Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Yankees - 2018

Yankees - 2018 5 months 4 weeks ago #281508

• Frank61
  • Thank you received: 176
The team will come together, there is an amazing amount of talent on it. The weather has been awful. Watch our pitchers as the weather gets warmer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Yankees - 2018 5 months 4 weeks ago #281553

• ctstorm
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 31

frank61 wrote: The team will come together, there is an amazing amount of talent on it. The weather has been awful. Watch our pitchers as the weather gets warmer.

Yes, it's early, but a split at home against a minor league team is not encouraging.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frank61

Yankees - 2018 5 months 4 weeks ago #281566

• section10
  • Thank you received: 52
well yesterday was a bad day. taxes due, boston wins, Toronto takes 2, yanks lose.
tanaka tanks. only andujar shows up.
its only april. its only april. its only april, but boston's lineup & star starters could mean wild card yanks. ugh.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frank61

Yankees - 2018 5 months 3 weeks ago #281689

• section10
  • Thank you received: 52
yesterday - boston/Toronto both win.

its april. its april. its april. but yanks /Toronto april series will go a long way in the wild card race outcome.
IMVHO. april series do matter.

Yankees - 2018 5 months 3 weeks ago #281707

• fuchsia
  • Thank you received: 74
Since many days 60 years ago spent walking to Ebbets Field I have been an anti-Yankee fan. The one season I relented (there were no alternatives at the time) I got to watch Roger Maris being booed as he broke Babe Ruth's HR record. Welcome to the Bronx, Mr. Stanton.

Yankees - 2018 5 months 3 weeks ago #281770

• oldschool Redmen
  • Thank you received: 185

section10 wrote: yesterday - boston/Toronto both win.

its april. its april. its april. but yanks /Toronto april series will go a long way in the wild card race outcome.
IMVHO. april series do matter.

Yeah, it's only April, but it's getting late, early. 6 1/2 behind boston who is 15-2 and didn't they lose their opening? So, 15 win in 16 games is unreal, plus they go to a hot Anaheim team, and won the first 2 games very easily.
Only question now is, will they match the 84 Detroit Tigers? 35-5, but I think they only won 105, you'd think a team like that win 120 games easily.
I was hoping 7-2 on the homestand but they would of had to sweep Fla.

And Stanton, 2 guys on in the 1st and hits into a dp, bases loaded in the 3rd and pops up behind 3rd.
2 more K's, yeah he might start hitting over the summer, but right now he looks like crap.
Lastly, thank god Judge won't be in the HR derby. 1st half 329, 30 HRs, 2nd half he K'd to much.
The kid is looking like the same guy from last years first half. No derby this year = no hurt shoulder, so no reason not to continue it in the 2nd half.
Can we take 3 of 4 from Toronto?

Yankees - 2018 5 months 3 weeks ago #281774

• Delaware
  • Thank you received: 58
Toronto coming in red hot, too. Concerned about the lack of fundamentals on this team. Defense has been horrible. Not sure Boone is the guy to light a fire under this team. Didn't like the Walker signing. He has proved to be shot.

Yankees - 2018 5 months 3 weeks ago #281791

• Knight
  • Knight's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 346
It's April.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moose

Yankees - 2018 5 months 3 weeks ago #281792

• Class of 72
  • Thank you received: 1751
I know that it's basketball off season but we have a BASEBALL section on this forum. I'm going to start soccer threads here soon!
All characters and events depicted in this post are entirely fictitious. Any similarity to actual events or persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: austour

Yankees - 2018 5 months 3 weeks ago #281833

• Knight
  • Knight's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 346

Class of 72 wrote: I know that it's basketball off season but we have a BASEBALL section on this forum. I'm going to start soccer threads here soon!

Oh, dry up. :silly:

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorth

ATTENTION:

Major updates were made to the servers / software hosting redmen.com. There was also one significant change to the website this week to address keeping up with current standards and practices.

It has now become standard practice for all websites to be served as https (as opposed to the original http).

A couple of years ago I enabled https on the site as optional but as of today, the site is forcing https. Any link coming into the site should be automatically converted on the fly and you should not have to do anything on your end.

However if you do notice recent problems, please contact me directly via email: webmaster@redmen.com or via private message on the site.

Also if you have forgotten your username and/or password here are two links to address that (the links only work if you are not currently logged in):

forgot username:

forgot password:

Please consider a recurring monthly contribution.
Help Support Redmen.com
Thank you, Paul