Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Around the Big East 18/19 1 year 11 months ago #361785

• NCJohnnie
  • Thank you received: 6730
Glad the Hall are playing tonight and on TV. I'll look forward to watching them and get an idea of how their new pieces fit. They look like they could be a really good team this year if they can get a consistent second/third scorer. Enjoyed reading the positive article on Hall in the Post today that Paultzman posted. Always good to see strong teams in BE especially after last year's disappointing season.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Around the Big East 18/19 1 year 11 months ago #361786

• SJU61982
  • Thank you received: 1412

NCJohnnie wrote: Glad the Hall are playing tonight and on TV. I'll look forward to watching them and get an idea of how their new pieces fit. They look like they could be a really good team this year if they can get a consistent second/third scorer. Enjoyed reading the positive article on Hall in the Post today that Paultzman posted. Always good to see strong teams in BE especially after last year's disappointing season.

Kevin Willard suspended for that game tonight, though I don't think it should make too much of a difference.

It's also a chance to scout one of our non-conference opponents, although I think they'll be in over their heads tonight.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NCJohnnie

Around the Big East 18/19 1 year 11 months ago #361819

• Logen
  • Thank you received: 2288
I like SHU but 4:15 into the game it is pretty much unwatchable. The Hall has already shot 10 free throws with 8 fouls called on Wagner. Comical..........

Around the Big East 18/19 1 year 11 months ago #361821

• Moose
  • Thank you received: 5816

Logen wrote: I like SHU but 4:15 into the game it is pretty much unwatchable. The Hall has already shot 10 free throws with 8 fouls called on Wagner. Comical..........

Good to see the refs are in mid season form from last year

Around the Big East 18/19 1 year 11 months ago #361827

• Mike Zaun
  • Thank you received: 1599
Saw several calls against Hall with guys literally just standing there. Real bad calls. Hall showing glimpses of being a potentially very good team but also making tons of mistakes lots of turnovers. This Wagner team is scrappy. The size on Hall is shocking...I didn't realize they had that much. They have several trees out there. The FSU kid is 7'2 255. Wagner getting some lucky shots I have no idea how they're making. Hall looks like they're playing too fast at times...if they let things develop more they have a massive size advantage and can eat them up inside.

Around the Big East 18/19 1 year 11 months ago #361839

• NCJohnnie
Powell, along with Obiagu & Mamu down low are going to be tough for a lot of teams to deal with this year. Hall is very deep. I expect them to be a top 15 team and would be surprised if they aren't BE regular season champs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, Moose

Around the Big East 18/19 1 year 11 months ago #361841

• Mike Zaun

NCJohnnie wrote: Powell, along with Obiagu & Mamu down low are going to be tough for a lot of teams to deal with this year. Hall is very deep. I expect them to be a top 15 team and would be surprised if they aren't BE regular season champs.

Their size is absurd. They have like 3 or 4 guys 6'10+

Around the Big East 18/19 1 year 11 months ago #361847

• NCJohnnie
Mike Zaun wrote: Their size is absurd. They have like 3 or 4 guys 6'10+

You got it Mike. Six guys on their roster listed at 6'9" or taller, two of them over 7 feet tall. Plus a few pretty good guards/wings in Powell, Cale, Rhoden & Nelson. I'd say pretty strong pressure on Willard to take this team to the Sweet Sixteen...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mike Zaun

Around the Big East 18/19 1 year 11 months ago #361849

• Mike Zaun

NCJohnnie wrote: Mike Zaun wrote: Their size is absurd. They have like 3 or 4 guys 6'10+

You got it Mike. Six guys on their roster listed at 6'9" or taller, two of them over 7 feet tall. Plus a few pretty good guards/wings in Powell, Cale, Rhoden & Nelson. I'd say pretty strong pressure on Willard to take this team to the Sweet Sixteen...

I just want to see a St. John's team in my lifetime with a monster like the FSU transfer with another decent big like Mush and some good guards. That's how you make a deep run in the tourney. Seems like sometimes we have decent bigs but no guards and other times we have no bigs but decent guards. We need balance.

Around the Big East 18/19 1 year 11 months ago #361850

• NCJohnnie
Despite all of Hall's size, Wagner is outrebounding them. Wagner a tougher team than I expected and have a couple of rotation players sitting tonight for some reason.

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight