Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: NIT Bracketology - St John's In

NIT Bracketology - St John's In 9 months 2 days ago #276427

• BrookJersey Redmen
  • Thank you received: 45
I always thought the NIT had an iron clad rule, no team gets in with an overall record that is not at least one game over .500?

If so, why the interest here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

NIT Bracketology - St John's In 9 months 2 days ago #276430

• redmen1969
  • Thank you received: 0
A few years ago we paid around 30k or so to be in tournament for teams that didn't make the NIT. IMHO that was the low point for the dignity of our program.

Glad to see that's behind us.

NIT Bracketology - St John's In 9 months 2 days ago #276431

• Sherman, Sheridan & Grant
  • Thank you received: 421

BrookJersey Redmen wrote: I always thought the NIT had an iron clad rule, no team gets in with an overall record that is not at least one game over .500?

wishful thinking
The following user(s) said Thank You: redken

NIT Bracketology - St John's In 9 months 2 days ago #276436

• Andrew
  • Thank you received: 444
The shame in it all is that we fit with all the teams in the NIT. Certainly not saying we would win but don't see anybody in there we can't play with. Feel the same way about some of the NCAA team like Syracuse, Oklahoma and Arizona State who will already did.

Last edit: by Andrew.

NIT Bracketology - St John's In 9 months 2 days ago #276441

• Adam
  • Thank you received: 215

BrookJersey Redmen wrote: I always thought the NIT had an iron clad rule, no team gets in with an overall record that is not at least one game over .500?

That rule was eliminated about a decade ago, but still no team with a losing record has made it.

I thought we'd be in with one more win. For example, if we beat Providence then we'd be 16-16 (D1) with a far better RPI.

I don't feel upset about not making the NIT, but it does make me a lot more anxious for next year to hurry up and start.

Last edit: by Adam.

NIT Bracketology - St John's In 9 months 2 days ago #276490

• GCJohnnie
  • Thank you received: 0
Please add Iona to the list!

NIT Bracketology - St John's In 9 months 2 days ago #276507

• jerseyshorejohnny
  • Thank you received: 577
The following user(s) said Thank You: Class of 72

NIT Bracketology - St John's In 9 months 1 day ago #276550

• Class of 72
  • Thank you received: 2110

jerseyshorejohnny wrote: Interesting read about St. Mary's:

www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/new...t&utm_medium=twitter

Shameful of the NCAA to leave them out.

It's time to expand the selection by forcing all conferences rated below the top 10 to play against each other in play in games.
All characters and events depicted in this post are entirely fictitious. Any similarity to actual events or persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. 

Last edit: by Class of 72.

NIT Bracketology - St John's In 9 months 1 day ago #276554

• Enright
  • Thank you received: 166
Like Class of 72 I would love to see changes in the selection of the bottom low mid majors. Perhaps eliminate the post season league playoffs which no one attends and use that week to take the top one or two regular season finishers from the bottle mid major twenty or so leagues and have these teams compete for some eight or ten slots eliminating the current eight 15 and 16 seeds who have very little shot of winning a game ( eight in about two hundred games.
You would eliminate the current NCAA play in games, reward the mid major regular season champs , substitute a tournament of mid major champs from the various leagues for the current league tournaments which seem to draw less people than high school games and allow teams that finish last in their league to get a bid.
The current mid major tournaments are supposedly played to make the leagues money. Whenever I turn one on the stands are empty but if the leagues suffer a loss there is so much money in the tournament the NCAA could easily pay the leagues for any money lost.
You would have some eight more bids for the top fifteen or so leagues which I don't think is important but I would like to cut those bottom mid major bids who just can't compete.

NIT Bracketology - St John's In 9 months 1 day ago #276555

• Beast of the East
  • Thank you received: 1303

Class of 72 wrote:

jerseyshorejohnny wrote: Interesting read about St. Mary's:

www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/new...t&utm_medium=twitter

Shameful of the NCAA to leave them out.

It's time to expand the selection by forcing all conferences rated below the top 10 to play against each other in play in games.

There will always be doubt among bubble teams, who are often better than mid major conference champions. Perhaps an expansion of play in games where mid major conference champions have to play against at large bubble teams. Opening that up to 8 Conference champions vs. 8 bubble teams in play ins would allow for the 16-1 and 15-2 games in each bracket to be more competitive. If a conference champion deserves to be in the main brackets they will prove it by beating a bubble team.

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorth

ATTENTION:Lurkers!

Login and See less ads - AUTOMATICALLY

the redmen.com audience is over 99% LURKERS. People that read the site but don't login or participate.

Logged in members automatically have less advertisements appear when viewing redmen.com. It seems only fair if you are taking advantage of the site but not contributing, you're gonna see more ads to help keep the site going, right?

If you are an existing member but have not logged in for a while and don't remember your login information, use the links below. It is important that you keep your email address current for this to work and if you no longer have access to your old email address, (or to report other problems) please contact me directly via handy "Contact" icon on the bottom right of the site. You can private message me on the site if you are logged in, but still need help.

If you signup as a new user, you will initially be limited to posting in the Rookie Forum. This is a get-to-know-you measure and a way to weed out spam and other malicious and inappropriate content.

If you want to see less ads, SIGNUP and LOGIN TODAY.

If you have forgotten your username and/or password here are two links to address that (the links only work if you are not currently logged in):

forgot username:

forgot password:

Please consider a recurring monthly contribution.
Help Support Redmen.com
Thank you, Paul