Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2017-18 Transfers

2017-18 Transfers 4 months 1 week ago #288183

• NCJohnnie
  • Thank you received: 1307
As much as I would have liked a second big, just in case, we don't have room . Time to move on.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chicago Days

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Want a New Center for 2018-19? 4 months 1 week ago #288186

• Class of 72
  • Thank you received: 1768
ADR would still be on defense while our current athletes would be on offense in the current system. We don't play the game slow enough for ADR torn ACL or not. Do you expect someone to pick up his grad school tab for him to "walk on"?
I certainly wouldn't object if that were the case but Mully plays a very fast NBA paced style and ADR is just not athletic enough.
All characters and events depicted in this post are entirely fictitious. Any similarity to actual events or persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. 

2017-18 Transfers 4 months 1 week ago #288188

• gonzalo
  • Thank you received: 82

Mike Zaun wrote:

Windy City Johnny Fan wrote: His history of being out of shape and coming off a torn ACL a really bad combination me thinks

He was out of shape with us but since he has lost a ton of weight from what I remember. Tearing an ACL is obviously a major injury, but at this point could we really turn down a potentially solid big man? We need the big depth that bad. I'd look into it and see how he's recovering and if it seems it significantly impacts his play. If he's at 80% or better I'd still take the chance with him.

www.kentstatesports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=9966

Look at the photos.

2017-18 Transfers 4 months 1 week ago #288189

• Knight
  • Thank you received: 346
Pass on ADL.

2017-18 Transfers 4 months 1 week ago #288191

• Section9
  • Thank you received: 199

Mike Zaun wrote:

Paultzman wrote: Kent State’s Adonis De La Rosa plans to transfer, source confirmed to me. Averaged 11.8 points and 7.6 boards and will be grad transfer. Will be interesting to see who takes him since he tore ACL in March.
Per Goodman

Very interesting...too bad we don't have a scholly to offer...he lost weight he was supposed to while he was here and seemed to be a solid big man for Kent State. Considering how desperate we are for big bodies, I'd take a chance on him if possible.

So, in your head-long pursuit of a big, even one with a serious injury, who on the squad are you willing to throw under the bus to bring back ADL?
The following user(s) said Thank You: IDRAFT

Last edit: by Section9. Reason: bad juju

2017-18 Transfers 4 months 1 week ago #288197

• Mike Zaun
  • Thank you received: 377

gonzalo wrote:

Mike Zaun wrote:

Windy City Johnny Fan wrote: His history of being out of shape and coming off a torn ACL a really bad combination me thinks

He was out of shape with us but since he has lost a ton of weight from what I remember. Tearing an ACL is obviously a major injury, but at this point could we really turn down a potentially solid big man? We need the big depth that bad. I'd look into it and see how he's recovering and if it seems it significantly impacts his play. If he's at 80% or better I'd still take the chance with him.

www.kentstatesports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=9966

Look at the photos.

Looks way lighter than he was with us here
www.dominicanosenbasket.com/2014/11/ncaa...-de-universidad.html

I'd also sacrifice a guard and you probably know who but I won't say it. Again, of course you'd have to watch him closely first and make sure he can hang at all. If he looks way too slow then forget it. One thing is for sure though he lost tons of weight after he left us.

2017-18 Transfers 4 months 1 week ago #288199

• L J S A
  • Thank you received: 1153
There were rumors that ADLR and his brother attacked Obekpa(?) in the shower here before he transferred, which would probably keep him from returning even if he was skinny and had two good knees, and we were willing to eject a player in June or later to make room.
The following user(s) said Thank You: austour, redmannorth, Room112, Paultzman, IDRAFT, Tom in Salem

2017-18 Transfers 4 months 1 week ago #288230

• redmannorth
  • Thank you received: 564

Mike Zaun wrote:

And who is this potentially solid big man.

What we do know is:
1. He is big.
2. Just had a terrible injury and in all probability will not start jogging for another few months.
3. In the best of shape he was ever in it just did not suit the running style Coach wishes to play.
4. Don't know the full details of what transpired in the locker room but it was ugly and lucky for him no criminal changes were filed.
5. Will stick with the outstanding rebounding guards we have in Ponds and Simon and hopefully Heron.
I have no trouble passing on ADR.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redken, Frank61, Chicago Days, NCJohnnie

2017-18 Transfers 4 months 1 week ago #288238

• Chicago Days
  • Thank you received: 1387
The roster is 'set' imo & we lucked out big time with the BD for MH trade.
If Mustapha is eligible next season, we'll be fine w/o that 2nd big. Figgy will also be a difference maker in my view.
Plus, at this point, we'd resemble the programs we all detest to throw somebody off schollie at this late date.
Let the games begin & by all means, Let's Go Johnnies!
The following user(s) said Thank You: JackofVirginia, IDRAFT, NCJohnnie

2017-18 Transfers 4 months 1 week ago #288244

• usguard
  • Thank you received: 131
I Would pass on ADR , YES HE LOST WAIT but when he was here virtually gave us nothing.THE ACL INJURY is and could be a future problem.I say if we need a big which I do not think we do,than lets get a big that fits the run and gun style coach wants to play' He was slow back then and mo usually speed does not always go with wait loss. WE now have a very good shooting team which also seems to have good defenders at all positions We need to develop our system plays as one and we will do great next yr. There is still going to be very good teams in our league. It is not going to be a easy but we will be in all games and hopefully win most. HOPE COACH 'S game has improved
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorth

ATTENTION:

Major updates were made to the servers / software hosting redmen.com. There was also one significant change to the website this week to address keeping up with current standards and practices.

It has now become standard practice for all websites to be served as https (as opposed to the original http).

A couple of years ago I enabled https on the site as optional but as of today, the site is forcing https. Any link coming into the site should be automatically converted on the fly and you should not have to do anything on your end.

However if you do notice recent problems, please contact me directly via email: webmaster@redmen.com or via private message on the site.

Also if you have forgotten your username and/or password here are two links to address that (the links only work if you are not currently logged in):

forgot username:

forgot password:

Please consider a recurring monthly contribution.
Help Support Redmen.com
Thank you, Paul