Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Complaint Thread

Complaint Thread 1 week 4 days ago #306230

• Mike Zaun
  • Thank you received: 503

austour wrote: I had a tire salesman in an Uber the other day. Short Answer, don't drive run flats unless you absolutely positively have to be able to keep driving. He said they're perfect for organ transplant transports and little else.

I hope you heed my advice ;). Great ride together! Maybe next time you'll give me more than 1 star.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Mike Zaun.

Complaint Thread 1 week 3 days ago #306261

• fuchsia
  • Thank you received: 93

sjc88 wrote: Interesting discussion about the great players now vs then. All have great points. I would add that I think part of the point missing is the evolution of players and how one lead from one to the other. Doctor J revolutionized the game. At the time he took basketball to new heights. Without him, not sure we have Magic and Bird. Then we get Jordan which seemed to take part Doc adding in Bird (shooting) and Magic (passing). No one in the 70's could seriously think of a guy like Magic who could play guard, forward, center. Amazing. Now you have LeBron and he has taken that and combined that with an even more amazing skill set.

Seventies. shmeventies. Closest precursor might have been Tom Gola in the fifties.

Complaint Thread 1 week 1 day ago #306852

• oldschool Redmen
  • Thank you received: 229
Good god, seriously, wtf ever happened to defense in the nba?
Who are the retards that f'ed everything up and ruined the nba?
I guess if you're young enough never to remember defense in the nba, then you're good, but how can anyone that was a fan in the 80's, 90's like this crap.

I gotta google who changed it, when, and why? Seriously interested in why

Complaint Thread 1 week 18 hours ago #306891

• SI1996
  • Thank you received: 137

oldschool Redmen wrote: Good god, seriously, wtf ever happened to defense in the nba?
Who are the retards that f'ed everything up and ruined the nba?
I guess if you're young enough never to remember defense in the nba, then you're good, but how can anyone that was a fan in the 80's, 90's like this crap.

I gotta google who changed it, when, and why? Seriously interested in why

Latest I remember being interested in the NBA was the 90s.. Knicks vs Bulls/Pacers playoff series. That was some great stuff.

Complaint Thread 1 week 17 hours ago #306906

• Beast of the East
  • Thank you received: 1303

Jack Williams wrote:

sjc88 wrote:

Marillac wrote:

Jack Williams wrote: Boxing matches ending in a draw.

Matter of fact, any sporting event ending in a draw. It’s the dumbest thing. Where’s Herm Edwards when you need him, you play to win, not tie.

Boxing judging is just ridiculous. GGG won both fights by at least 3 rounds. Fury clearly won 9 rounds tonight. Wilder won the second 10-9 and the 9th and 12th 10-8. That's as clear as a boxing match will ever get. 115-111.

Its not only just ridiculous it is an outright fraud. They were calling for a "rematch" 1 minute after the decision. Anyone who pays for that nonsense is a fool. If you want to see it, do it creatively.

My friends and I enjoyed the fight, but I agree, we found some shady stream online and watched it that way. Speaking of paying for stuff, if anyone actually paid for that Tiger/Mickelson golf1v1 is a fool. Wtf was that

Be very careful streaming or downloading bootlegged or unauthorized content from online. I just got a legitimate email from optimum with very specific information that someone had downloaded a bootlegged copy of a movie from our home router. It was a warning, and notice that the owner could initiate legal proceedings.

Complaint Thread 1 week 16 hours ago #306907

• Beast of the East

otis wrote: Somehow I never followed Pete Maravich in college but I now understand he was a great college player.

After his dad took the LSU job, as a high schooler he would play against LSU players and was always the best player on the court by far.

Legendary stuff that his dad would drive him somewhere and make him dribble a basketball out the car window to improve his ball handling.

For his own part, Press Maravich, who cam eout of the coal mines of Pennsylvania, was one of the very first jump shooters and flashiest player of his time.

Last edit: by Beast of the East.

Complaint Thread 1 week 16 hours ago #306911

• Paul Massell
  • Thank you received: 1000

Beast of the East wrote: Be very careful streaming or downloading bootlegged or unauthorized content from online. I just got a legitimate email from optimum with very specific information that someone had downloaded a bootlegged copy of a movie from our home router. It was a warning, and notice that the owner could initiate legal proceedings.

Creepy that Optimum is monitoring what you watch / download. You should sue THEM.
“Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”
The following user(s) said Thank You: sjc88

Complaint Thread 1 week 16 hours ago #306913

• Beast of the East

Paul Massell wrote:

Beast of the East wrote: Be very careful streaming or downloading bootlegged or unauthorized content from online. I just got a legitimate email from optimum with very specific information that someone had downloaded a bootlegged copy of a movie from our home router. It was a warning, and notice that the owner could initiate legal proceedings.

Creepy that Optimum is monitoring what you watch / download. You should sue THEM.

They were notified by the owner, who was monitoring a bootleg site. They alerted Optimum of the IP address that accessed the bootleg site, and the movie that was downloaded, who did not provide the complainant of our identify, but warned that the complainant could pursue legal means to protect their intellectual property. At this point, it was just a warning from Optimum about the notification.

Complaint Thread 1 week 16 hours ago #306917

• Chris7
  • Thank you received: 65

Beast of the East wrote:

Paul Massell wrote:

They were notified by the owner, who was monitoring a bootleg site. They alerted Optimum of the IP address that accessed the bootleg site, and the movie that was downloaded, who did not provide the complainant of our identify, but warned that the complainant could pursue legal means to protect their intellectual property. At this point, it was just a warning from Optimum about the notification.

I once received a similar notice. Except this one was from the FBI. Can't lie, scared the s*** out of me.

Complaint Thread 1 week 9 hours ago #306984

• JohnnyFan
  • Thank you received: 857

fuchsia wrote: Watching the game seriously since the Fall of '57, my all-time starting five is:

Michael Jordan
Oscar Robertson
LeBron James
Tim Duncan
Bill Russell

The key is that every one of these players would cut your heart out before letting their team lose.

Like your list. Would just put in Olajuwon for Duncan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorth

ATTENTION:Lurkers!

Login and See less ads - AUTOMATICALLY

the redmen.com audience is over 99% LURKERS. People that read the site but don't login or participate.

Logged in members automatically have less advertisements appear when viewing redmen.com. It seems only fair if you are taking advantage of the site but not contributing, you're gonna see more ads to help keep the site going, right?

If you are an existing member but have not logged in for a while and don't remember your login information, use the links below. It is important that you keep your email address current for this to work and if you no longer have access to your old email address, (or to report other problems) please contact me directly via handy "Contact" icon on the bottom right of the site. You can private message me on the site if you are logged in, but still need help.

If you signup as a new user, you will initially be limited to posting in the Rookie Forum. This is a get-to-know-you measure and a way to weed out spam and other malicious and inappropriate content.

If you want to see less ads, SIGNUP and LOGIN TODAY.

If you have forgotten your username and/or password here are two links to address that (the links only work if you are not currently logged in):

forgot username:

forgot password:

Please consider a recurring monthly contribution.
Help Support Redmen.com
Thank you, Paul