Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Mike Repole Belmont Piece

Mike Repole Belmont Piece 4 months 1 week ago #288027

  • OLV72
  • OLV72's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 1252
  • Thank you received: 191

Andrew wrote:

bobo wrote: Seems Repole is claiming there may have been some dirty horse play.

nypost.com/2018/06/10/belmont-controvers...e-a-justify-victory/


Repole also said Noble Indy was going to the lead but he couldn't get there. Vino Rosso had his shot and he came up way short. Sounds like a sore loser.



Not a good look when your horse runs 4th. I have not heard Gronkowski's owner complaining. He had the well rested horse that ran second best.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mike Repole Belmont Piece 4 months 1 week ago #288107

  • ghostzapper
  • ghostzapper's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 372
  • Thank you received: 66
Another great day at Belmont Park on Saturday. Although they have been unevenly spaced out I got to see my fifth Triple Crown winner of the 44 Belmont Stakes I have attended live.

While the race lacked the breathtaking performance of Secretariat or the stirring drama of the Affirmed / Alydar duel or even the seemingly eternal longing for it to happen when American Pharoah broke the 37 year Triple Crown drought, the race was really special nonetheless. There is nothing quite like the roar of a crowd of near one hundred thousand people watching a Triple Crown hopeful with the lead in the stretch of the Belmont.

That Justify who back on Valentine's Day had never even run a race could win the Triple Crown less than four months later is unprecedented and remarkable. Bob Baffert has done some amazing things as a trainer, but this ranks right up there with anything he has done. Hopefully his owners will give him an opportunity to build on his legacy because how Justify will be ultimately viewed by racing experts will depend on his post Triple Crown performances. Seattle Slew's super races as a four year old stamped him as an all-time great as much or more than anything he did up to and through the Triple Crown.

I have attached a few pictures of Justify that I took on Belmont Stakes day as well as one I took at the Preakness

As an aside after watching the replays of the Belmont I agree with Mike Repole that Florent Geroux's ride on Restoring Hope was very puzzling.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by ghostzapper.

Mike Repole Belmont Piece 4 months 1 week ago #288108

  • mjmaherjr
  • mjmaherjr's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 9970
  • Thank you received: 1667

ghostzapper wrote: Another great day at Belmont Park on Saturday. Although they have been unevenly spaced out I got to see my fifth Triple Crown winner of the 44 Belmont Stakes I have attended live.

While the race lacked the breathtaking performance of Secretariat or the stirring drama of the Affirmed / Alydar duel or even the seemingly eternal longing for it to happen when American Pharoah broke the 37 year Triple Crown drought, the race was really special nonetheless. There is nothing quite like the roar of a crowd of near one hundred thousand people watching a Triple Crown hopeful with the lead in the stretch of the Belmont.

That Justify who back on Valentine's Day had never even run a race could win the Triple Crown less than four months later is unprecedented and remarkable. Bob Baffert has done some amazing things as a trainer, but this ranks right up there with anything he has done. Hopefully his owners will give him an opportunity to build on his legacy because how Justify will be ultimately viewed by racing experts will depend on his post Triple Crown performances. Seattle Slew's super races as a four year old stamped him as an all-time great as much or more than anything he did up to and through the Triple Crown.

I have attached a few pictures of Justify that I took on Belmont Stakes day as well as one I took at the Preakness

As an aside after watching the replays of the Belmont I agree with Mike Repole that Florent Geroux's ride on Restoring Hope was very puzzling.

sorry we didnt get up to meet you. we were caught up in the moment and betting :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mike Repole Belmont Piece 4 months 1 week ago #288109

  • ghostzapper
  • ghostzapper's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 372
  • Thank you received: 66
Totally understandable!

We will make it happen another time (FYI I will be in attendance on Stars and Stripes Day and Travers day).

If it doesn't happen at the track then at CA or MSG for sure.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mike Repole Belmont Piece 4 months 1 week ago #288110

  • mjmaherjr
  • mjmaherjr's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 9970
  • Thank you received: 1667

ghostzapper wrote: Totally understandable!

We will make it happen another time (FYI I will be in attendance on Stars and Stripes Day and Travers day).

If it doesn't happen at the track then at CA or MSG for sure.

we are actually making plans now for after they get back from Saratoga so will definitely keep you in the loop

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mike Repole Belmont Piece 3 months 3 weeks ago #289469

  • fun
  • fun's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 1778
  • Thank you received: 134

fun wrote: Rule #1 of handicapping: always bet the Fun horse.

R7: Still Having Fun = $28 / 10.80 / 6.10

Congratulations winners.


#1 rule of handicapping: always bet the fun horse.

Monmouth Race 11

G1 United Nations 1 3/8 Miles Turf

Funtastic $ 48 / 15.80 / 8.60

Congratulations winners

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mike Repole Belmont Piece 3 months 3 weeks ago #289473

  • mjmaherjr
  • mjmaherjr's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 9970
  • Thank you received: 1667

fun wrote:

fun wrote: Rule #1 of handicapping: always bet the Fun horse.

R7: Still Having Fun = $28 / 10.80 / 6.10

Congratulations winners.


#1 rule of handicapping: always bet the fun horse.

Monmouth Race 11

G1 United Nations 1 3/8 Miles Turf

Funtastic $ 48 / 15.80 / 8.60

Congratulations winners

and one of my favorite horses several years ago. Funny Cide

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by mjmaherjr.
Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorth

ATTENTION:

Major updates were made to the servers / software hosting redmen.com. There was also one significant change to the website this week to address keeping up with current standards and practices.

It has now become standard practice for all websites to be served as https (as opposed to the original http).


A couple of years ago I enabled https on the site as optional but as of today, the site is forcing https. Any link coming into the site should be automatically converted on the fly and you should not have to do anything on your end.

However if you do notice recent problems, please contact me directly via email: webmaster@redmen.com or via private message on the site.


Also if you have forgotten your username and/or password here are two links to address that (the links only work if you are not currently logged in):

forgot username:

forgot password:


Please consider a recurring monthly contribution.
Help Support Redmen.com
Thank you, Paul