Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: (@Bar) VCU, Tue. Nov. 20, 7:30p, ESPN-2 / 970 WNYM

(@Bar) VCU, Tue. Nov. 20, 7:30p, ESPN-2 / 970 WNYM 3 weeks 3 days ago #303442

• fuchsia
  • Thank you received: 93
Mz, your "never" and mine re mid season tournaments being friendly to stj are separated by about two generations. I want us to win but lack your sense of dread.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moon Mullen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

(@Bar) VCU, Tue. Nov. 20, 7:30p, ESPN-2 / 970 WNYM 3 weeks 3 days ago #303444

• Paul Massell
  • Thank you received: 1000
I noticed that with the Cal victory we actually dropped one spot w/KenPom. #38 but some good company below. PAC seems to be getting no respect at all with UCLA, AZ, AZ St... all undefeated but below us. Got too root for all these teams we beat to improve to help us creep up.
“Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

(@Bar) VCU, Tue. Nov. 20, 7:30p, ESPN-2 / 970 WNYM 3 weeks 3 days ago #303449

• sjc88
  • Thank you received: 240

Paul Massell wrote: I noticed that with the Cal victory we actually dropped one spot w/KenPom. #38 but some good company below. PAC seems to be getting no respect at all with UCLA, AZ, AZ St... all undefeated but below us. Got too root for all these teams we beat to improve to help us creep up.

Paul, I also saw that we have a common opponent with VCU as they played and beat Bowling Green (they won by 11, 72-61). Of course we beat BG by 4, 84-80. Be nice if Johnnies played better tonight and put up a good "W".
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Massell

(@Bar) VCU, Tue. Nov. 20, 7:30p, ESPN-2 / 970 WNYM 3 weeks 3 days ago #303454

• MCNPA
  • Thank you received: 404
A win over VCU is always a solid win. They’re undefeated and always are a tough matchup style-wise. I don’t see them playing all to much zone I’d guess so that takes one thing out of the equation. We I’ll get more pressure, but dare is say it makes our engine go faster and we like to play that way. Let’s advance to 5-0 and start the season right. SOS is all good, but winning them all leaves little doubt regardless. Nobody can argue with wins, only bad losses.

(@Bar) VCU, Tue. Nov. 20, 7:30p, ESPN-2 / 970 WNYM 3 weeks 3 days ago #303455

• usguard
  • Thank you received: 159
Common opponents tell very little it is something pundits look at because it is there but nothing to rely on.our players can just match up better and ViceVersa

(@Bar) VCU, Tue. Nov. 20, 7:30p, ESPN-2 / 970 WNYM 3 weeks 3 days ago #303467

• 41ndone
  • Thank you received: 32
FWIW Vegas has us as 6pt. favorites.

(@Bar) VCU, Tue. Nov. 20, 7:30p, ESPN-2 / 970 WNYM 3 weeks 3 days ago #303468

• Jack Williams
  • Thank you received: 158
I’ll be there tonight! Excited!! let’s goooo sju

(@Bar) VCU, Tue. Nov. 20, 7:30p, ESPN-2 / 970 WNYM 3 weeks 3 days ago #303470

• sjc88
I hope we get a decent crowd tonight. I am heading to Barclay Center tonight. I saw last night crowd wasn't great. In watching all of these Holiday Tournaments on TV (excluding maybe Maui) it seems (sadly) that there are many empty seats. Lots of factors and this is not about that.
I just wonder why (say tonight for example) Barclay Center or SJU or whoever the sponsor is wouldn't donate say 100 tickets to a local school or church league or something. I mean the upper bowl is probably empty tonight. I know its not my money but it might be a good thing to hear some young voices in a place they might not have a chance to see say for NBA. It probably violates some NCAA rule somewhere or possibly they already do it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TX Redman, SLYFOXX1968

(@Bar) VCU, Tue. Nov. 20, 7:30p, ESPN-2 / 970 WNYM 3 weeks 3 days ago #303495

• SLYFOXX1968

sjc88 wrote: I hope we get a decent crowd tonight. I am heading to Barclay Center tonight. I saw last night crowd wasn't great. In watching all of these Holiday Tournaments on TV (excluding maybe Maui) it seems (sadly) that there are many empty seats. Lots of factors and this is not about that.
I just wonder why (say tonight for example) Barclay Center or SJU or whoever the sponsor is wouldn't donate say 100 tickets to a local school or church league or something. I mean the upper bowl is probably empty tonight. I know its not my money but it might be a good thing to hear some young voices in a place they might not have a chance to see say for NBA. It probably violates some NCAA rule somewhere or possibly they already do it.

. Good Point . I don’t know either but, for games at the Garden or Barclays , why not have a 100 tickets bought by St John’s distributed to HS Coaches or Schools to have their Players attend ? You could distribute some to Bklyn Schools , Queens Schools ,Bronx, Westchester , NJ, etc . Years ago , way back , you could go to gamesat the Garden for maybe 1/2 price with a GO card or HS ID. It would be good PR. But, there may be regulations against it . Of course, there are always reasons not to do something .

(@Bar) VCU, Tue. Nov. 20, 7:30p, ESPN-2 / 970 WNYM 3 weeks 3 days ago #303500

• sjc88

SLYFOXX1968 wrote:

sjc88 wrote: I hope we get a decent crowd tonight. I am heading to Barclay Center tonight. I saw last night crowd wasn't great. In watching all of these Holiday Tournaments on TV (excluding maybe Maui) it seems (sadly) that there are many empty seats. Lots of factors and this is not about that.

. Good Point . I don’t know either but, for games at the Garden or Barclays , why not have a 100 tickets bought by St John’s distributed to HS Coaches or Schools to have their Players attend ? You could distribute some to Bklyn Schools , Queens Schools ,Bronx, Westchester , NJ, etc . Years ago , way back , you could go to gamesat the Garden for maybe 1/2 price with a GO card or HS ID. It would be good PR. But, there may be regulations against it . Of course, there are always reasons not to do something .

That's a good idea too. I wasn't even thinking of recruiting but more like grade school kids. I mean what difference would 100 tickets in a 1/3 empty arena make. Charitable write-off? Certainly have no impact on ticket sales.Seems like you throw seeds out to the future players and fans. I can imagine that there are plenty of kids in Brooklyn/Queens that have never seen a college game. Like you said, probably some rule somewhere or some financial reason against it.

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorth

ATTENTION:Lurkers!

Login and See less ads - AUTOMATICALLY

the redmen.com audience is over 99% LURKERS. People that read the site but don't login or participate.

Logged in members automatically have less advertisements appear when viewing redmen.com. It seems only fair if you are taking advantage of the site but not contributing, you're gonna see more ads to help keep the site going, right?

If you are an existing member but have not logged in for a while and don't remember your login information, use the links below. It is important that you keep your email address current for this to work and if you no longer have access to your old email address, (or to report other problems) please contact me directly via handy "Contact" icon on the bottom right of the site. You can private message me on the site if you are logged in, but still need help.

If you signup as a new user, you will initially be limited to posting in the Rookie Forum. This is a get-to-know-you measure and a way to weed out spam and other malicious and inappropriate content.

If you want to see less ads, SIGNUP and LOGIN TODAY.

If you have forgotten your username and/or password here are two links to address that (the links only work if you are not currently logged in):

forgot username:

forgot password:

Please consider a recurring monthly contribution.
Help Support Redmen.com
Thank you, Paul