Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: NCAA Breakdown & Matchups

NCAA Breakdown & Matchups 9 months 1 day ago #276391

  • Room112
  • Room112's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 1654
  • Thank you received: 436
Downside to being in such a great conference like the big east is the teams beat each other up all year and prevent higher seeding. As a result 4 of our 6 are locked into the dreaded 8/9/10 seeds and will have a rough matchup second round.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr, redmanwest, BrookJersey Redmen, Chicago Days

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

NCAA Breakdown & Matchups 9 months 1 day ago #276392

  • mjmaherjr
  • mjmaherjr's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Posts: 10315
  • Thank you received: 1991

Room112 wrote: Downside to being in such a great conference like the big east is the teams beat each other up all year and prevent higher seeding. As a result 4 of our 6 are locked into the dreaded 8/9/10 seeds and will have a rough matchup second round.

Providence vs North Carolina potential second round in Charlotte.Ooofah

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

NCAA Breakdown & Matchups 9 months 1 day ago #276393

  • MJDinkins
  • MJDinkins's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 7642
  • Thank you received: 494

mjmaherjr wrote:

Room112 wrote: Downside to being in such a great conference like the big east is the teams beat each other up all year and prevent higher seeding. As a result 4 of our 6 are locked into the dreaded 8/9/10 seeds and will have a rough matchup second round.

Providence vs North Carolina potential second round in Charlotte.Ooofah


They played two years ago in the 2nd round.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

NCAA Breakdown & Matchups 9 months 1 day ago #276394

  • mjmaherjr
  • mjmaherjr's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Posts: 10315
  • Thank you received: 1991

MJDinkins wrote:

mjmaherjr wrote:

Room112 wrote: Downside to being in such a great conference like the big east is the teams beat each other up all year and prevent higher seeding. As a result 4 of our 6 are locked into the dreaded 8/9/10 seeds and will have a rough matchup second round.

Providence vs North Carolina potential second round in Charlotte.Ooofah


They played two years ago in the 2nd round.

I know. My Providence friends are freaking pissed right now. lol

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

NCAA Breakdown & Matchups 9 months 1 day ago #276395

  • sjc88
  • sjc88's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 1151
  • Thank you received: 240
Oklahoma lost 11 of there last 15. Bounced in the Opening Round of their Tournament and lost 2x to their in state rival who did not make the tourney. The NCAA is losing all credibility.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nycfan, mjmaherjr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

NCAA Breakdown & Matchups 9 months 1 day ago #276398

  • Enright
  • Enright's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 796
  • Thank you received: 166
Okla got in because of their stellar football season.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr, bamafan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

NCAA Breakdown & Matchups 9 months 1 day ago #276400

  • bamafan
  • bamafan's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 4884
  • Thank you received: 694

sjc88 wrote: Oklahoma lost 11 of there last 15. Bounced in the Opening Round of their Tournament and lost 2x to their in state rival who did not make the tourney. The NCAA is losing all credibility.

Does the committee watch any games during the season? Are they even college basketball fans? Maybe they are just tied to analytics.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

NCAA Breakdown & Matchups 9 months 1 day ago #276401

  • MJDinkins
  • MJDinkins's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 7642
  • Thank you received: 494

Enright wrote: Okla got in because of their stellar football season.


I think they got in due to their hot start, but mainly because of Trae Young. He's a heckuva player and, being a freshman, is a good story for the NCAA Tournament. It's somewhat of a "show."
The following user(s) said Thank You: L J S A

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by MJDinkins.

NCAA Breakdown & Matchups 9 months 1 day ago #276402

  • Porgyman
  • Porgyman's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 471
  • Thank you received: 37

MJDinkins wrote:

Enright wrote: Okla got in because of their stellar football season.


I think they got in due to their hot start, but mainly because of Trae Young. He's a heckuva player and, being a freshman, is a good story for the NCAA Tournament. It's somewhat of a "show."

Exactly. This was a bone tossed to CBS/TBS. A chance for increased ratings.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MJDinkins, bamafan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

NCAA Breakdown & Matchups 9 months 1 day ago #276403

  • SI1996
  • SI1996's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 1800
  • Thank you received: 136

mjmaherjr wrote: Ughh Syracuse gets in

I wonder if he gets his reach around before or after the selection.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorth

ATTENTION:Lurkers!

Login and See less ads - AUTOMATICALLY

the redmen.com audience is over 99% LURKERS. People that read the site but don't login or participate.

Logged in members automatically have less advertisements appear when viewing redmen.com. It seems only fair if you are taking advantage of the site but not contributing, you're gonna see more ads to help keep the site going, right?

If you are an existing member but have not logged in for a while and don't remember your login information, use the links below. It is important that you keep your email address current for this to work and if you no longer have access to your old email address, (or to report other problems) please contact me directly via handy "Contact" icon on the bottom right of the site. You can private message me on the site if you are logged in, but still need help.

If you signup as a new user, you will initially be limited to posting in the Rookie Forum. This is a get-to-know-you measure and a way to weed out spam and other malicious and inappropriate content.

If you want to see less ads, SIGNUP and LOGIN TODAY.


If you have forgotten your username and/or password here are two links to address that (the links only work if you are not currently logged in):

forgot username:

forgot password:


Please consider a recurring monthly contribution.
Help Support Redmen.com
Thank you, Paul