Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:
  • 1

TOPIC: Anne Donovan R.I.P.

Anne Donovan R.I.P. 4 months 2 days ago #288246

  • jerseyshorejohnny
  • jerseyshorejohnny's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Posts: 3911
  • Thank you received: 498

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Anne Donovan R.I.P. 4 months 1 day ago #288266

  • Tonyinfairfield
  • Tonyinfairfield 's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 2387
  • Thank you received: 82
She was so young. Quite a career in her short time here on earth. RIP, Anne.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NCJohnnie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Anne Donovan R.I.P. 4 months 1 day ago #288273

  • NCJohnnie
  • NCJohnnie's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 1242
  • Thank you received: 1290
Much too young to leave this world. RIP!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Anne Donovan R.I.P. 4 months 1 day ago #288299

  • Beast of the East
  • Beast of the East's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 9488
  • Thank you received: 1092
To some extent I preferred the early days of women's basketball when great players emerged from tiny schools and tore it up. They played for schools like Immaculata and other small places.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Anne Donovan R.I.P. 4 months 1 day ago #288315

  • Sherman, Sheridan & Grant
  • Sherman, Sheridan & Grant's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 2233
  • Thank you received: 321

Beast of the East wrote: To some extent I preferred the early days of women's basketball when great players emerged from tiny schools and tore it up. They played for schools like Immaculata and other small places.



Old Dominion, Louisiana Tech
Before blue chip, high stakes recruiting... more parity- more fun - more opportunity for local everyday schools - like the men Texas Western...let me think...
Loyola ILL, San Francisco, CCNY,
Holy Cross, Utah, LaSalle
Now dominated by say a mere ten schools
Not so great.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Sherman, Sheridan & Grant.

Anne Donovan R.I.P. 4 months 22 hours ago #288321

  • fuchsia
  • fuchsia's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 1183
  • Thank you received: 74

Sherman, Sheridan & Grant wrote:

Beast of the East wrote: To some extent I preferred the early days of women's basketball when great players emerged from tiny schools and tore it up. They played for schools like Immaculata and other small places.



Old Dominion, Louisiana Tech
Before blue chip, high stakes recruiting... more parity- more fun - more opportunity for local everyday schools - like the men Texas Western...let me think...
Loyola ILL, San Francisco, CCNY,
Holy Cross, Utah, LaSalle
Now dominated by say a mere ten schools
Not so great.


LIU

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Anne Donovan R.I.P. 4 months 17 hours ago #288347

  • Logen
  • Logen's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 2508
  • Thank you received: 394

Tonyinfairfield wrote: She was so young. Quite a career in her short time here on earth. RIP, Anne.


And probably the greatest thing that can be said about any successful person, she was a much nicer person than she was a success. Just a truly genuine nice person. She will be missed by many.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chicago Days

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Page:
  • 1
Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorth

ATTENTION:

Major updates were made to the servers / software hosting redmen.com. There was also one significant change to the website this week to address keeping up with current standards and practices.

It has now become standard practice for all websites to be served as https (as opposed to the original http).


A couple of years ago I enabled https on the site as optional but as of today, the site is forcing https. Any link coming into the site should be automatically converted on the fly and you should not have to do anything on your end.

However if you do notice recent problems, please contact me directly via email: webmaster@redmen.com or via private message on the site.


Also if you have forgotten your username and/or password here are two links to address that (the links only work if you are not currently logged in):

forgot username:

forgot password:


Please consider a recurring monthly contribution.
Help Support Redmen.com
Thank you, Paul