Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2017-18 Transfers

2017-18 Transfers 4 months 3 weeks ago #287040

• johnsliva
  • Thank you received: 10
I am thinking after the NCAA report by Rice and company the request may be a bit more player friendly for some good press for the NCAA as opposed to arrests and violations.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2017-18 Transfers 4 months 3 weeks ago #287041

• oldschool Redmen
  • Thank you received: 185

Logen wrote:

oldschool Redmen wrote:

L J S A wrote: I'm shocked anyone is worried about this. Two posters with great sources both confirmed. And even if it's totally wrong, what did we really lose? It's a stud who appeared out of nowhere to most fans, and it gave us several days of dreaming. Way more frustrating to lose a high school kid the staff has spent two or three years on. Losing a kid who essentially didn't exist before yesterday is nothing.

Ponds & Heron could possibly be the difference between at top 10 backcourt nationwide and tops in the B.E and a middle of the B.E. backcourt.
With I could see 24 regular season wins and possibly winning the BE tourny, without 20-21 regular season wins and possibly 2 wins in the tourny. When's the last time we won 27 games going into selection sunday, 01.

To me it's what the future/recruits see next year.
I'm not just focused on next year.

More importantly, neither is the staff. FWIW, and IMO very little because there are games to be played, we have arguably the highest rated roster ever at SJU so the recruiting complaint is wearing a bit thin. So let’s get musical and Live For Today because Tomorrow Never Comes.

Complaint? It's not obvious that winning brings in top talent?

2017-18 Transfers 4 months 3 weeks ago #287043

• oldschool Redmen
  • Thank you received: 185

johnsliva wrote: I am thinking after the NCAA report by Rice and company the request may be a bit more player friendly for some good press for the NCAA as opposed to arrests and violations.

Damn I hope so, just give us the perfect storm for one year. That's it
I'm dreaming big but refusing to get to excited just yet.
Don't screw us and Heron NCAA.

2017-18 Transfers 4 months 3 weeks ago #287052

• Logen
  • Thank you received: 394

oldschool Redmen wrote:

Logen wrote:

oldschool Redmen wrote:

L J S A wrote: I'm shocked anyone is worried about this. Two posters with great sources both confirmed. And even if it's totally wrong, what did we really lose? It's a stud who appeared out of nowhere to most fans, and it gave us several days of dreaming. Way more frustrating to lose a high school kid the staff has spent two or three years on. Losing a kid who essentially didn't exist before yesterday is nothing.

Ponds & Heron could possibly be the difference between at top 10 backcourt nationwide and tops in the B.E and a middle of the B.E. backcourt.
With I could see 24 regular season wins and possibly winning the BE tourny, without 20-21 regular season wins and possibly 2 wins in the tourny. When's the last time we won 27 games going into selection sunday, 01.

To me it's what the future/recruits see next year.
I'm not just focused on next year.

More importantly, neither is the staff. FWIW, and IMO very little because there are games to be played, we have arguably the highest rated roster ever at SJU so the recruiting complaint is wearing a bit thin. So let’s get musical and Live For Today because Tomorrow Never Comes.

Complaint? It's not obvious that winning brings in top talent?

Yes, complaint. What exactly is “top talent”? To you it appears only the Duke, Kentucky, Kansas level player.

2017-18 Transfers 4 months 3 weeks ago #287061

• gman
  • Thank you received: 215
Good news to wake up to! Welcome Mustapha!

2017-18 Transfers 4 months 3 weeks ago #287064

• L J S A
  • Thank you received: 1162

Paultzman wrote: Zach B
As is the case with virtually entire roster, Matt Abdelmassih did the heavy lifting here. His value can't be overstated to the program. #sjubb

Matt's going to want another big raise, isn't he?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tom in Salem

2017-18 Transfers 4 months 3 weeks ago #287065

• gman
  • Thank you received: 215
FWIW it's worth, posters on the Uconn site think he is a definite to get the waiver.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kranmars, Tom in Salem, L J S A

2017-18 Transfers 4 months 3 weeks ago #287073

• SJU14
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 103

L J S A wrote:

Paultzman wrote: Zach B
As is the case with virtually entire roster, Matt Abdelmassih did the heavy lifting here. His value can't be overstated to the program. #sjubb

Matt's going to want another big raise, isn't he?

Deservedly so
The following user(s) said Thank You: JohnnyFan

2017-18 Transfers 4 months 3 weeks ago #287076

• ejoyce
  • Thank you received: 10
Totally agree... he also deserves someone to help him recruit... get Rice and the off season would be unreal!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: panther2

2017-18 Transfers 4 months 3 weeks ago #287083

• guinness77
  • Thank you received: 29
2 bits of great news within a week?? What in the sam hell is going on around here? :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: SJU85

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorth

ATTENTION:

Major updates were made to the servers / software hosting redmen.com. There was also one significant change to the website this week to address keeping up with current standards and practices.

It has now become standard practice for all websites to be served as https (as opposed to the original http).

A couple of years ago I enabled https on the site as optional but as of today, the site is forcing https. Any link coming into the site should be automatically converted on the fly and you should not have to do anything on your end.

However if you do notice recent problems, please contact me directly via email: webmaster@redmen.com or via private message on the site.

Also if you have forgotten your username and/or password here are two links to address that (the links only work if you are not currently logged in):

forgot username:

forgot password:

Please consider a recurring monthly contribution.
Help Support Redmen.com
Thank you, Paul