Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Kidtrell Blocker, SG, Tenn Prep Academy moo 2 months 1 week ago #422308

• Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 25240
Rochester kid who staff has kept in contact with apparently.

What does Blocker look for in a coach? “Coaching style I like is up a tempo, coach who can trust me and that I can trust on and off the court. That cares about me beyond basketball and helping me continue to develop into a young man,” said the guard.Will the guard commit soon? “As far as committing me and my family say about four weeks maybe give some more schools time to finish up their seasons maybe reach out. If not just do some research and figuring out what’s best fit for me with the schools I do have,” said Blocker. The other colleges vying for the young guard’s services are, “As far as offers I have a few, UNLV Kansas State, Buffalo, IUPUI, St. Bonaventure, and few more interest right now West Virginia, Montana State, UT-Martin, and St. Johns,” said the guard.

nychoops.rivals.com/news/new-offers-for-rochester-guard

The following user(s) said Thank You: Monte, Coaster

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Kidtrell Blocker, SG, Tenn Prep Academy moo 2 months 1 week ago #422332

• L J S A
  • Thank you received: 4299
I wouldn't mind making inroads with Rochester and Buffalo -- they've got some good players up there. Blocker played for a good program up there before heading south. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: Monte, Paultzman, IDRAFT

Kidtrell Blocker, SG, Tenn Prep Academy moo 2 months 1 week ago #422336

• Monte
  • Thank you received: 5801

Paultzman wrote: Rochester kid who staff has kept in contact with apparently.

What does Blocker look for in a coach? “Coaching style I like is up a tempo, coach who can trust me and that I can trust on and off the court. That cares about me beyond basketball and helping me continue to develop into a young man,” said the guard.Will the guard commit soon? “As far as committing me and my family say about four weeks maybe give some more schools time to finish up their seasons maybe reach out. If not just do some research and figuring out what’s best fit for me with the schools I do have,” said Blocker. The other colleges vying for the young guard’s services are, “As far as offers I have a few, UNLV Kansas State, Buffalo, IUPUI, St. Bonaventure, and few more interest right now West Virginia, Montana State, UT-Martin, and St. Johns,” said the guard.

nychoops.rivals.com/news/new-offers-for-rochester-guard

A commitment from this kid Blocker would be a real Bonanza for the program. 

The following user(s) said Thank You: Section3, kranmars, Frank61, Delaware, bamafan, L J S A, NCJohnnie

Kidtrell Blocker, SG, Tenn Prep Academy moo 2 months 1 week ago #422346

• SJUhoopNUT
  • Thank you received: 163
The highlights I have seen look good. This kid looks like he fits what we do and would thrive in our system. Hopefully they stay in touch. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: kranmars

Kidtrell Blocker, SG, Tenn Prep Academy moo 2 months 1 week ago #422353

• Paultzman

SJUhoopNUT wrote: The highlights I have seen look good. This kid looks like he fits what we do and would thrive in our system. Hopefully they stay in touch. 

I know as of three weeks ago he was anxious to get an offer from SJU and speaks to staff frequently. His recruitment has heated up a bit, so we'll see. He has had an excellent season playing in same bubble events OSL participates in.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kranmars, Frank61, L J S A

Last edit: by Paultzman.

Kidtrell Blocker, SG, Tenn Prep Academy moo 2 months 1 week ago #422366

• lawmanfan
  • Thank you received: 1895
W. Va in the mix AGAIN with a player we are interested in.

Kidtrell Blocker, SG, Tenn Prep Academy moo 2 months 1 week ago #422419

• L J S A
  • Thank you received: 4299

Paultzman wrote:

SJUhoopNUT wrote: The highlights I have seen look good. This kid looks like he fits what we do and would thrive in our system. Hopefully they stay in touch. 

I know as of three weeks ago he was anxious to get an offer from SJU and speaks to staff frequently. His recruitment has heated up a bit, so we'll see. He has had an excellent season playing in same bubble events OSL participates in.

I'd have no problem with the staff offering and taking a quick verbal if that's the way it played out. Good size and has played PG before, which means he and Pinzon in the game along with Alexander would lead to some pretty ball movement.

When we were winning I figured most everyone was returning. Then when we start losing my list of potential departures grows quite a bit. A kid like this could potentially be a nice piece to plug into new gaps.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SJUFAN2, kranmars, Paultzman, nycfan, Mean Gene

Kidtrell Blocker, SG, Tenn Prep Academy moo 2 months 1 week ago #422883

• Paultzman
Where do things stand in your recruitment as far as possible suitors?“St. John’s and Montana State have been recruiting me. West Virginia, Alabama also reached out to my coach but haven’t heard anything from there yet.”UNLV offered you recently, what’s the backstory on that scholarship offer?

"
UNLV started recruiting me about a month back. I played against one of their commits and had a good showing and they’ve kinda been on me ever since.”“As far as committing, I’ll probably give it another 4-5 weeks to get a better feel and be decided by the end of March, beginning of April most likely.

Briefly describe your game?“My game. I’m a combo-guard who’s pretty athletic and good in transition. I can also score the basketball on all three levels.” 

stockrisers.com/s/316/late-bloomer-kidtr...a-high-major-recruit
The following user(s) said Thank You: bamafan, L J S A, NCJohnnie

Last edit: by Paultzman.

Kidtrell Blocker, SG, Tenn Prep Academy moo 2 months 6 days ago #423196

• MCNPA
  • Thank you received: 3758

lawmanfan wrote: W. Va in the mix AGAIN with a player we are interested in.

I take that as a good sign.  Huggy-Bear recruits tough kids and recruits similar types that cma does.  Let's grab this kid to replace Dunn!   I like this kid's ability to do a lot of everything.  Aggressive with his moves towards the basket.  Can stop and shoot.  Long and athletic. In addition he plays with that D'Lo/Dunn killer-instinct that I love.  Comes across as a hungry player.   Would fit in great into our system, and. NY kid to boot.  

The following user(s) said Thank You: kranmars, L J S A

Last edit: by MCNPA.

Kidtrell Blocker, SG, Tenn Prep Academy moo 2 months 6 days ago #423202

• MCNPA
  • Thank you received: 3758

Paultzman wrote:

This, coupled with the fact that he wants to commit very soon ie. end of March or so, tells me we likely have a good shot. He doesn't seem to want to drag it out.  With Dunn  officially not coming back, would be easy to slot him in. 

The following user(s) said Thank You: NCJohnnie

Moderators: mkras99espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2Knight