Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: All Things World Cup

All Things World Cup 3 months 3 weeks ago #289383

  • Andrew
  • Andrew's Avatar
  • Away
  • Posts: 4844
  • Thank you received: 353
Uruguay-Portugal (Uruguay- I like the guy that almost bit someone’s ear off)
France-Argentina (Argentina - Messi is a nickname I have for one of my kids)
Brazil-Mexico - Mexico - (Somewhat indifferent here but Brazil fans remind me too much of Yankee fans)
Belgium-Japan (Belgium - Lukaku is my favorite player in this tournament)
Spain-Russia (I think this one goes to Putin’s army)
Croatia-Denmark (Croatia - may be my favorite team left)
Sweden-Switzerland (Another toss up but I will go with the hot Swedish women over the cheese)
Colombia-England (Can’t agree more. So many hot Colombian women in Queens!)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chicago Days

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Andrew.

All Things World Cup 3 months 3 weeks ago #289398

  • Class of 72
  • Class of 72's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Posts: 6673
  • Thank you received: 1765

Andrew wrote: Uruguay-Portugal (Uruguay- I like the guy that almost bit someone’s ear off)
France-Argentina (Argentina - Messi is a nickname I have for one of my kids)
Brazil-Mexico - Mexico - (Somewhat indifferent here but Brazil fans remind me too much of Yankee fans)
Belgium-Japan (Belgium - Lukaku is my favorite player in this tournament)
Spain-Russia (I think this one goes to Putin’s army)
Croatia-Denmark (Croatia - may be my favorite team left)
Sweden-Switzerland (Another toss up but I will go with the hot Swedish women over the cheese)
Colombia-England (Can’t agree more. So many hot Colombian women in Queens!)


I agree on most of your picks but Russia have been lucky, England under performs but will beat Colombia. My favorite Germany are out so I will go with another country I have relatives in, Argentina.
Finally, when you say " So many hot Colombian women in Queens!", I am starting to think a few of you frequent the same massage parlors along Northern Boulevard.;)
All characters and events depicted in this post are entirely fictitious. Any similarity to actual events or persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Class of 72.

All Things World Cup 3 months 3 weeks ago #289407

  • mjmaherjr
  • mjmaherjr's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 9966
  • Thank you received: 1664

Class of 72 wrote:

Andrew wrote: Uruguay-Portugal (Uruguay- I like the guy that almost bit someone’s ear off)
France-Argentina (Argentina - Messi is a nickname I have for one of my kids)
Brazil-Mexico - Mexico - (Somewhat indifferent here but Brazil fans remind me too much of Yankee fans)
Belgium-Japan (Belgium - Lukaku is my favorite player in this tournament)
Spain-Russia (I think this one goes to Putin’s army)
Croatia-Denmark (Croatia - may be my favorite team left)
Sweden-Switzerland (Another toss up but I will go with the hot Swedish women over the cheese)
Colombia-England (Can’t agree more. So many hot Colombian women in Queens!)



Finally, when you say " So many hot Colombian women in Queens!", I am starting to think a few of you frequent the same massage parlors along Northern Boulevard.;)

You mean medicinal healing spas :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Class of 72, Tom in Salem, Andrew, L J S A

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

All Things World Cup 3 months 3 weeks ago #289418

  • Section9
  • Section9's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 1448
  • Thank you received: 199

Section9 wrote:

TX Redman wrote: My picks in (brackets):

Uruguay-Portugal (Portugal)
France-Argentina (France)
Brazil-Mexico (Brazil)
Belgium-Japan (Belgium)
Spain-Russia (Spain)
Croatia-Denmark (Croatia)
Sweden-Switzerland (Swiss)
Colombia-England (Colombia)

I could see any one of these going the other way though... :)


Uruguay I hate Real and two of my friends are HUGE Barca supporters.
Argentina See above Barca reference and despite Tolliso I can't bring myself to root for the frenchies
Brazil. After that first round loss I can't root for el Tri and their goalie gives me the creeps.
Belgium. I know my wife will be watching this because of Prince Harry.
Spain I hate Real but the ruskies are toast.
Denmark Defense, defense, defense.
Sweden In what could be the most boring match of the round.
Columbia They have the best unis in the tourny.


With James potentially out for the rest of the tourny with a calf injury I may be wavering in favor of England. besides, my wife's half English.;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

All Things World Cup 3 months 3 weeks ago #289430

  • Tom in Salem
  • Tom in Salem's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 5075
  • Thank you received: 228
Best game of the tournament.
WE ARE ONE YEAR AWAY FROM ARMAGEDDON.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr, Section9, TX Redman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

All Things World Cup 3 months 3 weeks ago #289432

  • Section9
  • Section9's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 1448
  • Thank you received: 199

Tom in Salem wrote: Best game of the tournament.


Damn Fenchies. Oatmendi is an ahole, hope he enjoys China.:P
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

All Things World Cup 3 months 3 weeks ago #289435

  • TX Redman
  • TX Redman's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 1630
  • Thank you received: 57

Tom in Salem wrote: Best game of the tournament.


It was great stuff. If the remaining seven games are half as good... Feel sorry for Messi but that's the way it goes. Mascherano was great in his day but he too is past his prime. Their camp was in a bit of disarray and it is tough to get all the attacking talent into the team so Aguero and Higuain did not start. Super goal by the Angel of Mary.

France have tons of talent. Mbappe was excellent and you can see why every big club was after him a year ago. Thought Griezmann, Pogba and Kante were excellent. What a goal by Pavard! I can see France beating wither Portugal or Uruguay.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr, Tom in Salem

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

All Things World Cup 3 months 3 weeks ago #289442

  • mjmaherjr
  • mjmaherjr's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 9966
  • Thank you received: 1664
That was a crazy 15 minutes or so when France went on the tear. Disappointing result. Nathalie 1 Gringo 0

Now Nathalie's rooting for Portugal because she thinks Renaldo is hot. I'm rooting for Uruguay because their chicks are hot but I'm taking the high road so I dont get in trouble and just saying I'm rooting for Uruguay because they are from South America :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew, Chicago Days

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by mjmaherjr.

All Things World Cup 3 months 3 weeks ago #289444

  • Chicago Days
  • Chicago Days's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 2722
  • Thank you received: 1386

mjmaherjr wrote: That was a crazy 15 minutes or so when France went on the tear. Disappointing result. Nathalie 1 Gringo 0

Now Nathalie's rooting for Portugal because she thinks Renaldo is hot. I'm rooting for Uruguay because their chicks are hot but I'm taking the high road so I dont get in trouble and just saying I'm rooting for Uruguay because they are from South America :)


Hoping Nathalie doesn’t read this Board, Mike! Lol.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

All Things World Cup 3 months 3 weeks ago #289449

  • mjmaherjr
  • mjmaherjr's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 9966
  • Thank you received: 1664

Chicago Days wrote:

mjmaherjr wrote: That was a crazy 15 minutes or so when France went on the tear. Disappointing result. Nathalie 1 Gringo 0

Now Nathalie's rooting for Portugal because she thinks Renaldo is hot. I'm rooting for Uruguay because their chicks are hot but I'm taking the high road so I dont get in trouble and just saying I'm rooting for Uruguay because they are from South America :)


Hoping Nathalie doesn’t read this Board, Mike! Lol.

Haaaaaa she does sometimes. Especially after losses. She thinks it's funny how we all go crazy because she would tell me during games especially during the Norm years " why do you root for this crappy team you know they are going to lose "

Now during the last 3 years she kept on saying " did you really expect something different " lol
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew, L J S A, Chicago Days

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorth

ATTENTION:

Major updates were made to the servers / software hosting redmen.com. There was also one significant change to the website this week to address keeping up with current standards and practices.

It has now become standard practice for all websites to be served as https (as opposed to the original http).


A couple of years ago I enabled https on the site as optional but as of today, the site is forcing https. Any link coming into the site should be automatically converted on the fly and you should not have to do anything on your end.

However if you do notice recent problems, please contact me directly via email: webmaster@redmen.com or via private message on the site.


Also if you have forgotten your username and/or password here are two links to address that (the links only work if you are not currently logged in):

forgot username:

forgot password:


Please consider a recurring monthly contribution.
Help Support Redmen.com
Thank you, Paul