Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Pond’s Summer

Pond’s Summer 1 month 1 week ago #300562

• Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 7009
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tommy O 54

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Pond’s Summer 2 weeks 5 days ago #304847

• Paultzman
In addition to being named the @BIGEASTMBB Player of the Week, @ShamorieP has also been named the Lute Olson Award National Player of the Week!
Per @StJohnsBBall

Zach B
Shamorie Ponds on his fast start: “I felt I didn’t do anything yet. We got a long season left. I can go up or go down. Definitely not satisfied.” #sjubb

Shamorie Ponds said he's been disappointed by his 3-point shooting and wants to attack more, not settle for jumpers. "Personally, no, not my best at all." #sjubb
The following user(s) said Thank You: Section3, Monte, richard A Steinfeld

Pond’s Summer 2 weeks 5 days ago #304848

• we are sju
  • Thank you received: 468
Clearly the people responsible for nominating him for these honors do not read these boards. Otherwise they would be educated on the fact that Ponds dribbles too much, plays to much "schoolyard ball" and doesn't do a good enough job of setting up Marvin Clark to miss more threes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gonzalo, PharmaJohnny, Joe DiBenedetto

Pond’s Summer 2 weeks 5 days ago #304849

• Enright
  • Thank you received: 166
SJU will only benefit if Ponds takes it to the rim instead of settling for a three. He is a great penetrator and foul shooter.

Pond’s Summer 2 weeks 5 days ago #304850

• Chicago Days
  • Thank you received: 1473

we are sju wrote: Clearly the people responsible for nominating him for these honors do not read these boards. Otherwise they would be educated on the fact that Ponds dribbles too much, plays to much "schoolyard ball" and doesn't do a good enough job of setting up Marvin Clark to miss more threes.

Lol. Well-said. Thanks ‘...sju’.

Pond’s Summer 2 weeks 3 days ago #305193

• Beast of the East
  • Thank you received: 1313

we are sju wrote: Clearly the people responsible for nominating him for these honors do not read these boards. Otherwise they would be educated on the fact that Ponds dribbles too much, plays to much "schoolyard ball" and doesn't do a good enough job of setting up Marvin Clark to miss more threes.

If Ponds had your mentality, his future would be schoolyard ball and a career in Lithuania, Peru, Morocco, anywhere but the NBA. He realizes, like many of us do, that there are separate quantum leaps from high school star to college star to the NBA.

If the draft was held today, even if only based on last week's work, the first or second round would not be a certainty. Ponds appears to be working very hard at refining his game - ALL ASPECTS of his game, because to get to the NBA at his size, he needs to be a dead eye shooter from three, be the best ball handler on the floor, and be a great distributor as well. Even with 67 points in 2 games last week, Ponds knows there is much improvement to convince the NBA he is worth a 1st round look.

If the only issue was him putting up points, or even us getting to the Dance, he'd be a good bet right now to get drafted. But it isn't. He has a lot to prove, appears to have a strong desire to do it, and frankly I'm excited to see more of the thread the needle passes, and other game refinements as he works towards that end.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ralph Joseph Giordano

Pond’s Summer 1 week 6 days ago #305964

• Amaseinyourface
  • Thank you received: 215
Through 7 games Ponds is shooing 63% on 2 pt shots. Unbelievable around the basket. He also has a 3.1 A:TO ratio. Yesterday he again made huge defensive plays late.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beast of the East, capmaker

Pond’s Summer 1 week 6 days ago #305972

• Paultzman

Amaseinyourface wrote: Through 7 games Ponds is shooing 63% on 2 pt shots. Unbelievable around the basket. He also has a 3.1 A:TO ratio. Yesterday he again made huge defensive plays late.

Ponds is obviously such a force in tight end of game situations with money results drawing fouls and converting. Such a valuable commodity! Enjoy him, because you won’t readily see such an offensive force like him wearing red and white for some time I suspect.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Section3, Amaseinyourface

Last edit: by Paultzman.

Pond’s Summer 1 week 6 days ago #305975

• Ray Morgan
  • Thank you received: 338
Ponds has a chance at the NBA. He is somewhere in between a lock and a huge longshot. Showing he can lead his team to a big season will go a long way. As a guard and the dominant force on the team, he needs to show NBA teams he is a winner. No matter how hard he works, he can't change his height and level of athleticism. The NBA, which everyone seems to forget, has the best talent from all over the world. I'm hoping that his fearlessness with a game on the line will endear him to a team willing to give him a chance. I don't want this to be the last year I can watch him play.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, Knight

Pond’s Summer 1 week 6 days ago #305979

• Amaseinyourface
  • Thank you received: 215

Paultzman wrote:

Amaseinyourface wrote: Through 7 games Ponds is shooing 63% on 2 pt shots. Unbelievable around the basket. He also has a 3.1 A:TO ratio. Yesterday he again made huge defensive plays late.

Ponds is obviously such a force in tight end of game situations with money results drawing fouls and converting. Such a valuable commodity! Enjoy him, because you won’t readily see such an offensive force like him wearing red and white for some time I suspect.

May never see a guy as adept at finishing around the rim. In any circumstance really, and undoubtedly something that will be a huge asset playing against pros.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorth

ATTENTION:Lurkers!

Login and See less ads - AUTOMATICALLY

the redmen.com audience is over 99% LURKERS. People that read the site but don't login or participate.

Logged in members automatically have less advertisements appear when viewing redmen.com. It seems only fair if you are taking advantage of the site but not contributing, you're gonna see more ads to help keep the site going, right?

If you are an existing member but have not logged in for a while and don't remember your login information, use the links below. It is important that you keep your email address current for this to work and if you no longer have access to your old email address, (or to report other problems) please contact me directly via handy "Contact" icon on the bottom right of the site. You can private message me on the site if you are logged in, but still need help.

If you signup as a new user, you will initially be limited to posting in the Rookie Forum. This is a get-to-know-you measure and a way to weed out spam and other malicious and inappropriate content.

If you want to see less ads, SIGNUP and LOGIN TODAY.

If you have forgotten your username and/or password here are two links to address that (the links only work if you are not currently logged in):

forgot username:

forgot password:

Please consider a recurring monthly contribution.
Help Support Redmen.com
Thank you, Paul