Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Pond’s Summer

Pond’s Summer 4 months 2 weeks ago #291425

• usguard
  • Thank you received: 159
Based on this article it does not seem they think that highly of any of our players. Esp Ponds at 32 . ARE WE hyping our players too high., expecting too much based on the talent we have accumulated or ignore the content as just opinion and let it go at that

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Pond’s Summer 4 months 2 weeks ago #291427

• Chicago Days
  • Thank you received: 1473
Very odd imo, Heron didn't make either the List--or the 'just missed' with an * that he would've been on if definitely eligible.
Aside from Mustapha's exclusion, and Shamorie's low #32 ranking, I can see Simon needing to show more to be included on this List and I'm not surprised that our other guys, including Clark, Figgy, Dixon, were excluded--with the obvious need to show more.
But, that's okay.
We'll show them.

Pond’s Summer 4 months 2 weeks ago #291429

• NCJohnnie
  • Thank you received: 1738
I expect Heron is treated as ineligible for purposes like this list unless and until he gets his exemption approved. Wouldn't expect anyone else besides Shamorie to be on a top 50 in the country pre-season list, but would have expected Shamorie to be at least top 20-25.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tom in Salem

Pond’s Summer 4 months 2 weeks ago #291431

• Rob
  • Thank you received: 82
I've seen both Ponds and Howard numerous times. No knock on Howard, but I take Ponds everyday and twice on Sunday. Perhaps my view is clouded by the fact that Ponds has had some great games against Howard, including the game at the Garden when they were both freshman and Howard struggled to bring the ball up.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tom in Salem, Andrew

Pond’s Summer 4 months 2 weeks ago #291434

• Enright
  • Thank you received: 166
If the criteria was strictly next season's college performance Ponds and even Simon would rate higher but a big part of the rating is based on possible NBA future.
Backcourt and wing players in the NBA have to be good shooters and Pond's three point shooting was far from competent last year. A player his size has to shoot forty per cent to have an NBA future and Simon's only bad part of his game is a consistent outside shot.
They still should be one of college bb best back courts this season.

Pond’s Summer 4 months 4 days ago #292295

• Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 7009
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tom in Salem, richard A Steinfeld, Chicago Days, NCJohnnie

Pond’s Summer 4 months 2 days ago #292413

• Paultzman

Pond’s Summer 2 months 14 hours ago #298095

• Paultzman
SJU press release

Web Release

QUEENS, N.Y. (Oct. 15, 2018) – The preseason honors have started to trickle in for junior guard Shamorie Ponds, as the Brooklyn native was named to the Preseason Watch List for the Bob Cousy Award, it was announced this afternoon by the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame.

The Bob Cousy Award, one of five accolades bestowed by the Hall corresponding to the five traditional positions on the floor, recognizes the best point guard in the game of college basketball. The watch list will be trimmed to 10 by mid-February before a group of five finalists in March. The winner of the award will be announced at the ESPN College Basketball Awards Show presented by Wendy’s on Friday, April 12, 2019, in Los Angeles.
Markus Howard of Marquette on list as well

Last edit: by Paultzman.

Pond’s Summer 2 months 14 hours ago #298098

• Paultzman
Attachments:

Pond’s Summer 1 month 4 weeks ago #298221

• SJU61982
  • Thank you received: 356
Kyle Boone of CBS sports puts Ponds at #7 nationally, in his point guard rankings.

www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/new...-the-2018-19-season/

7. Shamorie Ponds | St. John's | Junior

2017-18 stats: 21.6 ppg, 5.0 rpg, 4.7 apg

As far as overall talent level, scoring potency and NBA potential, Ponds may easily be top-3 on this list. But as a sophomore last season, he proved to be turnover-prone, and also shot an unremarkable 25.3 percent clip from the 3-point line. Still yet, opportunity will be abundant for Ponds to be a feature player for St. John's, a team that, with Mustapha Heron eligible, should absolutely be expected to be an NCAA Tournament team.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, L J S A

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorth

ATTENTION:Lurkers!

Login and See less ads - AUTOMATICALLY

the redmen.com audience is over 99% LURKERS. People that read the site but don't login or participate.

Logged in members automatically have less advertisements appear when viewing redmen.com. It seems only fair if you are taking advantage of the site but not contributing, you're gonna see more ads to help keep the site going, right?

If you are an existing member but have not logged in for a while and don't remember your login information, use the links below. It is important that you keep your email address current for this to work and if you no longer have access to your old email address, (or to report other problems) please contact me directly via handy "Contact" icon on the bottom right of the site. You can private message me on the site if you are logged in, but still need help.

If you signup as a new user, you will initially be limited to posting in the Rookie Forum. This is a get-to-know-you measure and a way to weed out spam and other malicious and inappropriate content.

If you want to see less ads, SIGNUP and LOGIN TODAY.

If you have forgotten your username and/or password here are two links to address that (the links only work if you are not currently logged in):

forgot username:

forgot password:

Please consider a recurring monthly contribution.
Help Support Redmen.com
Thank you, Paul