Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Mullin

Mullin 6 months 1 week ago #280071

• Knight
  • Thank you received: 346

Class of 72 wrote: Perhaps Mullin finally sensing Matt's limitations.

A man's got to know his limitations.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bamafan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mullin 6 months 1 week ago #280114

• oldschool Redmen
  • Thank you received: 185

It hasn't happened yet.
Can we wait and see if it happens, this like a 5star kid that is going to come, but at the last minute he goes to KU.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tom in Salem

Mullin 6 months 1 week ago #280129

• Class of 72
  • Thank you received: 1751

oldschool Redmen wrote:

It hasn't happened yet.
Can we wait and see if it happens, this like a 5star kid that is going to come, but at the last minute he goes to KU.

The key word was "Perhaps".
All characters and events depicted in this post are entirely fictitious. Any similarity to actual events or persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. 

Mullin 6 months 1 week ago #280151

• Section3
  • Thank you received: 40

Or a bit of pressure, external or internal, to produce soon.

Mullin 6 months 1 week ago #280225

• Beast of the East
  • Thank you received: 1092
If additions to the staff do occur, perhaps he was asked to stand pat to help pay off Slice without incurring additional costs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frank61

Mullin 6 months 1 week ago #280227

• Class of 72
  • Thank you received: 1751

Beast of the East wrote: If additions to the staff do occur, perhaps he was asked to stand pat to help pay off Slice without incurring additional costs.

Does anyone know why we are still paying Slice?.. Anyone?
All characters and events depicted in this post are entirely fictitious. Any similarity to actual events or persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. 

Mullin 6 months 1 week ago #280228

• SI1996
  • Thank you received: 92

Just to be fair, and I do love your posts, not sure if this Matt's limitations or just the staff as a whole.

Mullin 6 months 1 week ago #280229

• richard A Steinfeld
  • Thank you received: 393

Class of 72 wrote:

Beast of the East wrote: If additions to the staff do occur, perhaps he was asked to stand pat to help pay off Slice without incurring additional costs.

Because he had a better lawyer than SJU.:)

Mullin 6 months 1 week ago #280231

• Beast of the East
  • Thank you received: 1092

Class of 72 wrote:

I'm going to take a while stab at this without knowing. Slice originally had a 5 or 6 year deal. When something like that gets terminated, usually the separation is not spelled out in great detail. Both sides then begin to negotiate that. Slice's attorneys likely begin at full value, immediate lump sum payment at 100% value, and a release to allow him to seek employment elsewhere. SJU begins with termination with cause and no payout. The school would then want any payout to be stretched over years, and likely want a discount on the full value. Going to guess that the payout, whether discounted or not, has been stretched over multiple years.

Just based on my experience with this stuff.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SJU85

Mullin 6 months 1 week ago #280232

• Mike Zaun
  • Thank you received: 375
Originally I was against the Rice hire given the negative publicity we would get, but honestly I think this program is in such desperation at a critical point that we have to do it if he is willing to come. If we don't, UConn will pair him with Hurley and we can kiss 90% of the top NYC area recruits goodbye. Hurley was the right hire at the time. We took a hail mary and it appears to have fallen in the end zone incomplete. I'd hate to see us lose another potential game changing coach to a rival. I just don't know if Matt A is worn out recruiting or if recruits are staying away because of our ugly record every year so far. Maybe both. Whatever the reason for all the failure is, we know it's not working and we need to do something to at least try and change course. We are so desperate for recruits that we need to hire Rice even if it's just to land a 5 star player or two. Ponds is possibly gone next year and definitely the following year. We need to go all out to try and win with him as the leader. If not, we just wasted 3 years of one of the best players we've ever had. I know it's probably way easier said than done, but I have a hard time believing we can't do anything.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redken

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorth

ATTENTION:

Major updates were made to the servers / software hosting redmen.com. There was also one significant change to the website this week to address keeping up with current standards and practices.

It has now become standard practice for all websites to be served as https (as opposed to the original http).

A couple of years ago I enabled https on the site as optional but as of today, the site is forcing https. Any link coming into the site should be automatically converted on the fly and you should not have to do anything on your end.

However if you do notice recent problems, please contact me directly via email: webmaster@redmen.com or via private message on the site.

Also if you have forgotten your username and/or password here are two links to address that (the links only work if you are not currently logged in):

forgot username:

forgot password:

Please consider a recurring monthly contribution.
Help Support Redmen.com
Thank you, Paul