Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: What was the first St.Johns game you saw ?

What was the first St.Johns game you saw ? 3 weeks 2 days ago #304137

• Paultzman
  • Thank you received: 7001

Beast of the East wrote:

Ralph Joseph Giordano wrote: Player you mention on army was Clem? Brundige (sp) he was a beast.

Dont think that was his first name. They have a very good forward, gary something?

Winton
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beast of the East

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

What was the first St.Johns game you saw ? 3 weeks 2 days ago #304151

• Ralph Joseph Giordano
  • Thank you received: 32
Clennie was his first name. Played for. Coach K. Was an outstanding football player and solid basketball player. Was a force underneath watched him many times

What was the first St.Johns game you saw ? 2 weeks 4 days ago #304786

• gman
  • Thank you received: 293
I have no idea the first game I saw. I’ve basically gone my whole life. I have memories of the late 80s players like Brust and Glass. I was a fan of he hustle of burst. The first game I really remember was Malik Sealys big game in the Lapchick tourney. My brother was a ball boy either that year or the next. I remember him trying to help Rob Werdann off he floor and him rag dolling my 100lb brother. I also remember us trouncing UConn at the garden when they were really good. Equally I remember the embarssing loss to Miami. And I remember way too many games vs. Marathon Oil.

My first memory was running around the award dinner in 1986 getting the players to sign the program. I was 6 then.

I also have fond memories of my dad talking about the Holiday Festival at the old garden vs. Princeton et al. He still gushes about it if you ask him.

Last edit: by gman.

What was the first St.Johns game you saw ? 2 weeks 2 days ago #305280

• djramps
  • Thank you received: 4
Gman, I remember Malik going off that game of the Lapchick. I was there with my Dad, Malik was in such a zone that day and he was just such a smooth player. I was also at the game where Ponds broke Sealys scoring record last year.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gman

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorth

ATTENTION:Lurkers!

Login and See less ads - AUTOMATICALLY

the redmen.com audience is over 99% LURKERS. People that read the site but don't login or participate.

Logged in members automatically have less advertisements appear when viewing redmen.com. It seems only fair if you are taking advantage of the site but not contributing, you're gonna see more ads to help keep the site going, right?

If you are an existing member but have not logged in for a while and don't remember your login information, use the links below. It is important that you keep your email address current for this to work and if you no longer have access to your old email address, (or to report other problems) please contact me directly via handy "Contact" icon on the bottom right of the site. You can private message me on the site if you are logged in, but still need help.

If you signup as a new user, you will initially be limited to posting in the Rookie Forum. This is a get-to-know-you measure and a way to weed out spam and other malicious and inappropriate content.

If you want to see less ads, SIGNUP and LOGIN TODAY.

If you have forgotten your username and/or password here are two links to address that (the links only work if you are not currently logged in):

forgot username:

forgot password:

Please consider a recurring monthly contribution.
Help Support Redmen.com
Thank you, Paul