Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Around the Big East 18/19 2 years 5 months ago #286228

  • Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 27630
  • Thank you received: 20795
Nice to have a winning program & the options that come with it;

@WriterLeader247
Villanova clearly is after a small forward very hard. 5-stars Josh Green and Scottie Lewis, 4-star Malik Hall all have offers and have heavy interest from the program. Not to mention 4-star Seth Lundy still carries heavy interest and the news of 4-star SF Saddiq Bey possible.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr, Chicago Days, NCJohnnie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Around the Big East 18/19 2 years 5 months ago #286232

  • Chicago Days
  • Chicago Days's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 5415
  • Thank you received: 3184

Paultzman wrote: Nice to have a winning program & the options that come with it;

@WriterLeader247
Villanova clearly is after a small forward very hard. 5-stars Josh Green and Scottie Lewis, 4-star Malik Hall all have offers and have heavy interest from the program. Not to mention 4-star Seth Lundy still carries heavy interest and the news of 4-star SF Saddiq Bey possible.


Got to tip the hat to classy success.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Around the Big East 18/19 2 years 5 months ago #286271

  • Logen
  • Logen's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 3479
  • Thank you received: 1965

Chicago Days wrote:

Paultzman wrote: Nice to have a winning program & the options that come with it;

@WriterLeader247
Villanova clearly is after a small forward very hard. 5-stars Josh Green and Scottie Lewis, 4-star Malik Hall all have offers and have heavy interest from the program. Not to mention 4-star Seth Lundy still carries heavy interest and the news of 4-star SF Saddiq Bey possible.


Got to tip the hat to classy success.


Dead horse time, agree completely. Nova was tres smart enough to not listen to their “fans” but rather gave Wright the time he needed to build to that “classy success”; it did not happen overnight.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Around the Big East 18/19 2 years 5 months ago #286272

  • Chicago Days
  • Chicago Days's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 5415
  • Thank you received: 3184

Logen wrote:

Chicago Days wrote:

Paultzman wrote: Nice to have a winning program & the options that come with it;

@WriterLeader247
Villanova clearly is after a small forward very hard. 5-stars Josh Green and Scottie Lewis, 4-star Malik Hall all have offers and have heavy interest from the program. Not to mention 4-star Seth Lundy still carries heavy interest and the news of 4-star SF Saddiq Bey possible.


Got to tip the hat to classy success.


Dead horse time, agree completely. Nova was tres smart enough to not listen to their “fans” but rather gave Wright the time he needed to build to that “classy success”; it did not happen overnight.[/quote

Exactly.
Jay Wright is a great coach and a GQ-personna.
But let us look at the video tape.
He was 19-13 his first year at Nova--which indicates he inherited a very good roster.
He was 33-33 his 2nd and 3rd years which means he was rebuilding.
And he did.
He then 'sailed' the next 7 years, recruiting and coaching well until he hiccuped in 2011-12 with a 13-19 record.
He has sailed to 2 national championships since.
A Hoops Demi-God.
Great.
Congrats to him.
My point is Mullin inherited less than zero his first year and it is tough recruiting from a ditch.
What surfaces for you may look impressive and stable, but it's difficult to focus lying face down in the mud.
Yes, I have issues with the Staff's structure
and the recruiting lethargy.
But we have a very talented roster with Ponds, and if Rice becomes our next A.C., it may well energize our recruiting.
If that happens, let's see what our record is over the next 7 years.
Let's see what 2018-19 brings.
Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Around the Big East 18/19 2 years 5 months ago #286410

  • fordham96
  • fordham96's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 2254
  • Thank you received: 2029
No shock Donte D staying in the draft.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, panther2, Tom in Salem, Sju grad 13

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Around the Big East 18/19 2 years 5 months ago #286579

  • Class of 72
  • Class of 72's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 8317
  • Thank you received: 3615

fordham96 wrote: No shock Donte D staying in the draft.


The reward for a great Villanova season where "team" comes first. It also sends a clear message to all those players who transfer at the drop of the hat because they worry about their hierarchy in the lineup. Donte became a first round pick a d was not a starter on a great team, TEAM not ME !
All characters and events depicted in this post are entirely fictitious. Any similarity to actual events or persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: JohnnyFan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Around the Big East 18/19 2 years 5 months ago #286661

  • Coaster
  • Coaster's Avatar
  • Away
  • Posts: 560
  • Thank you received: 123
Rothstein reports Omari Spellman staying in draft.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Around the Big East 18/19 2 years 5 months ago #286662

  • Tom in Salem
  • Tom in Salem's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Posts: 5075
  • Thank you received: 228

Coaster wrote: Rothstein reports Omari Spellman staying in draft.


Wow.
Villanova, Creighton and Xavier should be at the bottom of the conference this year.
WE ARE ONE YEAR AWAY FROM ARMAGEDDON.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Tom in Salem.

Around the Big East 18/19 2 years 5 months ago #286663

  • Windy City Johnny Fan
  • Windy City Johnny Fan's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 824
  • Thank you received: 742

Tom in Salem wrote:

Coaster wrote: Rothstein reports Omari Spellman staying in draft.


Wow.
Villanova, Creighton and Xavier should be at the bottom of the conference this year.


Villanova at the bottom of the conference? I think not.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JohnnyFan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Around the Big East 18/19 2 years 5 months ago #286668

  • Mike Zaun
  • Mike Zaun's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 2814
  • Thank you received: 1465
No way...Nova will still be top 5 at worst IMO. Coaching is too good. They have Gillespie to be the next big Nova guard. They really know how to identify talent and make it blend. Players at Nova are always progressing. They have a great system.

That being said, no reason we shouldn't be able to do as well or better than them next year.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight