Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: NCAA corruption case poised to take down Hall of Fame coaches, top programs

NCAA corruption case poised to take down Hall of Fame coaches, top programs 7 months 3 weeks ago #273650

• Dan V
  • Thank you received: 156

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

NCAA corruption case poised to take down Hall of Fame coaches, top programs 7 months 3 weeks ago #273663

• Mean Gene

RedStormNC wrote: Shaq's son just decommitted from Arizona.....

A power forward

www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/sto...dcats-amid-fbi-probe

I was just going to post about this RedstormNC. Does either Mully or Mitch have relationship with Dad???

NCAA corruption case poised to take down Hall of Fame coaches, top programs 7 months 3 weeks ago #273664

• Mean Gene
So Miller will not coach tonight but the player who he was giving the ok to get paid on the wiretap Dandre Ayton is allowed to play?? Miles Bridges is playing also.

NCAA corruption case poised to take down Hall of Fame coaches, top programs 7 months 3 weeks ago #273665

• Class of 72
  • Thank you received: 1762

Knight wrote: Zachary reports
Chris Mullin said he isn't concerned scandal will include St. John's at some point. #sjubb

Mullin has no clue how to "buy" talent. He banished the only guy on staff that had any experience in that area according to Logen,;)
All characters and events depicted in this post are entirely fictitious. Any similarity to actual events or persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: austour, mjmaherjr

NCAA corruption case poised to take down Hall of Fame coaches, top programs 7 months 3 weeks ago #273704

• L J S A
  • Thank you received: 1153

Class of 72 wrote: Mullin has no clue how to "buy" talent. He banished the only guy on staff that had any experience in that area according to Logen,;)

Logen isn't wrong.
The following user(s) said Thank You: austour, redmannorth, redken, Tom in Salem

NCAA corruption case poised to take down Hall of Fame coaches, top programs 7 months 3 weeks ago #273729

• gman
  • Thank you received: 215

billthetruth wrote: Respectfully disagree GMAN. Miller ain’t only big time coach on wiretaps. FBI has NCAA by the balls in vice grip.

Many big time programs face a lot of trouble

Wire taped recording don’t lie. Ask mafia. That makes all the rats jump ship

A lot of coaches are going to be singing to try to save their own butts

We aren’t disagreeing. I said it would only be a big deal if they had proof the coaches knew otherwise it would be slaps on the wrist for schools who could plead ignorance.

NCAA corruption case poised to take down Hall of Fame coaches, top programs 7 months 3 weeks ago #273731

• Sherman, Sheridan & Grant
  • Thank you received: 327

Paultzman wrote: Seton Hall is hiring outside firm to conduct internal investigation

Strange fallouts for Seton Hall?

Maybe they will have to relinguish their 2017-18 Ws and then, wow, we get two more Ws in return I suppose!
We unexpectedly become 15-13 and tourney bound lol

NCAA corruption case poised to take down Hall of Fame coaches, top programs 7 months 3 weeks ago #273732

• Sherman, Sheridan & Grant
  • Thank you received: 327

gman wrote:

billthetruth wrote: Respectfully disagree GMAN. Miller ain’t only big time coach on wiretaps. FBI has NCAA by the balls in vice grip.

Many big time programs face a lot of trouble

Wire taped recording don’t lie. Ask mafia. That makes all the rats jump ship

A lot of coaches are going to be singing to try to save their own butts

We aren’t disagreeing. I said it would only be a big deal if they had proof the coaches knew otherwise it would be slaps on the wrist for schools who could plead ignorance.

AND there are other sneaker companies yet to step up to the FBI plate with more runners, agents, coaches, kids and wiretaps. Who sang “ We’ve Only Just Begun”???
( Was it Karen Carpenter RIP )

The Sean Millers and Rick Pitinos of the world must be sooo smug and brazen that they continue to sleep well at night and continue to deny, deny, deny... maybe the Russians and Chinese hacked and fabricated the FBI wiretaps,
Yeah right :silly:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chicago Days

(MSG) Seton Hall, Sat. Feb. 24, 12 NOON, FOX/570AM 7 months 3 weeks ago #273733

• panther2
  • Thank you received: 645

Paul Massell wrote: Of this newest list I wonder how much of it actually indicts the schools since I assume these "loans" are based upon the players getting a professional contract.

Paul, here is what the average person does not understand. Calapari and other coaches have been encouraging recruits to hook up with agents so that they can claim ignorance when the dam breaks. Miller only got caught because it is on tape..

I went to the St. Johns/Kentucky game in Lexington during Lavin's second year, when Dunlap was coaching. In the restaurant before the game, damn near every Kentucky players' family and girlfriends were there being entertained by Worldwide Wes. Now, I am not a genius, but I know all of these people could not afford to make this trip in the middle of the week. This has been going on for a very long time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Massell, Moon Mullen, Paultzman, mjmaherjr, Frank61, Class of 72, Tom in Salem, Knight, Chicago Days, NCJohnnie

Last edit: by panther2. Reason: inclusion

(MSG) Seton Hall, Sat. Feb. 24, 12 NOON, FOX/570AM 7 months 3 weeks ago #273747

• Paul Massell
  • Thank you received: 629

panther2 wrote:

Paul Massell wrote: Of this newest list I wonder how much of it actually indicts the schools since I assume these "loans" are based upon the players getting a professional contract.

Paul, here is what the average person does not understand. Calapari and other coaches have been encouraging recruits to hook up with agents so that they can claim ignorance when the dam breaks. Miller only got caught because it is on tape..

I went to the St. Johns/Kentucky game in Lexington during Lavin's second year, when Dunlap was coaching. In the restaurant before the game, damn near every Kentucky players' family and girlfriends were there being entertained by Worldwide Wes. Now, I am not a genius, but I know all of these people could not afford to make this trip in the middle of the week. This has been going on for a very long time.

Kind of ironic that Miller doesn't coach against Oregon who on scale (Nike money) might be the dirtiest program of all yet look like they are on the side of the angels in this moment against AZ. Almost seems like this is all a Nike conspiracy to take down Adidas via the FBI. Wes is a Nike friend.
“Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frank61, panther2, romiSJU, Tom in Salem, Chicago Days

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorth

ATTENTION:

Major updates were made to the servers / software hosting redmen.com. There was also one significant change to the website this week to address keeping up with current standards and practices.

It has now become standard practice for all websites to be served as https (as opposed to the original http).

A couple of years ago I enabled https on the site as optional but as of today, the site is forcing https. Any link coming into the site should be automatically converted on the fly and you should not have to do anything on your end.

However if you do notice recent problems, please contact me directly via email: webmaster@redmen.com or via private message on the site.

Also if you have forgotten your username and/or password here are two links to address that (the links only work if you are not currently logged in):

forgot username:

forgot password:

Please consider a recurring monthly contribution.
Help Support Redmen.com
Thank you, Paul