Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Potential Grad Transfers

Potential Grad Transfers 9 months 3 weeks ago #272680

• Room112
  • Thank you received: 436

L J S A wrote:

Room112 wrote:
If you attempt to push Owens or Clark to a bench role, then there are two possibilities who could themselves look to go the grad transfer route. It also doesn't make sense that Keita would sit out a year to come off of the bench, so there's another name you might have to pencil into the starting lineup.

Who is Keita beating out, though? I think he realizes he's not starting unless something dramatic happens. If he plays well, he's a two-year starter after that.

What do you envision the starting lineup being next year? If everyone is back, I don't see how it's not Ponds, Simon, Clark, Owens and Keita.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tom in Salem, alexander salem

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Potential Grad Transfers 9 months 3 weeks ago #272681

• alexander salem
  • Thank you received: 85

Room112 wrote:

L J S A wrote:

Room112 wrote:
If you attempt to push Owens or Clark to a bench role, then there are two possibilities who could themselves look to go the grad transfer route. It also doesn't make sense that Keita would sit out a year to come off of the bench, so there's another name you might have to pencil into the starting lineup.

Who is Keita beating out, though? I think he realizes he's not starting unless something dramatic happens. If he plays well, he's a two-year starter after that.

What do you envision the starting lineup being next year? If everyone is back, I don't see how it's not Ponds, Simon, Clark, Owens and Keita.

I agree, with Ahmed leaving either Dixon or Keita will start. One lineup could be the Tallest we've had in a while. The other would be extremely versatile by adding another ball handling guard in Dixon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dan V

Potential Grad Transfers 9 months 3 weeks ago #272690

• Brellstorm
  • Brellstorm's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 26
No one really mentioning Williams playing a key part in rotation. Visualize a Postell type of role
The following user(s) said Thank You: cappy105

Potential Grad Transfers 9 months 3 weeks ago #272692

• RedStormRising2
  • Thank you received: 120
The one problem I don't image we will have is lack of available minutes.

Potential Grad Transfers 9 months 3 weeks ago #272693

• NCJohnnie
  • Thank you received: 1720
I wouldn't be surprised if starting lineup is Ponds, Simon, Dixon, Owens & Clark with Keita first guy off the bench, but important thing is both Dixon & Keita should see major minutes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew, L J S A, Dan V

Potential Grad Transfers 9 months 3 weeks ago #272694

• redmannorth
  • Thank you received: 710

Brellstorm wrote: No one really mentioning Williams playing a key part in rotation. Visualize a Postell type of role

Very hard to determine what the starting line up will be. One thing is for sure that it would be foolish for Clark and Owens not to be convinced they will have starter minutes next season as they would be eligible to transfer. Ponds and Simon will start so Mullin will decide whether to go small with Dixon and have Simon play a point forward or go big with Keita starting. Either way I see all 4 new comers getting at least 15 minutes per game. We are in a good situation going forward.
Keita, Roberts, Williams and Dixon > Ahmed and AA. Much greater imho.
The following user(s) said Thank You: L J S A, Chicago Days

Potential Grad Transfers 9 months 3 weeks ago #272695

• Brellstorm
  • Brellstorm's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 26
Do we think Yakwe hangs around? Trimble in line for some minutes. Ideally would like to add one more Govan type size.

Potential Grad Transfers 9 months 3 weeks ago #272697

• Paultzman
  • Thank you received: 6944

Brellstorm wrote: Do we think Yakwe hangs around? Trimble in line for some minutes. Ideally would like to add one more Govan type size.

No on Yakwe
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chicago Days, NCJohnnie

Potential Grad Transfers 9 months 3 weeks ago #272698

• Andrew
  • Thank you received: 433
If they are all back the core four (Ponds,Simon,Clark and Owens would almost definitely start). We obviously have a rebounding deficiency and can use another shooter on the court as well. Like Redmannorth said we have to develop a nice rotation amongst Dixon, Keita, Williams, Roberts, Diakite and Trimble. We sill have two open scholarships(three if Yawke leads) and could certainly use another kid that could play next season. I wouldn't be against a strong transfer who could help us in two years but that can't be the first priority.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman

Potential Grad Transfers 9 months 3 weeks ago #272703

• Chicago Days
  • Thank you received: 1472
Curious we’re still pursuing Jordan Brown. Wonder if the staff knows something we don’t know.?

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorth

ATTENTION:Lurkers!

Login and See less ads - AUTOMATICALLY

the redmen.com audience is over 99% LURKERS. People that read the site but don't login or participate.

Logged in members automatically have less advertisements appear when viewing redmen.com. It seems only fair if you are taking advantage of the site but not contributing, you're gonna see more ads to help keep the site going, right?

If you are an existing member but have not logged in for a while and don't remember your login information, use the links below. It is important that you keep your email address current for this to work and if you no longer have access to your old email address, (or to report other problems) please contact me directly via handy "Contact" icon on the bottom right of the site. You can private message me on the site if you are logged in, but still need help.

If you signup as a new user, you will initially be limited to posting in the Rookie Forum. This is a get-to-know-you measure and a way to weed out spam and other malicious and inappropriate content.

If you want to see less ads, SIGNUP and LOGIN TODAY.

If you have forgotten your username and/or password here are two links to address that (the links only work if you are not currently logged in):

forgot username:

forgot password:

Please consider a recurring monthly contribution.
Help Support Redmen.com
Thank you, Paul