Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: St. John's Gear in Stores

St. John's Gear in Stores 2 months 5 days ago #294678

• Mike Zaun
  • Mike Zaun's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 452

Paultzman wrote: Note sure the Under Armour deal with SJU is working out.

Interesting...any details i.e. why, specific issues, etc. or where we might be looking to go if we ditch them?

Thanks NYCRedman, just wish we were in brick and mortar stores!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

St. John's Gear in Stores 2 months 5 days ago #294679

• Class of 72
  • Thank you received: 1931

Mike Zaun wrote:

Interesting...any details i.e. why, specific issues, etc. or where we might be looking to go if we ditch them?

BRICK AND MORTAR? ?????

Your want St. John's gear? Shop on Amazon! They have been putting the brick and mortar stores out of business.
And........they carry your size and deliver in 2 days.........unlike Jungle Dave.
All characters and events depicted in this post are entirely fictitious. Any similarity to actual events or persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. 

St. John's Gear in Stores 2 months 5 days ago #294681

• Andrew
  • Thank you received: 399
I found a nice St. John’s hat at Marshall’s in Manhasset for less then $10 dollars and a shirt at TJ Maxx as well. Not even sure how they wound up there. Schools like Maryland, Michigan and Syracuse are very popular on Long Island for a variety of reasons. Notre Dame as well but a different crowd.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr

St. John's Gear in Stores 2 months 5 days ago #294683

• Class of 72
  • Thank you received: 1931

Andrew wrote: I found a nice St. John’s hat at Marshall’s in Manhasset for less then $10 dollars and a shirt at TJ Maxx as well. Not even sure how they wound up there. Schools like Maryland, Michigan and Syracuse are very popular on Long Island for a variety of reasons. Notre Dame as well but a different crowd.

Marshall's and TJ Max buy unsold local market area inventory. You just got lucky.
All characters and events depicted in this post are entirely fictitious. Any similarity to actual events or persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. 

St. John's Gear in Stores 2 months 5 days ago #294685

• Mike Zaun
  • Mike Zaun's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 452

Class of 72 wrote:

Mike Zaun wrote:

BRICK AND MORTAR? ?????

Your want St. John's gear? Shop on Amazon! They have been putting the brick and mortar stores out of business.
And........they carry your size and deliver in 2 days.........unlike Jungle Dave.

You're right, but I guess for the time being it's just frustrating when you see other schools at DIcks, etc. and a school 15 miles away with history in a major conference is not among them. Just google mapped it and it says 15 miles, 22 minutes from Roosevelt Field! It kind of reinforces that notion that if you don't play football, you aren't a real major player. I noticed that we used to have new era hats and switched not too long ago to some random brand Top of The World or something weird. It just seems like every merchandise move we make is to save money and cut corners instead of aligning ourselves with the big brands and showing we belong. I wonder if we'd ever try to get back with Air Jordan since Mullin was a dream team guy? Maybe that means nothing idk. Under Armour was exciting at first but then it kind of fizzled out...not sure what happened. I do think Adidas would be cool too.

Last edit: by Mike Zaun.

St. John's Gear in Stores 2 months 5 days ago #294693

• mjmaherjr
  • Thank you received: 1792

It sucks

St. John's Gear in Stores 2 months 5 days ago #294694

• mjmaherjr
  • Thank you received: 1792

Andrew wrote: I found a nice St. John’s hat at Marshall’s in Manhasset for less then $10 dollars and a shirt at TJ Maxx as well. Not even sure how they wound up there. Schools like Maryland, Michigan and Syracuse are very popular on Long Island for a variety of reasons. Notre Dame as well but a different crowd.

That was great St Joes stuff you bought :)

St. John's Gear in Stores 2 months 5 days ago #294714

• Room112
  • Thank you received: 342

Mike Zaun wrote:

Class of 72 wrote:

Mike Zaun wrote:

BRICK AND MORTAR? ?????

You're right, but I guess for the time being it's just frustrating when you see other schools at DIcks, etc. and a school 15 miles away with history in a major conference is not among them. Just google mapped it and it says 15 miles, 22 minutes from Roosevelt Field! It kind of reinforces that notion that if you don't play football, you aren't a real major player. I noticed that we used to have new era hats and switched not too long ago to some random brand Top of The World or something weird. It just seems like every merchandise move we make is to save money and cut corners instead of aligning ourselves with the big brands and showing we belong. I wonder if we'd ever try to get back with Air Jordan since Mullin was a dream team guy? Maybe that means nothing idk. Under Armour was exciting at first but then it kind of fizzled out...not sure what happened. I do think Adidas would be cool too.

Unfortunately it's been this way for over 15 years now and probably longer. If you check the history of this board, threads like this pop up every year. You can never find the stuff in stores. Truth is there is likely no demand for it so stores don't make an effort to carry it. I've always had to shop online to ever get any SJU gear.

St. John's Gear in Stores 2 months 5 days ago #294715

• SJU85
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 256

Room112 wrote: Unfortunately it's been this way for over 15 years now and probably longer. If you check the history of this board, threads like this pop up every year. You can never find the stuff in stores. Truth is there is likely no demand for it so stores don't make an effort to carry it. I've always had to shop online to ever get any SJU gear.

Correct and it will remain so regardless if it is Under Armour, Nike, Reebok or Addidas until we reverse our course and start making noise during the season, BE Tourny and the NCAAs.

A lot of those other schools that have been mentioned in this thread are national brands (like it or not) and several with a history of success in football and basketball so they do sell.

St. John's Gear in Stores 2 months 5 days ago #294725

• OhioFan
  • Thank you received: 103
It's been to get gear for as long as I can remember. Solution, go to the bookstore.:P
14What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him?15If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, 16and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the...

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorth