Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Around the Big East '17-18

10 months 1 week ago #266455

• Chicago Days
  • Thank you received: 1394
Admittedly, very impressive wins for ASU. Congrats to Bobby Hurley. It would be nice to enjoy a 'sweet' run of our own over the balance of the '17-'18 Season.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 months 1 week ago #266456

• REB
  • Thank you received: 48
We're 18th in RPI right now. Georgetown is not in the top 150.

10 months 1 week ago #266457

• Eric
  • Thank you received: 78
Georgetown receiving votes is absolutely ridiculous. that schedule they have played is the worst scheduling I remember ever seeing each team worse than the next. what a joke

10 months 1 week ago #266458

• SJU14
  • Thank you received: 103

We're 18th in RPI right now. Georgetown is not in the top 150.

www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketball-men/d1/...-mens-basketball-rpi

Looks like we are now 17, with our two losses against the number 2 and 3 teams.

10 months 1 week ago #266460

• Class of 72
  • Thank you received: 1792

This is so much better. Thanks '72.
:)

Thank you Paul! The new site format is evolving nicely. Many of us old timer wise asses are even getting the hang of it.:D
All characters and events depicted in this post are entirely fictitious. Any similarity to actual events or persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. 

10 months 1 week ago #266474

• REB
  • Thank you received: 48
Yes and Georgetown is now #196. Their OOC schedule is not going to serve them well in Conference when they have to put on their big boy pants!

10 months 1 week ago #266477

• OLV72
  • Thank you received: 191
The Johnnies # 17 won't get us to the tournament that counts if they lose ten conference games.

The RPI gives us something to talk about till the real games begin after Christmas.

I wish we had two cupcakes at CA in place of Iona and SJU. The next two are spaced with off days, food and parties. Not much to gain against two teams looking to spark their season after slow starts. These are trap games and our coaches are likely doing everything in their power to avoid a lousy loss before they beat PC at home. I hope we see Lovett and better shooting. I would expect Iona and St Joe's will be well prepared and ready to play.

10 months 1 week ago #266478

• bamafan
  • Thank you received: 595

The Johnnies # 17 won't get us to the tournament that counts if they lose ten conference games.

The RPI gives us something to talk about till the real games begin after Christmas.

I wish we had two cupcakes at CA in place of Iona and SJU. The next two are spaced with off days, food and parties. Not much to gain against two teams looking to spark their season after slow starts. These are trap games and our coaches are likely doing everything in their power to avoid a lousy loss before they beat PC at home. I hope we see Lovett and better shooting. I would expect Iona and St Joe's will be well prepared and ready to play.

Iona is first game this season at MSG and a local school that will be gunning for us so they should be up for the game. If we know a loss to St. Joe would be a bad loss and could cost us a possible NCAA bid you can be sure the players know it too or will be told about it. So it's on them if they suffer a let down in either game. No excuses based on emotional or psychological reason. Now if they play well and an opponent plays lights out and nips us well such is life.

10 months 1 week ago #266546

• gman
  • Thank you received: 215
It's not BE related, but I'll toss is here instead of creating its own thread.

My alma mater, Charlotte, fired Mark Price. Add him to the list of failed NBA experiments at the college level. Charlotte screwed up firing Bobby Lutz. We should have been happy with .500 seasons and the occasional NIT/NCAA run every four years. We had bad back-to-back hires and are worse off then when we had Lutz. Schools like Iona should take note.

10 months 1 week ago #266589

• jerseyshorejohnny
  • Thank you received: 504

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorth

ATTENTION:

Major updates were made to the servers / software hosting redmen.com. There was also one significant change to the website this week to address keeping up with current standards and practices.

It has now become standard practice for all websites to be served as https (as opposed to the original http).

A couple of years ago I enabled https on the site as optional but as of today, the site is forcing https. Any link coming into the site should be automatically converted on the fly and you should not have to do anything on your end.

However if you do notice recent problems, please contact me directly via email: webmaster@redmen.com or via private message on the site.

Also if you have forgotten your username and/or password here are two links to address that (the links only work if you are not currently logged in):

forgot username:

forgot password:

Please consider a recurring monthly contribution.
Help Support Redmen.com
Thank you, Paul