Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2018/19 Schedule

2018/19 Schedule 3 months 1 week ago #302201

  • Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar
  • Away
  • Posts: 21013
  • Thank you received: 9221
dombross@stjohns.edu

St. John’s Unveils Storm Watch Headquarters for 2018-19 Season

QUEENS, N.Y. (Nov. 15, 2018) – St. John’s Athletics is proud to announce the launch of Storm Watch Headquarters for the 2018-19 men’s basketball season. This initiative forms a network of partner bars and restaurants throughout the region that are designated as locations where all Red Storm fans can gather together to watch the Johnnies.

Storm Watch Headquarters will benefit fans that are looking for a place to catch the game in New York City when the team is on the road or when they are not able to make it out to Carnesecca Arena or Madison Square Garden. With more than a dozen partner locations spanning from Manhattan to eastern Queens, most local fans will now have a neighborhood destination to watch the Red Storm. Exclusive watch parties with free food and giveaways will be held at the Team Captain locations throughout the season.

For a full list of venues, including an interactive map, visit RedStormSports.com/SWHQ. For more information regarding the Storm Watch Headquarters contact Ridge McKnight at 646-257-9819 or via email at ridge.mcknight@img.com .
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joe, Coaster, capmaker, RedZone RedMen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2018/19 Schedule 3 months 6 days ago #302275

  • Room112
  • Room112's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 1898
  • Thank you received: 668

Paultzman wrote: dombross@stjohns.edu

St. John’s Unveils Storm Watch Headquarters for 2018-19 Season

QUEENS, N.Y. (Nov. 15, 2018) – St. John’s Athletics is proud to announce the launch of Storm Watch Headquarters for the 2018-19 men’s basketball season. This initiative forms a network of partner bars and restaurants throughout the region that are designated as locations where all Red Storm fans can gather together to watch the Johnnies.

Storm Watch Headquarters will benefit fans that are looking for a place to catch the game in New York City when the team is on the road or when they are not able to make it out to Carnesecca Arena or Madison Square Garden. With more than a dozen partner locations spanning from Manhattan to eastern Queens, most local fans will now have a neighborhood destination to watch the Red Storm. Exclusive watch parties with free food and giveaways will be held at the Team Captain locations throughout the season.

For a full list of venues, including an interactive map, visit RedStormSports.com/SWHQ. For more information regarding the Storm Watch Headquarters contact Ridge McKnight at 646-257-9819 or via email at ridge.mcknight@img.com .


Another great move by Cragg to drag the school out of the dinosaur era. Just for perspective since I'm a UConn grad and get the emails, UConn has been doing the same thing for many, many years now. They even have a UConn affiliated bar here in the city and host watch parties there.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2018/19 Schedule 3 months 6 days ago #302363

  • austour
  • austour's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 5071
  • Thank you received: 562
None of those are anywhere near me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2018/19 Schedule 3 months 5 days ago #302710

  • Manhattan1
  • Manhattan1's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 713
  • Thank you received: 133
There will be a bar in Garden City announced shortly!
The following user(s) said Thank You: cappy105, Knight

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2018/19 Schedule 1 month 3 weeks ago #309827

  • Las Vegan
  • Las Vegan's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 477
  • Thank you received: 136

austour wrote: None of those are anywhere near me.


Then, you'll just have to move.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2018/19 Schedule 1 month 2 weeks ago #311461

  • Room112
  • Room112's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 1898
  • Thank you received: 668
RealtimeRPI has our projected end of season Strength of Schedule at 59. We all know our out of conference was soft for the most part, but that's not too bad on paper.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2018/19 Schedule 1 month 2 weeks ago #311473

  • austour
  • austour's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 5071
  • Thank you received: 562

Room112 wrote: RealtimeRPI has our projected end of season Strength of Schedule at 59. We all know our out of conference was soft for the most part, but that's not too bad on paper.


Duke is really helping that obviously But it does still put STJ closer to Gtown and Depaul than the rest of the conference. Most other teams are projected in the top 35 and as high as 11, except Marquette, which I find odd in that they have already played 4 top 15 teams OOC. I'm guessing their system does not project Buffalo, K State, Louisville, and either Indiana or Wisconsin to stay that high.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2018/19 Schedule 1 month 2 weeks ago #311548

  • Marillac
  • Marillac's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 5160
  • Thank you received: 793

Room112 wrote: RealtimeRPI has our projected end of season Strength of Schedule at 59. We all know our out of conference was soft for the most part, but that's not too bad on paper.


That's what some of us have been saying all year. This team needed some time to build. Beat Duke and nobody will mention the OOC again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2018/19 Schedule 3 weeks 5 days ago #317701

  • postell25
  • postell25's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 284
  • Thank you received: 27
Seems like a good time for this topic to get a bump. Said from the start but everyone had their rose colored glasses on. With our non-conference schedule we couldn't afford more than 5 Big East losses and now with how brutally coached this team is, there is no chance we don't exceed that. To boot, two of those losses came to teams at home that we couldn't afford to lose to. I'm happy for you if you were able to enjoy the first half of the season not recognizing the black cloud that was hanging over this year from game one but it's here. We've gotten to the point where we shrug our shoulders and say, "It's Big East Tournament or Bust" the rest of the way.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2018/19 Schedule 3 weeks 5 days ago #317731

  • Jack Williams
  • Jack Williams's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 5102
  • Thank you received: 645

postell25 wrote: Seems like a good time for this topic to get a bump. Said from the start but everyone had their rose colored glasses on. With our non-conference schedule we couldn't afford more than 5 Big East losses and now with how brutally coached this team is, there is no chance we don't exceed that. To boot, two of those losses came to teams at home that we couldn't afford to lose to. I'm happy for you if you were able to enjoy the first half of the season not recognizing the black cloud that was hanging over this year from game one but it's here. We've gotten to the point where we shrug our shoulders and say, "It's Big East Tournament or Bust" the rest of the way.


The idea that we needed to go 13-5 in big east play is just.... well... bullshit.

As of today we are squarely on the bubble.

Before tip off today we were in 100% of projected brackets. Loss hurts... but it is not BET or bust. Not yet. If we win at creighton we will surely be in 100% of brackets still.

Listen I understand completely if people are upset about the loss and don’t think see us winning some upcoming games, I don’t either. But don’t pretend we can’t still secure an at large. Just not true

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthKnight

Follow redmen.com on Twitter



ATTENTION:Lurkers!

Login and See less ads - AUTOMATICALLY

Logged in members automatically have less advertisements appear when viewing redmen.com.


Please consider a recurring monthly contribution.
Help Support Redmen.com
Thank you, Paul