Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: All Things World Cup

All Things World Cup 4 months 1 day ago #288678

  • mjmaherjr
  • mjmaherjr's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 9967
  • Thank you received: 1665

SI1996 wrote: Looks like Maher made it to Russia and is to blame for this. www.espn.com/soccer/blog/the-toe-poke/65...ng-world-cup?src=com

haaaaa I wish !!! But if there is a Pisco Sour shortage in Peru in the next 2 weeks for that people can definitely blame me. Sirvoo is gonna be pissed if he gets to Russia for the Semi Finals and no beer unless he likes his Vodka
The following user(s) said Thank You: sirvoo, Chicago Days

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

All Things World Cup 4 months 22 hours ago #288743

  • TX Redman
  • TX Redman's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 1630
  • Thank you received: 57

mjmaherjr wrote:

SI1996 wrote: Looks like Maher made it to Russia and is to blame for this. www.espn.com/soccer/blog/the-toe-poke/65...ng-world-cup?src=com

haaaaa I wish !!! But if there is a Pisco Sour shortage in Peru in the next 2 weeks for that people can definitely blame me. Sirvoo is gonna be pissed if he gets to Russia for the Semi Finals and no beer unless he likes his Vodka


Mike, have you been to any of these? They made a list of the Top 50 Restaurants in the World:

6. Central (Lima, Peru)
7. Maido (Lima, Peru)
39. Astrid y Gastón (Lima, Peru)

Can't believe Mama's Daughters Diner didn't crack the Top 50... Terrific meatloaf!

www.mamasdaughtersdiner.com/Irving.php
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chicago Days

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

All Things World Cup 4 months 12 hours ago #288750

  • Redman#13
  • Redman#13's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 252
  • Thank you received: 21
things looking tough for Peru if this Denmark result sticks. Hoping for the best Maher
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

All Things World Cup 4 months 12 hours ago #288752

  • Class of 72
  • Class of 72's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Posts: 6675
  • Thank you received: 1768

Redman#13 wrote: things looking tough for Peru if this Denmark result sticks. Hoping for the best Maher


Pulling for the Aussies! Game now tied 1-1 and Peru still has a chance if they tie the filthy French.
All characters and events depicted in this post are entirely fictitious. Any similarity to actual events or persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr, Redman#13

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

All Things World Cup 4 months 11 hours ago #288756

  • Class of 72
  • Class of 72's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Posts: 6675
  • Thank you received: 1768
Australia ties Denmark.
Best of luck to Peru against the filthy French.
All characters and events depicted in this post are entirely fictitious. Any similarity to actual events or persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

All Things World Cup 4 months 7 hours ago #288790

  • Jack Williams
  • Jack Williams's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 4592
  • Thank you received: 30
The first couple days of the World Cup were fantastic but these past two-three days the games have not been the most memorable.

However, Croatia vs Argentina is a big match between two talented teams, and we should be seeing a bit of a desperate Argentinian squad today. So hopefully this one impresses

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

All Things World Cup 4 months 5 hours ago #288800

  • Section9
  • Section9's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 1448
  • Thank you received: 199

Jack Williams wrote: The first couple days of the World Cup were fantastic but these past two-three days the games have not been the most memorable.

However, Croatia vs Argentina is a big match between two talented teams, and we should be seeing a bit of a desperate Argentinian squad today. So hopefully this one impresses


The only thing impressive was Croatia. That kick to the head by Otamendi was inexcusable. Argentina implodes 0-3.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Section9. Reason: bad juju

All Things World Cup 4 months 5 hours ago #288801

  • Section9
  • Section9's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 1448
  • Thank you received: 199

Class of 72 wrote: Australia ties Denmark.
Best of luck to Peru against the filthy French.


Maher sucking down those pisco sours after this one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

All Things World Cup 4 months 4 hours ago #288808

  • mjmaherjr
  • mjmaherjr's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 9967
  • Thank you received: 1665

TX Redman wrote:

mjmaherjr wrote:

SI1996 wrote: Looks like Maher made it to Russia and is to blame for this. www.espn.com/soccer/blog/the-toe-poke/65...ng-world-cup?src=com

haaaaa I wish !!! But if there is a Pisco Sour shortage in Peru in the next 2 weeks for that people can definitely blame me. Sirvoo is gonna be pissed if he gets to Russia for the Semi Finals and no beer unless he likes his Vodka


Mike, have you been to any of these? They made a list of the Top 50 Restaurants in the World:

6. Central (Lima, Peru)
7. Maido (Lima, Peru)
39. Astrid y Gastón (Lima, Peru)

Can't believe Mama's Daughters Diner didn't crack the Top 50... Terrific meatloaf!

www.mamasdaughtersdiner.com/Irving.php

yes Central and Astrid. Central is actually overrated. Punto Azul in Miraflores is much better and where all the locals go. Ate there 2 days ago. Best ceviche on the planet in my opinion although El Pez On which is half a block away is pretty damn close
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: TX Redman, Tom in Salem

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

All Things World Cup 4 months 4 hours ago #288809

  • mjmaherjr
  • mjmaherjr's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 9967
  • Thank you received: 1665

Section9 wrote:

Class of 72 wrote: Australia ties Denmark.
Best of luck to Peru against the filthy French.


Maher sucking down those pisco sours after this one.

This was rough. Really rough. But I have to say as bad Game was being here yesterday and this morning in Iquitos before the game and up until the end was probably one of the funnest things I’ve ever done in my life. This area is so remote I didn’t even see another Gringo so this 6 foot 4 Gringo with the Peruvian kit was like seeing big foot. Lol. Even the police were wearing Peruvian kits
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tom in Salem

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by mjmaherjr.
Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorth

ATTENTION:

Major updates were made to the servers / software hosting redmen.com. There was also one significant change to the website this week to address keeping up with current standards and practices.

It has now become standard practice for all websites to be served as https (as opposed to the original http).


A couple of years ago I enabled https on the site as optional but as of today, the site is forcing https. Any link coming into the site should be automatically converted on the fly and you should not have to do anything on your end.

However if you do notice recent problems, please contact me directly via email: webmaster@redmen.com or via private message on the site.


Also if you have forgotten your username and/or password here are two links to address that (the links only work if you are not currently logged in):

forgot username:

forgot password:


Please consider a recurring monthly contribution.
Help Support Redmen.com
Thank you, Paul