TOPIC:

Around the Big East 18/19 1 year 11 months ago #360811

• redmannorth
  • Thank you received: 4848
Peter Yannopoulos
@PeteYannopoulos
·
14 Oct
Montreal’s Bennedict Mathurin is the #1 player in ?? for the 2021 class. He should lead our Canada U18
@CanBball
team this summer. Has a chance to be explosively scary at the next level. High major D1 player. Currently with the NBA Academy in Mexico. #RDS
@brookwoodelite
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chicago Days

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Around the Big East 18/19 1 year 11 months ago #360815

• Chicago Days
  • Thank you received: 3261

redmannorth wrote: Peter Yannopoulos
@PeteYannopoulos
·
14 Oct
Montreal’s Bennedict Mathurin is the #1 player in ?? for the 2021 class. He should lead our Canada U18
@CanBball
team this summer. Has a chance to be explosively scary at the next level. High major D1 player. Currently with the NBA Academy in Mexico. #RDS
@brookwoodelite

May I guess that Staff is 'on' any necessary flights to 'wherever'? Lol.

Around the Big East 18/19 1 year 11 months ago #360927

• Paultzman
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 26754
Providence over Purdue in scrimmage 60-53, defensive battle

Around the Big East 18/19 1 year 11 months ago #360948

• Paultzman
  • Away
Providence got its offense in gear just enough while maintaining the defensive intensity in a 60-53 closed-door scrimmage victory over Purdue. The Friars outscored the Boilermakers 37-25 in the second half after trailing 28-23 at the break.

Alpha Diallo led the Friars with 22 points on 7-of-14 shooting and 12 rebounds. The only other double-figure scorer for PC was Emmitt Holt (10 points).

Two PC players who had been battling injuries hit the court inside the Indiana Pacers’ practice facility. Maliek White (ankle) and Luwane Pipkins (hamstring) came off the bench to supply seven and five points,

www.pawtuckettimes.com/sports/pc-friars-...0d-47a29890707f.html

Around the Big East 18/19 1 year 11 months ago #360961

• otis
  • Thank you received: 1950
The scrimmage between Villanova and UNC lasted over 50 minutes on Sunday. Villanova won the first two segments (44-36 in a 20-minute half and 8-7 in a six-minute segment with just non-starters), while the Tar Heels won the final two periods (43-36 in a 20-minute half and 18-12 in an eight-minute period that featured zone defenses by both teams). Over the full 54 minutes of play, UNC shot 50.6 percent from the floor and made 9 of 25 three-pointers, out-rebounded Villanova, 49-47, and held Nova to 39.1 percent from the floor and 39.2 percent (20 of 51) from three-point range. Both teams turned the ball over 17 times.

Cole Anthony scores 28 points for UNC.

Villanova's Justin Moore made 9 of 12 three-pointers and led all scorers with 39 points.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chicago Days

Around the Big East 18/19 1 year 11 months ago #360965

• L J S A
  • Thank you received: 4546

Chicago Days wrote:

@PeteYannopoulos
·
14 Oct
@CanBball
@brookwoodelite

We have a super personable coach who really connects with kids -- just the type of guy a one-and-doner might want to spend his only college season with. I'd authorize as many 55-minute flights as possible if I were CMA's boss. We already know we'll save on cab fare after they land.;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, Chicago Days

Around the Big East 18/19 1 year 11 months ago #360967

• redmannorth
  • Thank you received: 4848

L J S A wrote:

Chicago Days wrote:

@PeteYannopoulos
·
14 Oct
@CanBball
@brookwoodelite

We have a super personable coach who really connects with kids -- just the type of guy a one-and-doner might want to spend his only college season with. I'd authorize as many 55-minute flights as possible if I were CMA's boss. We already know we'll save on cab fare after they land.;)

And meals and hotels. Joey T and DaShena have stayed in my home multiple times ( they never came together ). The only time Joey didn’t stay over was September 2018 when he was rehabbing from a torn ACL and could not walk all the stairs in my home.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bamafan, Amaseinyourface, L J S A, Chicago Days

Around the Big East 18/19 1 year 11 months ago #361066

• Paultzman
  • Away
Jay Wright tells me that he's still hopeful that Villanova freshman Bryan Antoine (shoulder) can return to practice in late November.
Rothstein

Around the Big East 18/19 1 year 11 months ago #361072

• NCJohnnie
  • Thank you received: 6730
painttouches.com/2019/10/28/top-50-playe...he-big-east-20-11-4/

A little much needed positive news today. LJ & Mustapha not named in latest rendition of top 50 BE players (this one is players 11-20). That means SJU only team to have 2 players in the top 10.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, Paultzman, SJU85, MJDinkins, panther2, Chicago Days

Around the Big East 18/19 1 year 11 months ago #361208

• Paultzman
  • Away
Per Jerry Carino

Kevin Willard will serve a two-game, university-implemented suspension---tonight’s exhibition against Misericordia and next Tuesday’s opener against Wagner---in response to an NCAA investigation into allegations of transfer tampering, Gannett New Jersey has learned.

Assistant coach Grant Billmeier will run the team during the two games. Willard will continue to run the 12th-ranked Hall’s practices between the two games

Zach B
Multiple sources: The Seton Hall trasnfer involved in the tampering investigation is Taurean Thompson. #shbb
Thompson has thus far proved to be high maintenance player, glad we lost out on him.

Last edit: by Paultzman.
Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight