Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Around the Big East 18/19

Around the Big East 18/19 5 months 16 hours ago #285126

  • Adam
  • Adam's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 1190
  • Thank you received: 120
Yeah, the Big East being down isn't a good thing. It'll just mean needing to win more games. I know the weird year we had this year is on all of our minds (excellent OOC results, terrible BE results), but that was just abnormal and doesn't make logical sense. Does anyone remember a year like this one where we were hurt by our conference results? I don't. I just remember years like the previous two where we were out of contention due to a poor OOC record.

You're far better off being in a 6/7 bid league rather than a 4. Next year could be a 4 bid year which would likely require us going at least 10-8 in conference.

Anyways, one of these years we gotta have a good year. I have a feeling this'll be the year.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Adam.

Around the Big East 18/19 5 months 8 hours ago #285145

  • MJDinkins
  • MJDinkins's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 7542
  • Thank you received: 433

Chicago Days wrote: Just looked up Kofi's and Jalen's rankings on Rivals.
Seems we get no respect.
Rivals doesn't list SJU in either Kofi's or Jalen's Top 5.
We're buried way down Kofi's list, but AZ State, Auburn, Cal, UCONN, FL State, G*Town are his Top 6.
Jalen's page may be dated, the only Major in his Top 5 is Florida.
Again, we're way down his list as well.
Bumming me out.
Hoping old info.


It's called alphabetical order. No need to be alarmed.

Listen to a handful of folks (Paultz, Happy, fordham, '72, a couple others, and occasionally, myself included) when it comes to pertinent info.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chicago Days

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by MJDinkins.

Around the Big East 18/19 5 months 4 hours ago #285171

  • Las Vegan
  • Las Vegan's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 393
  • Thank you received: 84
New coach at Xavier just got his second four-star recruit for '19 class. He already signed three quality grad transfers to fill out this coming year's roster. Amazing what hungry young coach and staff can accomplish in short order.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tom in Salem, richard A Steinfeld, JohnnyFan, NCJohnnie, Mike Zaun

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Around the Big East 18/19 5 months 4 hours ago #285172

  • Chicago Days
  • Chicago Days's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 2701
  • Thank you received: 1373

MJDinkins wrote:

Chicago Days wrote: Just looked up Kofi's and Jalen's rankings on Rivals.
Seems we get no respect.
Rivals doesn't list SJU in either Kofi's or Jalen's Top 5.
We're buried way down Kofi's list, but AZ State, Auburn, Cal, UCONN, FL State, G*Town are his Top 6.
Jalen's page may be dated, the only Major in his Top 5 is Florida.
Again, we're way down his list as well.
Bumming me out.
Hoping old info.


It's called alphabetical order. No need to be alarmed.

Listen to a handful of folks (Paultz, Happy, fordham, '72, a couple others, and occasionally, myself included) when it comes to pertinent info.


Thanks Dink.
Didnt notice that!
Got to lighten up!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Around the Big East 18/19 5 months 3 hours ago #285182

  • otis
  • otis's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 2337
  • Thank you received: 245

MJDinkins wrote: Listen to a handful of folks (Paultz, Happy, fordham, '72, a couple others, and occasionally, myself included) when it comes to pertinent info.


yeah, some of the above, but not all, but add in JPM and The Honorable Panther2.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Around the Big East 18/19 5 months 2 hours ago #285186

  • Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 18916
  • Thank you received: 5521
The following user(s) said Thank You: L J S A

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Paultzman.

Around the Big East 18/19 4 months 4 weeks ago #285209

  • Dan V
  • Dan V's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 296
  • Thank you received: 156
I am not so sure that the BE will be as down as people think.[/quote]

I agree, it wont be as good at the top but it will be deeper 1-10. Xavier hasnt missed a beat since Mack left and should still be top 2 with Villanova next season. Cooley will have Providence dancing again. Marquette on paper has enough talent to win the league next year. To me thats the top tier for next season; as things currently stand. After May 30th the picture should be much clearer. The decisions by Ponds, Spellman, DiVincenzo, Govan, and Strus will be huge for the league. Rosters like Creighton's, who recently lost Thomas to the draft, are far from set. 6-7 bids is my guess, the Big East is a top 3 conference along with the ACC and Big 12. That won't change next year. I think with Ponds back we are in that 5-7 range, which gives us a chance to earn a bid. Non conference schedule will be important because we will be in the middle of the pack in conference.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Around the Big East 18/19 4 months 4 weeks ago #285236

  • Tom in Salem
  • Tom in Salem's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Posts: 5075
  • Thank you received: 228

Dan V wrote: I am not so sure that the BE will be as down as people think.


I agree, it wont be as good at the top but it will be deeper 1-10. Xavier hasnt missed a beat since Mack left and should still be top 2 with Villanova next season. Cooley will have Providence dancing again. Marquette on paper has enough talent to win the league next year. To me thats the top tier for next season; as things currently stand. After May 30th the picture should be much clearer. The decisions by Ponds, Spellman, DiVincenzo, Govan, and Strus will be huge for the league. Rosters like Creighton's, who recently lost Thomas to the draft, are far from set. 6-7 bids is my guess, the Big East is a top 3 conference along with the ACC and Big 12. That won't change next year. I think with Ponds back we are in that 5-7 range, which gives us a chance to earn a bid. Non conference schedule will be important because we will be in the middle of the pack in conference.[/quote]

Xavier top 2?
They won't even dace this year.
WE ARE ONE YEAR AWAY FROM ARMAGEDDON.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Around the Big East 18/19 4 months 4 weeks ago #285251

  • Mike Zaun
  • Mike Zaun's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 544
  • Thank you received: 374

Chicago Days wrote:

MJDinkins wrote:

Chicago Days wrote: Just looked up Kofi's and Jalen's rankings on Rivals.
Seems we get no respect.
Rivals doesn't list SJU in either Kofi's or Jalen's Top 5.
We're buried way down Kofi's list, but AZ State, Auburn, Cal, UCONN, FL State, G*Town are his Top 6.
Jalen's page may be dated, the only Major in his Top 5 is Florida.
Again, we're way down his list as well.
Bumming me out.
Hoping old info.


It's called alphabetical order. No need to be alarmed.

Listen to a handful of folks (Paultz, Happy, fordham, '72, a couple others, and occasionally, myself included) when it comes to pertinent info.


Thanks Dink.
Didnt notice that!
Got to lighten up!


Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the letter "S" come before "U" as in UCONN in our alphabet?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Around the Big East 18/19 4 months 4 weeks ago #285254

  • Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 18916
  • Thank you received: 5521
Seton Hall picks up Florida State transfer Ike Obiagu. Seven footer
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tom in Salem

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorth

ATTENTION:

Major updates were made to the servers / software hosting redmen.com. There was also one significant change to the website this week to address keeping up with current standards and practices.

It has now become standard practice for all websites to be served as https (as opposed to the original http).


A couple of years ago I enabled https on the site as optional but as of today, the site is forcing https. Any link coming into the site should be automatically converted on the fly and you should not have to do anything on your end.

However if you do notice recent problems, please contact me directly via email: webmaster@redmen.com or via private message on the site.


Also if you have forgotten your username and/or password here are two links to address that (the links only work if you are not currently logged in):

forgot username:

forgot password:


Please consider a recurring monthly contribution.
Help Support Redmen.com
Thank you, Paul