coach with a bright future. Doing a nice job at Oklahoma State. My good friend JPM114 was singing his praises to me yesterday. Class act in his estimation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, SJU85, Moose, jerseyshorejohnny, L J S A

Around College Basketball (non-Big East) 2018/19 2 weeks 3 days ago #304894

• NCJohnnie
  • Thank you received: 1736
Canadian Frosh Luguentz Dort off to a great start for undefeated Arizona State - 23 ppg, 8 rebs and shooting 44% from three.

Around College Basketball (non-Big East) 2018/19 2 weeks 3 days ago #304902

• Room112
  • Thank you received: 442

NCJohnnie wrote: Canadian Frosh Luguentz Dort off to a great start for undefeated Arizona State - 23 ppg, 8 rebs and shooting 44% from three.

I remember the name coming up with recruiting. Did we ever seriously look at him?

Around College Basketball (non-Big East) 2018/19 2 weeks 3 days ago #304903

• Mike Zaun
  • Thank you received: 503

Room112 wrote:

NCJohnnie wrote: Canadian Frosh Luguentz Dort off to a great start for undefeated Arizona State - 23 ppg, 8 rebs and shooting 44% from three.

I remember the name coming up with recruiting. Did we ever seriously look at him?

Exception, not the rule. Also beat 2 mid majors by 40 pts or so. Not just Miami exclusively, my point is that other major programs don't seem to have nearly as much trouble putting really bad teams away. IMO has been one of our most glaring issues going back to Lavin years. I don't expect to maul every opponent and I realize even blue bloods struggle occasionally with bad teams, but there's really no excuse for playing down to Molloy, Incarnate Word, STAC, St. Francis, NJIT, Bowling Green, etc. over the years. Even with a rebuilding team there should be a clear and apparent talent gap. Obviously I'll take the W even if it's a 1 pt margin over the worst team in the country, but it's bad for optics and takes years off the lives of SJ fans.

Oops, sorry I think I posted this in the wrong thread. Should be in the game thread.

Last edit: by Mike Zaun.
Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorth

ATTENTION:Lurkers!

Login and See less ads - AUTOMATICALLY

the redmen.com audience is over 99% LURKERS. People that read the site but don't login or participate.

Logged in members automatically have less advertisements appear when viewing redmen.com. It seems only fair if you are taking advantage of the site but not contributing, you're gonna see more ads to help keep the site going, right?

If you are an existing member but have not logged in for a while and don't remember your login information, use the links below. It is important that you keep your email address current for this to work and if you no longer have access to your old email address, (or to report other problems) please contact me directly via handy "Contact" icon on the bottom right of the site. You can private message me on the site if you are logged in, but still need help.

If you signup as a new user, you will initially be limited to posting in the Rookie Forum. This is a get-to-know-you measure and a way to weed out spam and other malicious and inappropriate content.

If you want to see less ads, SIGNUP and LOGIN TODAY.

If you have forgotten your username and/or password here are two links to address that (the links only work if you are not currently logged in):

forgot username:

forgot password:

Please consider a recurring monthly contribution.
Help Support Redmen.com
Thank you, Paul